Breaking News -- Maurice Purify.....

It's going to be interesting to see how Coach Callahan handles this. Most likely MO just lost his pretrial diversion. So he's going to face assault and resisting arrest charges as well.

If Callahan kicks him off the team MO is just going to transfer to a lower division school, put up monster numbers, and still get into the NFL. The best thing for MO is for him to get help. Two alcohol related incidents so close together clearly demonstrates an alcohol problem. The first thing I hope Coach Callahan does is ensure MO gets into some sort of alcohol treatment program. Then deal with the situation after MO has been sober for a while.

This was posted after it came out that Purify was going to pre-trial diversion....less than 2 weeks ago.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to hear from everyone that said he needs to be suspended,

why isnt cally making a statement. That is the freaking reason why.

I can't wait for KCHusker and other folks with the "innocent until proven guilty" blinders on. The guy is going to be a problem from here on out. He's a stud athlete...but no brain. Time to thank him for his time and wish him good luck with his season-long workouts preparing for the '08 draft.

I know there are going to be many of the husker die-hards that say..."Oh, it's just a mistake. I've been in a bunch of bar fights. I've had a couple of DUI's. Blah, Blah, Blah..." That's fine. Gongrats on your quick fists and ability to drink and drive. Here's the thing. None of you have done it with a full ride scholarship and every news outlet watching your next move.

Why didnt you qoute my post earlier saying I dont agree with what he did.

Speaking of blinders, take yours off.

I was just saying why Cally was waiting.

:nutz

Bummer. Dude had a lot of potential, but I think some folks on the page have put WAY to much stock in him. Agreed, he would be a help to the team, but he was no means going to be a savior in anyway. There's always someone waiting in line to fill shoes...........

There's always someone waiting in line to fill shoes...........

Yeah, like when Boman went out last year.

It's much easier for a wide out to step up than a DB trying to get it done. Not to change the subject, but even with Bowman on the field our defensive backfield still would have been abysmal.

Our passing attack will be just fine this year. I'm more worried about protecting the QB so he has time to throw the ball as opposed to who he throws it to!!

I'd also like to state that my fiance wanted to have a fall wedding, but I instituted Nebraska Football Man Laws and told her "No wedding on gameday". Man Law. It kind of suprised me, because she's just as big a fan as I am. Instead we get married a week from tomorrow. :wasted:cheers:nutz