Mo Purify sighting

BAC is based on the percentage of alcohol in the blood in relation to body weight. Hence Purify would have more drinks than Solich.

Education for the dumb ass drunk drivers

Well, assuming time isn't too much of a factor, right, I guess, but the point is:

:boxosoap

If you've been drinking get a ride from someone who hasn't or take a cab or walk your sorry a** home. It's not that hard. And if you have to have your car at home and you have to go home and you have to drive there, then don't drink.

Oh, and if you act like an a**hole when you drink, then maybe you should just refrain.

I will say what i said when TLR got his DUI before the Cards season started - he was VERY close to the .8 or whatever it is limit - i mean not very far off it AT ALL!

.16 is twice, but come on. How many more drinks could that be? He probably just made a mistake in judgement on how drunk he was..

Few game suspension is what i say - but i support anything the BC decides

I will say what i said when TLR got his DUI before the Cards season started - he was VERY close to the .8 or whatever it is limit - i mean not very far off it AT ALL!

.16 is twice, but come on. How many more drinks could that be? He probably just made a mistake in judgement on how drunk he was..

Few game suspension is what i say - but i support anything the BC decides

at minimum that is 8 drinks over 4 hours

Here is my biggest gripe...Purify is up for a pre-trial diversion, which could get him off scott-free with the team. Within that time-frame (less than a week when a decision is made) he gets a DUI?!? Forget football, this kid has a serious problem. The majority learns a serious lesson when approached with assault charges, esp. stemming from alcohol. You say to yourself, "why am I letting myself get into this situation?" ALCOHOL. So you do something about it if you can control it. Especially when your scholarship, your possible livelihood, your friends, teammates, depend on it. Purify couldn't go ONE WEEK without screwing this up. This is quickly becoming a Farley situation. Anyone remember him? Probably one of the most talented, gifted, knows exactly where the ball is going player in the world? Yeah, he's lucky to be out of prison, if he is, but of course no one knows, because he flushed it all away. To think that Purify would be satisfied with a 3 or 4 game suspension is only masking a ruinous situation. When you start conditionalizing yourself to the next-best scenario, you are only running from your problems.

Yeah, Purify is talented. But he has just proved to me that he can no longer control the urges in his personal life. He needs help, and football isn't going to do it for him. Unfortunately, this state and program will try to do just that.

i really don't see much in common between the DUI and the bar fight. Other than in order to be driving drunk, you have to drink first, and a common place to do that is at a bar. Call me crazy, but i'm not seeing a pattern other than alcohol.

The intent with the bar fight was to hurt some guy, who from what i gathered had as much play in causing that incident as Mo did. Imo, this got blown way out of proportion. It was a non-issue then and still is now.

The DUI on the other hand i take very seriously, but the intent is far different. He wasn't out trying to hurt anyone, it was merely his carelessness that put others at risk. I don't mean to minimize the seriousness, only to point out he wasn't trying to hurt anyone, just using very poor judgement.

The two events are very different imo. If there's any relation to them it's alcohol. And if Mo has an alcohol problem i'd rather try and help him with it then kick him out on the streets.

I guess what I'm asking is......how toasted is a 6-4 220 pounder at .16???

What was Solich??

Who gives a sh#t.

:cheers

We should curb that bs before it turns out like a half millon other off season threads. I have an idea we should all tell each other about our DUI'S and what we blew. :nanalama

i really don't see much in common between the DUI and the bar fight. Other than in order to be driving drunk, you have to drink first, and a common place to do that is at a bar. Call me crazy, but i'm not seeing a pattern other than alcohol.

The intent with the bar fight was to hurt some guy, who from what i gathered had as much play in causing that incident as Mo did. Imo, this got blown way out of proportion. It was a non-issue then and still is now.

The DUI on the other hand i take very seriously, but the intent is far different. He wasn't out trying to hurt anyone, it was merely his carelessness that put others at risk. I don't mean to minimize the seriousness, only to point out he wasn't trying to hurt anyone, just using very poor judgement.

The two events are very different imo. If there's any relation to them it's alcohol. And if Mo has an alcohol problem i'd rather try and help him with it then kick him out on the streets.

yep, that is exactly what all these ass-holes say, after they crash and kill someone, "gee, i wasn't trying to hurt someone"...i just got a little drunk and it happened. until you lose someone close to you, it doesn't hit home.

You want a pattern? Okay, how's this. Purify shows up to spring camp like 20 some pounds over weight. He gets into a bar fight. Now, he gets a DUI all within a few months time. The pattern appears to me that he has absolutely zero self control. Call it lack of motivation or whatever, but there is a clear and distinguishable pattern. He obviously doesn't care. He lacks character, and he definitely lacks discipline. I think he should stay kicked off the team indefinitely until he has proven he's cleaned up his act. One more brush with the law, and they should not only kick him off the team permanently; but they should yank his scholarship as well.

yep, that is exactly what all these ass-holes say, after they crash and kill someone, "gee, i wasn't trying to hurt someone"...i just got a little drunk and it happened. until you lose someone close to you, it doesn't hit home.

Question: why is it impossible to say that i don't think it would be a bad idea to help Mo without saying i don't have a problem with drunk driving? This problem seems to be a microcosm for a lot of other topics on the board now that i think about.

I'm aware of the side of home your sitting on. I take drunk driving very seriously. I never said Mo shouldn't be punished for what he did. However, are you aware of the other side of the house? Should we just put the guy to death, since there's no way he can ever undo what he did that night?

Personally, while i don't excuse driving drunk, i also don't think a person who makes this mistake becomes a waste of human being or without merit of further existence. What's wrong with saying that he screwed up, but i don't have a problem giving him another chance?