Weight: 235 lbs.

40 time: 4.73

Visit Date: To visit in summer

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Missouri, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Multi-purpose talent...appears would be DE prospect.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% Should take a visit with us this summer... Teaser at Big Red Report We have recently offered...I do not see OU in with an offer despite his location and being at OU camps.

• 3 weeks later...

Not the same high school as Zac Taylor but it would be an ironic good thing to start a pipeline in the Sooners backyard. :)

Here is an article on this kid from Scout.com

RIPPING IT UP

By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor

Posted Jul 1, 2007

Although he's done with his camps after having been to Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, K.J. Williams says he'd still like to take a few unofficial visits this summer. One school he wants to visit for sure is Nebraska. "I love their history," Williams said. "They were a powerhouse and just need a couple more key players to get back on top again..."

K.J. Williams is being recruited for both tight end and defensive end and says he doesn't have a preference for either position.

"I have fun on both sides," said the 6-foot-4, 234-pound, three-star recruit from North High School in Norman, Okla. "I want to see where I can be more successful in college. Basically, I'll know which position I want to play after my senior season and that will help me decide on which school I'll go to."

Williams (Kenneth Jermone), ranked No. 20 in the Midlands by Scout.com, has 10 scholarship offers and said he favors Texas A&M slightly over Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Iowa State, Missouri and Oklahoma. All of his favorites have offered except for Oklahoma, even though he attended the Sooner camp.

"Oklahoma is only about three minutes from my house," Williams said. "They just got my transcript last week and I think they'll offer me. The camp went good and I like the program a lot. They are a top team every year."

He also attended camps at A&M and Oklahoma State, both of which are recruiting him for tight end. "A&M uses the tight end a lot and they have a great offensive system," he said. "They produce great players every year and I think I did really well at the camp. I was there with a couple teammates and we really ripped it up.

"I also really like (cornerbacks) coach Van Malone and (head) coach Dennis Franchione," Williams said. "They are cool coaches and I like that they took time to talk to me at the camp. They made me feel wanted."

Although he's done with his camps, Williams says he'd still like to take a few unofficial visits this summer. One school he wants to visit for sure is Nebraska. "I love their history," he said. "They were a powerhouse and just need a couple more key players to get back on top again."

The schools that are recruiting Williams for defensive end are Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas State and TCU. All of those schools have already offered as well as Texas Tech, New Mexico and Tulsa.

Williams has only lived in Oklahoma for a year and grew up in Baton Rouge, La., where he became a huge LSU fan. "I love LSU football as a kid," he said. "They are recruiting me, but I only get letters from them. They haven't talked with me about a scholarship or anything."

He finished his junior season with 66 tackles and five sacks on defense. On offense he had three catches for 53 yards and one touchdown. Williams says he can bench 315 pounds, squat 480 and run forty in 4.75. He also has a 33-inch vertical jump.

"I'm able to use my size well," Williams said. "I have good footwork and get to the backfield fast and cause problems. I'm physical and like to slam people to the ground, but I want to work on fighting off double teams and getting off blocks better. I also want to improve my blocking on offense."

Williams reports a 2.6 core GPA, but has not taken the SAT or ACT yet.

Sounds like we have at least a shot with this kid. I hope we make the most of it.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks like K.J. Williams has softened on his verbal commit to Texas A&M and plans to visit some schools before finalizing his decision. It has been reported that Nebraska is one of the schools he is considering visiting.

Is he coming on a visit? Be great to get some more defensive help.

He will be visiting Nebraska for sure

He said that January 18th is a likely possibility and Nebraska wants him at TE