A South-West mega conference?

I think it would absolutely suck to be in that conference. The teams would be so beat up year in and year out from playing such a lights out schedule that probably none of them would make it to the title game because more than likely they'd all have at least one or two losses. You could have a pretty good team and still end up around .500.

This sounds a lot like the SEC.

Tom

I think it would absolutely suck to be in that conference. The teams would be so beat up year in and year out from playing such a lights out schedule that probably none of them would make it to the title game because more than likely they'd all have at least one or two losses. You could have a pretty good team and still end up around .500.

This sounds a lot like the SEC.

Tom

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

It's interesting, but I think if NU were to break off and join another conference it would be the big 10, which is now the big 11, and would then have 12 teams. I think this would be good because it would mean more TV time for NU, plus more classic programs to compete against. I would rather play Ohio St., Michigan, Wisconson and Minnesota than Iowa St., Kansas, Oklahoma St., etc.

I think NU got the shaft in the Big XII anyway, because the whole damn thing is run by Texas, just as Dr. Tom feared. I wouldn't have a problem with us leaving. In fact, I wish it would happen.

I don't see us joining a conference with USC though.

:yeah How cool would it be to see us in the Big House every year? Or in the Horseshoe? And we would have much better tv coverage

I say just drop ISU and Baylor and then make every body play everybody else. That's a 9 game conference schedule. We play OU every year, and UT gets to play OU every year. Everybody gets t opaly everybody else every year.

We could still call ourselves the Big 12, or the Big 11.

Whatever.

Baylor wouldn't get dropped. They're competitive in every other sport and are in the top 4 when it comes to winning the most overall National Championships since the Big 12 started. Baylor's also a rising program. I think they have a legit shot to go bowling this year...especially playing the slouches of the north -- Kansas, KSU, and Colorado. Baylor swept the North last year. ISU -- possibly. They're bad at everything.

Dont count the north out yet! There are alot of changes going on all over. Dan Hawkins is crazy as hell, hes also phenominal at getting average players to be great. If Ron Prince can get past his own ego and not be such an as***le to his own staff long enough he has the fire and attitude that could revive thier defense back to what it was famous for....being mean and nasty. Gene Chisik has the Knowledge to bring ISU back to the glory days of being mediocre instead of pathetic. And then theres Mangino, he improved his team quickly , got a raise....then stopped doing much at all, except eat. Everyone but ISU cant suck forever!

Dont count the north out yet! There are alot of changes going on all over. Dan Hawkins is crazy as hell, hes also phenominal at getting average players to be great. If Ron Prince can get past his own ego and not be such an as***le to his own staff long enough he has the fire and attitude that could revive thier defense back to what it was famous for....being mean and nasty. Gene Chisik has the Knowledge to bring ISU back to the glory days of being mediocre instead of pathetic. And then theres Mangino, he improved his team quickly , got a raise....then stopped doing much at all, except eat. Everyone but ISU cant suck forever!

Hawkins is a goof ball, can only motivate/recruit by trashing another team (NU). Mangino will have the big one on the sideline when he burps or farts after eating 4 pizzas during a game at half time.

Hawkins is a goof ball, can only motivate/recruit by trashing another team (NU). Mangino will have the big one on the sideline when he burps or farts after eating 4 pizzas during a game at half time.

I don't want to give him more credit than he deserves, but at Boise State he really "invented" (alot like Urban Meyer's) his own offense that really utilized stratagy that doesn't need alot of athletisism.

Boise gets more credit than it deserves really. They only play maybe 1 or two good teams a year. Plug them into the Big 12 and you get Baylor or ISU.

The simple fact of the matter is, the Big 12 needs KSU, KU and CU to get back to their 90s form. KSU was a regular in the top 10. CU won a nation championship. And KU actually got ranked now and then. These programs need to get thier stuff together and get back into form. They have all produced winners in the past, and could again. As Much as we like to laugh and make fun of them, we do actually need them to be good.

Then there is the non-football angles. KU will never get kicked out as their basketball is the best reason to have them in the conference, and Baylor is actually very competitive in anything other than football. The only team that is more or less a doormat across the board is ISU.

The only team that is more or less a doormat across the board is ISU.

Psst, Wrestling.

Yes they are very good at wrestling.....do as many people go to those tournements as KU B-ball or NU football? No, and the point of the conference is money to begin with....so who cares about ISU. We should pick up TCU, drop ISU and move OU to the north. NU plays OU every year, north gets stronger, and TCU gets to play with some big boys, everybody wins.

The only team that is more or less a doormat across the board is ISU.

Psst, Wrestling.

Yes they are very good at wrestling.....do as many people go to those tournements as KU B-ball or NU football? No, and the point of the conference is money to begin with....so who cares about ISU. We should pick up TCU, drop ISU and move OU to the north. NU plays OU every year, north gets stronger, and TCU gets to play with some big boys, everybody wins.

but isnt stillwater, further north than norman?