Tickets For KIDS

HELLO! You are all going to think I'm crazy but I would like to propose something to you HUSKER FANS. Thanks to an email from huskerboard I was able to purchase season tickets for Wake Forest, I considered selling them on ebay but they are not bringing much at this time. I gave $200.00 for season tickets for two, well I know there is alot of us that have given more then that for two seats for one game in Lincoln. My proposal is that we donate our tickets to big brothers big sisters of Winston-Salem for all the games except ours. I have already contacted big brothers big sisters in Winston-Salem NC and will be donating my remaining tickets so that some KIDS can enjoy the sport we all love so much and that may not get the chance otherwise. So if your money means more to you then putting a smile on a kids face then sell your tickets on Ebay. If you are interested I will be glad to pass their information on to you. GO BIG RED :yeah:yeah:yeah

Why do you want to punish these kids by sending them to Wake Forst football games? It's one thing to go to them when The Huskers are in town, but any other day of the year...???... :)

Tom

Well Tom you never know that kid that gets a ticket from a Husker fan may begin to love the sport as much as we do and someday lead the Huskers to another National Championship. It's not always about who you are watching but the love for the game Husker8up

HELLO! You are all going to think I'm crazy but I would like to propose something to you HUSKER FANS. Thanks to an email from huskerboard I was able to purchase season tickets for Wake Forest, I considered selling them on ebay but they are not bringing much at this time. I gave $200.00 for season tickets for two, well I know there is alot of us that have given more then that for two seats for one game in Lincoln. My proposal is that we donate our tickets to big brothers big sisters of Winston-Salem for all the games except ours. I have already contacted big brothers big sisters in Winston-Salem NC and will be donating my remaining tickets so that some KIDS can enjoy the sport we all love so much and that may not get the chance otherwise. So if your money means more to you then putting a smile on a kids face then sell your tickets on Ebay. If you are interested I will be glad to pass their information on to you. GO BIG RED :yeah:yeah:yeah

Update: I talked with Rebecca Edwards today of Big Brothers Big Sisters and she said that she has alot of kids that would really enjoy the games. She is from the Winston-Salem chapter of this non-profit organization and you may contact her at (336) 724-7993. I will be taking her my tickets the friday before the game, I hope some more peaple with Husker Hearts will donate also. (Rebecca will also give you a donation reciept for those of you that will take it off your taxes)

make sure that you donate them as an anonamous husker fan. maybe if enough people pool together and go through the newspaper, that would really show parts of the country how truly GREAT Husker Fans really are!!!!!

There was a small boy and his father sitting on the side of the street early one morning in Lincoln, as we were all doing our saturday morning march to the stadium an older gentleman walking in front of me kneeled down and asked the boy if he was going to the game, when the boy said no the man offered to give them two tickets to the game. This was the Texas game and this man could have sold these tickets with no problem but he chose to GIVE them to this boy and his father. Lets pass this on and show that we are truly Great!

I just sent a mass email promoting this idea. Thanks again 8up.

Thanks for the email notification, Blackshirt. I've passed it on to C.R.A.B.S. and the WDC chapter of the Alumni Association. Being a "local" game to us, I know there are a lot of potential donors in our groups as we were planning to saturate the game, just as we had @ PSU and Pitt in previous years. And even though the other Big Red in this area (University of Maryland) is playing down there later in the year and we could have made a killing on reselling them to locals, I'm sure most will "play it forward" and donate. I know I will.

Now, as for the UofMD alum that I had agreed to sell my tix to, I wonder if he will be satisfied with the WF 2006 ACC Champion poster I got in the mail the other day as a season ticket holder..... :hmmph