Eric Crouch's '97 Huskers - Best Team of the Past Ten Years?

Way to go, ESPN....awww, you guys rock. :wasted

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnatio...stranker?id=643

Florida shocked many in the college football world, winning the first Tostitos BCS National Championship Game, earning them the title as the best in the land. They took down Ohio State in a 1 vs. 2 matchup. With the win, the last page of this season is turned.

But what about history? The newly crowned champs were the best the college gridiron had to offer this season, but how do they stack up against the championship teams of the last 10 years? Are they better than Vince Young's Longhorns? Better than Eric Crouch's Cornhuskers?

Now let's get Sam Keller's Cornhuskers up there. :horns2

Ahhh....I typed that before clicking on the link for the full article....and seeing the '97 Huskers box. You'd think the Epicenter of all things sports-related would have their research staff look up little things like "Who was the starting QB for each of these teams?"

I'd have to put the '04 USC team at the top. Pretty dominant. OU has one national title and 2 other title appearances in the last 10. Pretty impressive.

absolut friggin :asshat 's!!!! i bet kirk put this together just to piss us off. the SCOTT FROST team was pretty damn good. not ton's and ton's of talent but we freaking STEAM rolled people that year. it took payton manning 10 years to shake off that beating and finally win a championship.

absolut friggin :asshat 's!!!! i bet kirk put this together just to piss us off. the SCOTT FROST team was pretty damn good. not ton's and ton's of talent but we freaking STEAM rolled people that year. it took payton manning 10 years to shake off that beating and finally win a championship.

I'm pretty sure Peyton had forgotten about that game by the time he was Indy's #1 pick. If not then, then maybe after he started breaking records left and right.

I'm pretty sure Peyton had forgotten about that game by the time he was Indy's #1 pick. If not then, then maybe after he started breaking records left and right.

Had to love watching him conduct the band instead of being the QB. We dismantled Ten and would've done the same to Mich if we played em. '01 Miami was probably the best in the past 10 years, but come on, Texas and USC....give me a break.

ERIC CROUCH DIDN'T PLAY IN 1997! Goddamn espn.

Where does it say '97? Maybe they are referring to his Heisman year...though they only made it to the Championship game I guess. Odd.

No, it was all the championship teams of the past ten years. Below, the icon says '97 Huskers. :)

all i'm saying about payton manning is that, starting with us, he had never won a championship DESPITE setting records and being the number one pick. we friggin pipelined them that year and he had been known as the QB with all the talent and no rings since then, until the super bowl this year, obviously.

i think our 97 team is underrated because of all the hype michigan and payton were getting.

(and yes, i'm misspelling his name on purpose)

Had to love watching him conduct the band instead of being the QB. We dismantled Ten and would've done the same to Mich if we played em. '01 Miami was probably the best in the past 10 years, but come on, Texas and USC....give me a break.

Hey neighbor! (Overland Park Husker) I live in OP myself! GBR!

ERIC CROUCH DIDN'T PLAY IN 1997! Goddamn espn.

Where does it say '97? Maybe they are referring to his Heisman year...though they only made it to the Championship game I guess. Odd.

No, it was all the championship teams of the past ten years. Below, the icon says '97 Huskers. :)

Yeah, I posted right after my original post....after I clicked on the link.