A USC's fan prediction

I don't see how USC puts 40 on us, they couldn't even do that in the Colosseum and our secondary is MUCH better this year now that we are finally getting healthy and have two safeties that can actually cover over the top.

And to those claiming NU can't match USC's speed and conditioning.. what planet are you from? Seriously, no one is better conditioned than the Huskers and we most definitely have the speed to match up with anyone.

:yeah

......have you seen keller throw the ball

Yes, in 2005 and we intercepted him four times. This year's defense is better than in 2005.

ok I'll grant you that, but to say he the secondary won't be tested much is going too far the secondary will be tested with someone who can throw the long ball.

please correct me if i'm wrong but last year didn't you start a freshman safety. not sure about that but I think that's something I remember. he's somebody that might be tested.

all in all I just dissagree with the notion that the secondary won't be tested especially with the group of linebackers you have it may be hard for us to run the ball on you guys

also 2 of those ints were tipped balls and I think it may have been 5 ints :o

we'll see come september 16 :woo:woo

oh and I'd like to say it's good to have an intelligent USC fan on the board especially with our game coming up and I hope you stick around even afterwords.

I think he was being more than fair. I see our O line has maybe a B, but most likely a C+. The QB against this type of talent has not done well. He maybe a B player, but I doubt he will be in this game. Carrol knows him and what to expect from him.

I don't think we get run in our own stadium, but guys we do not have the talent to beat this team. For every 5 star we recruit they have 10 and most setting on the bench waiting for their turn. You are looking at the Nebraska of the mid 90's.

I think we have a chance in this game. But it could easily turn into a rout, if we throw a couple of interceptions or fumble. Id like to have some of what ever people are smoking that think we have the speed to compete with SC. It is not there period. WE will not be able to run the ball on this defense, unless Lucky actually runs up field. Keller has not faired well against this team in the past. I think his team this year is better than when he played at ASU, but not light years. Still building guys.

I disagree with the conditioning aspect in favor of SC. I think our kids will play 60 minutes just like they did last year. Coments were made about us never quitting. But their depth will hurt us in the later stages of the game. \

My guess is 28-17 SC.

Yes, in 2005 and we intercepted him four times. This year's defense is better than in 2005.

please correct me if i'm wrong but last year didn't you start a freshman safety. not sure about that but I think that's something I remember. he's somebody that might be tested.

Yes, he was a true freshman, Taylor Mayes, and he was first team Freshman All-American. He may just be the best athlete on the field. He could be another Ronnie Lott. He is huge for a free safety, about 6'4" and 220 and is the fastest guy in the secondary.

I didn't want to say 5 because it sounds so bad. So, I just mentioned the four in the second half. Also, that does not included the throw-away passes he threw because D-linemen were all over him. Your O-Line is the key to the game. If Keller can stand there and throw, he will test our very good secondary. But if he has to scramble like he did at ASU in 05, I'm afraid he will be in for a long day. Remember, going into that game he was rated as the or one of the top passers in the NCAA. He still had good stats, except for those game killing ints.

oh and I'd like to say it's good to have an intelligent USC fan on the board especially with our game coming up and I hope you stick around even afterwords.

I try to bring some intellect to the discussion, thanks. I also find a lot of intelligent posts from you Huskers. Yes, I will be around afterward, because as I have said so many times before, Nebraska is my second favorite team. I am glad to get the SC game over early, win or lose, so I can be making positive comments about the Husker's chances after Sept. 15th. I hope to come to the game, but I will be at the Appalachian - Michigan game the week before, and I don't know if I can follow up with another big trip like that.

By the way, my last post got me my first little red "N". I shall display it with honor!

Yes, he was a true freshman, Taylor Mayes, and he was first team Freshman All-American. He may just be the best athlete on the field. He could be another Ronnie Lott. He is huge for a free safety, about 6'4" and 220 and is the fastest guy in the secondary.

I didn't want to say 5 because it sounds so bad. So, I just mentioned the four in the second half. Also, that does not included the throw-away passes he threw because D-linemen were all over him. Your O-Line is the key to the game. If Keller can stand there and throw, he will test our very good secondary. But if he has to scramble like he did at ASU in 05, I'm afraid he will be in for a long day. Remember, going into that game he was rated as the or one of the top passers in the NCAA. He still had good stats, except for those game killing ints.

I try to bring some intellect to the discussion, thanks. I also find a lot of intelligent posts from you Huskers. Yes, I will be around afterward, because as I have said so many times before, Nebraska is my second favorite team. I am glad to get the SC game over early, win or lose, so I can be making positive comments about the Husker's chances after Sept. 15th. I hope to come to the game, but I will be at the Appalachian - Michigan game the week before, and I don't know if I can follow up with another big trip like that.

By the way, my last post got me my first little red "N". I shall display it with honor!

that freshman sounds like a beast with a future in the NFL for sure

and I was wondering what kind of shape your d-line is in and I think your right about are o-line being the key to the game, it all starts in the trenches. and we'll have to muster some sort of rushing attack to keep the defense on it's toes though that will be hard with your LB corp. they're one of the most impressive groups I've seen.

oh and congragulations on your little red N ;)

and I was wondering what kind of shape your d-line is in.......your LB corp... they're one of the most impressive groups I've seen.

Since we ran a disguised 3/4 much of last year, all three of those guys return. One, Ellis, will probably be first team AA and another, Jackson, will probably be third team. The new fourth guy, Moore played a lot last year. We have a freshman coming in, Everson, who some people think will be starting after the fourth game. Thats big talk because the D-line is the second strongest part of our team. Our linebackers, as you mentioned, are the strongest part. All three linebackers will play on Sundays someday, and all will probably be at least honorable mention AA with one, Rivers, first team. The 2005 team with Lienart, Bush, and White was loaded with offense. This years team is a defensive version of the 2005 team.

While i agree that USC is very talented, I recall a game last year against Oregon St. and a game last year against UCLA. 2 teams not in our talent class that stepped up and beat the mighty Trojans.

The great thing is we know all about USC. The experts know all about USC. What the experts dont really know is about us.

Nicks has AA potential. Murtha has finally found a home and his confidence. Williams might be starting by then and he has All Conference potential (That's Three right there that will play on Sundays) Byford is one of the top Centers in the game. Our O-Line is gonna be sneaky good.

Keller is better than Taylor PERIOD. He will stretch the field and allow BC to put together a completely different game plan.

Lucky will run well because we can and will move the ball through the air.

Our D-Line lost 4 starters. WE WILL BE BETTER ON THE LINE. While we dont have carriker, Suh is better than the 2 interior guys last year. Turner is a stud in the waiting and will have better numbers than carriker last year because.............................................

Our LB are much improved. A healthy Octavien on the field is as much a game changer as a healthy Bowman. Ruud is in his best position and Mckeon is solid. Add the LB improvement to the much much much improved secondary with Asante and Green at safeties and Bowman Jones Murillo and Grixby at corner.

We have much improved depth with Wilson at safety as well allowing us to play nickel and even dime this year, neither one of which we could play last year.

Im not saying we WILL win the game but i am saying we can. USC is much like us in the late 90's and early 2000's a lot of respect without having to earn it. I think they are very good but we can definitely win and will not get blown out

USC loses its top WRs, center, and somehow they think they can score more points in our house than in the Collesium? Now I wouldnt fault one of thier fans calling a close game in USC's favor, but come on.

I was making a paper comparison. It could be the same score 28-10. It could be close, real close. The extra points I believe will come from our defense, not the offense.

By the way, we scored 70+ points against Arkansas at our place in 2005, lost our entire backfield including two Heismans and three offensive lineman, five juniors to the NFL, but still scored 50+ against Arkansas at the their place in 2006. It could happen.

No disrespect to Nebraska, but I really think we are that good. Also, you lost your entire D-Line. I thought thats what kept the game close last year. You don't have the stoppers you had last year although you are strong at linebacker. All of our O-Line starters (one a returning first team AA last year) were starters last year or the year before. We don't have a proven offensive player(s) like last year at the receiving position(s), but we do have a proven quarterback.

Someone said it in a earlier post, we are like Nebraska of the 90's. You guys just overpowered or outran everybody else. It wasn't cockyness, it was confidence. Other teams couldn't match up. It wasn't that they were bad, you were just head and shoulders above everybody else. (By the way, we were terrible in the 90's) If our offense can just duplicate last year, it doesn't have to be better, we should be a contender

I've got to chime in on this one.

Here's my reverse take on the USC game, using the same deluded logic as the fangirl who posted. Sam Keller will be hit by lightning in the second quarter which will turn him into a superhero. He'll throw for at least 3,000+ yards and carry 3 defensive tackles into the endzone on the rare occasions when he has to scramble. Marlon Lucky will mysteriously evolve wings the week before the game and rush/fly for no less than 600 yards and 15 touchdowns. Jesus will personally pardon Mo Purify and he'll score at least another 60 TDs. USC's so-called offense led by John "Takes-it-up-the" Booty will collapse under the strain and go whine to their sunbathing coach about how they wished they never entered the doghouse without Jarret or Smith.

All said and done, Nebraska 1,232 (35 succesful 2 point conversions), USC -9 (three safeties and the wind blows a field goal the wrong direction into the other post).

And USC must be razed to the ground. :cheers

While i agree that USC is very talented, I recall a game last year against Oregon St. and a game last year against UCLA. 2 teams not in our talent class that stepped up and beat the mighty Trojans.

Our D-Line lost 4 starters. WE WILL BE BETTER ON THE LINE.

Im not saying we WILL win the game but i am saying we can. USC is much like us in the late 90's and early 2000's a lot of respect without having to earn it. I think they are very good but we can definitely win and will not get blown out

Yes, you can win the game, I am fully cognizant of that. I can't say that about everyone on our schedule. If it was just based on talent, you wouldn't have to play, just add up the most 5-star high school freshmen and current All Americans, and you could decide it that way. However, you still have to play the game and win it. At this point its all talk. Come Sept 16th, it will still be talk, but results will be discussed ....not talent compared.

I would say Oregon State was as good as Nebraska last year, but you are right about UCLA.

Also, Ohio State lost all their great linebackers in 2005 and replaced them with what many thought were excellent replacements, including one All American. But they weren't as good, and when they played Florida it was exposed. Sorry, but your D-Line will probably not be as good as last year, at least not early in the season when they play us.

And I do recall those two losses last year, coupled with ten other losses in the last five years. But I also remember the 65 wins averaging close to 30 points per game. It just depends on what you want to emphasize.

I've got to chime in on this one.

Here's my reverse take on the USC game, using the same deluded logic as the fangirl who posted. Sam Keller will be hit by lightning in the second quarter which will turn him into a superhero. He'll throw for at least 3,000+ yards and carry 3 defensive tackles into the endzone on the rare occasions when he has to scramble. Marlon Lucky will mysteriously evolve wings the week before the game and rush/fly for no less than 600 yards and 15 touchdowns. Jesus will personally pardon Mo Purify and he'll score at least another 60 TDs. USC's so-called offense led by John "Takes-it-up-the" Booty will collapse under the strain and go whine to their sunbathing coach about how they wished they never entered the doghouse without Jarret or Smith.

All said and done, Nebraska 1,232 (35 succesful 2 point conversions), USC -9 (three safeties and the wind blows a field goal the wrong direction into the other post).

And USC must be razed to the ground. :cheers

that's flippin awsome :lol::rollin:rollin:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

College football can be a funny game. The trojans should be favored by a couple of td's. The huskers will come out and play their best. Will it be enough, I do not know. A break here and there and this game could be very close or a blowout which ever team gets the breaks. If usc comes in thinking they will win because they are usc. They could be in for a long hard game. If they expect a dog fight from the Huskers, they will probably pull away late in the game.

The shape of the ball leads to funny bounces and BC will have the team ready. The crowd will be ready ask texass how close they came to being upset.

Will we win. Cant say. I will say one thing. It should be fun to watch.,