ATH Eric Harper

Absolutely. Hell he gets here in Jan so he will have 9 months to gain 15 pounds (6-5 240) and since he played multiple offensive positions that is a good indicator he may be football smart. At least I hope so, the fact that hes 19 is a good indicator he may not be book smart so keep an eye on him for accademic eligebility issues as the season goes on.

I would like to see you add 15 pounds and do everything the same.

This is a lot easier than you would think. Sit on couch, watch tv, eat junk food, drink beer. 15 lbs isn't going to make or break ya.

Absolutely. Hell he gets here in Jan so he will have 9 months to gain 15 pounds (6-5 240) and since he played multiple offensive positions that is a good indicator he may be football smart. At least I hope so, the fact that hes 19 is a good indicator he may not be book smart so keep an eye on him for accademic eligebility issues as the season goes on.

This is a lot easier than you would think. Sit on couch, watch tv, eat junk food, drink beer. 15 lbs isn't going to make or break ya.

after that I want to see the person do everything physically he did before, I know it can be done espically how long this kid has, it is just I get mad when people think weight gain or loss is just really easy, and they say o just put 30 pounds on the kid and he would be a great lineman. When in reality your body has to do so much adjusting when it gains weight it is hard for the athlete to perform.

after that I want to see the person do everything physically he did before, I know it can be done espically how long this kid has, it is just I get mad when people think weight gain or loss is just really easy, and they say o just put 30 pounds on the kid and he would be a great lineman. When in reality your body has to do so much adjusting when it gains weight it is hard for the athlete to perform.

OK first of all I didnt say 30, I said 15, which is very easy to do when you have a professional dietician and an amazing strength program. It is extremely rare for ANY new college football player (even CB) not to gain at least 10 pounds in the first year just because they are finally eating like an athlete should. By the way that would be 7% body weight change, I'm sorry that is not going to "drasticly alter your athletic performance".

It is difficult, but it has been done sooooooo many times. Vershan Jackson put on a good 75 lbs in his years at NU. There are guys that were tight ends and moved to Line and have put on upwards of 80-100 lbs. in their careers and maintained quite a bit of athletic ability. Look at Robert Gallery, Joe Staley. Demorrio Williams put on 15-20 lbs before he joined the Falcons and didn't lose any speed or agility. It is difficult, but thats why people get paid a good salary to be trainers and dieticians.

It seems to me that any time someone comes onto the scene and is at least 6'3 and runs at least a 4.7 some people on here immediatley say move him to tight end. It doesnt really matter if he is being recruited for DE, LB, S, WR. I have heard a countless number of times, if he gains some weight and keeps that speed he would be an amazing tight end. With that speed and height he would make a great tight end. I am sure the coaches know what to do and where they see him doing the best at or where they need him the most at.

It seems to me that any time someone comes onto the scene and is at least 6'3 and runs at least a 4.7 some people on here immediatley say move him to tight end. It doesnt really matter if he is being recruited for DE, LB, S, WR. I have heard a countless number of times, if he gains some weight and keeps that speed he would be an amazing tight end. With that speed and height he would make a great tight end. I am sure the coaches know what to do and where they see him doing the best at or where they need him the most at.

i think there's a little more credibility with Eric being a TE than just his height and speed. Most notably, he played 7 different positions, including WR and TE. This tells me he has the athleticism and experience for the position.

That's not to say it's guarantee, or the staff even wants to do this with him, just that a switch to the offensive side does seem feasible.

When i read the article, one of the first things i thought about was imagining him and Will Henry lining up together. With one guy around 6-5, the other about 6-4... i don't know if it'll happen, but i'm certainly not opposed to the idea of it.

I don't know if I would say its easy to put on 15 lbs and maintain your speed and athleticism. There's no doubt that the Nebraska trainers and facilities are top notch, but you can't just put on weight/muscle without sacrificing quickness, speed, or agility - and that's what everyone expects.

I remember earlier in the spring reading an article about Barry Turner and maybe Pierre Allen talking about how hard they worked through the entire season to regain their speed and quickness off the line. They lost some of it because they put on weight the previous offseason/summer. It wasn't bad weight, it was healthy weight the coaches wanted them to gain, but it still affected the rest of their game.

with his size and speed and althletic ability he might work out better as a TE instead of LB. especially since we have already landed a few LB's and are still in the running for a couple more

He's graduating early, so in my eyes that makes him booksmart. I know his grades could be low, but he must have been planning on this happening, so he got his sh*t together to be done early.

On 1620 Micheal (who is from Lousiana) was saying how nobody down in Lousiana has even heard of this kid. The main high school football guy down there has a list of the top 150 players in Lousiana and Eric isn't on the list. He has called a lot of reports and they all say the coach always calls right back if you call him. But when Micheal called him he didn't call back. The school where he is from is evuavilent to our Millard North of a top quality school and has been on T.V. a lot for highlights, but Eric has never been on film. Also he can't we get in touch with anyone who has the kids telephone #.I couldn't quite tell if he was joking or not but he thinks that this a made up kid.

I hope this situtation gets cleared up and quick.