ATH Eric Harper

I agree this does seem like a realistic position for this guy to play. However I was just saying that it is a lot of the times the first thing some people say on here. If I am remembering correctly just to name a few, Pederson, Purify, Turner, and that is just the guys that are on the team. It just seems that every time a recruit comes along with good speed and height, automatically he would make a good tight end.

with his size and speed and althletic ability he might work out better as a TE instead of LB. especially since we have already landed a few LB's and are still in the running for a couple more

Absolutely. Hell he gets here in Jan so he will have 9 months to gain 15 pounds (6-5 240) and since he played multiple offensive positions that is a good indicator he may be football smart. At least I hope so, the fact that hes 19 is a good indicator he may not be book smart so keep an eye on him for accademic eligebility issues as the season goes on.

He's graduating early, so in my eyes that makes him booksmart. I know his grades could be low, but he must have been planning on this happening, so he got his sh*t together to be done early.

according to the LJS, he has only been in high school for 3 years and already has a qualifing ACT/SAT score and the only thing that is keeping him from getting a scholarship is graduating from high school, which he will do in december. the fact that he is 19 has nothing to do with him being book smart or not. His high school is in New Orleans and he probably missed some due to Hurricane Katrina

On 1620 Micheal (who is from Lousiana) was saying how nobody down in Lousiana has even heard of this kid. The main high school football guy down there has a list of the top 150 players in Lousiana and Eric isn't on the list. He has called a lot of reports and they all say the coach always calls right back if you call him. But when Micheal called him he didn't call back. The school where he is from is evuavilent to our Millard North of a top quality school and has been on T.V. a lot for highlights, but Eric has never been on film. Also he can't we get in touch with anyone who has the kids telephone #.I couldn't quite tell if he was joking or not but he thinks that this a made up kid.

I hope this situtation gets cleared up and quick.

This coaching staff can find talent any where! Soon they'll be paddling from village to village in the South Pacific looking for the ultimate D-lineman! :lol:

On 1620 Micheal (who is from Lousiana) was saying how nobody down in Lousiana has even heard of this kid. The main high school football guy down there has a list of the top 150 players in Lousiana and Eric isn't on the list. He has called a lot of reports and they all say the coach always calls right back if you call him. But when Micheal called him he didn't call back. The school where he is from is evuavilent to our Millard North of a top quality school and has been on T.V. a lot for highlights, but Eric has never been on film. Also he can't we get in touch with anyone who has the kids telephone #.I couldn't quite tell if he was joking or not but he thinks that this a made up kid.

for all u people who think he might not exist here are 2 pics of him

pic1 on this link picture #37

pic2 on this link picture #5

They had a guy from Lousiana on 1620, he said that he is real and one of the best pure athletes in the state. He said he just gets lost because he hasn't played one or two positions, he has been all over. The high school he goes has produced many D-1 guys even pro including Cordell Stewart and Reggie Wanye. The coach is supposibly a great guy and will let Eric go through a lot of the football workouts to keep in shape.

Here is the interview- http://www.1620thezone.com/archives/archive187.mp3

They had a guy from Lousiana on 1620, he said that he is real and one of the best pure athletes in the state. He said he just gets lost because he hasn't played one or two positions, he has been all over. The high school he goes has produced many D-1 guys even pro including Cordell Stewart and Reggie Wanye. The coach is supposibly a great guy and will let Eric go through a lot of the football workouts to keep in shape.

Make up your mind

does he suck or not

;)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry about Harper's star rating. They just got his tape, so they finally gave him a rating. His star rating will probably be bumped up a bit when they do the position rankings again.

Also, OPH, I think I might agree with you. If we land Demens, I can see Harper going over to TE. The way we continue to chase DE's like Aldon Smith, Simi Kuli, Cameron Meredith, etc., makes me think he might not stay at LB or DE.

Well Meridith is visiting right now and if he commits and Kuli commits then they will be done with DE's. If Smith commits there is a possibility that he gets moved over to tight end if Kuli wants to commit, the same goes for Dion Jordan. Right now we only have two DE's I believe and I could see Harper being a strong side with Williams being a weak side. To bring in two more would be perfect and Kuli would provide a huge immediate impact.