Colorado Game

Who is planning on making the trip to Boulder this year for the game. Since I am only about 2 hours away I am going to go.

Lets get a tally going and see if there would be any intrest into a huskerboard get together. We could all meet at Huskers of the Rockies store in Estes Park or something

Just a thought

I plan on not being there...

After living in Denver, and bearing witness to the Holy Grail of sCUm's existance of that 62-36 anomaly, I will never go to that joke of a stadium and campus ever again. Why? Ok, I'm not an undergrad anymore, but I know the life. I'm not that far removed, I still yell and scream, swear a little too much when the Huskers aren't doing well, but I am aware of my surroundings. If I have a BAC of .160 powered by Rum, beer, whatever, and I'm sitting by a family with a 8 and 10 year old, I just yell encouragement and try to keep my balance from not having to buy little Jimmy a new bucket of popcorn due to knocking it out of his hands in an attempt to not fall over after screaming 'Blackshirts' to the point of passing out from lack of oxygen to keep Johnny Opponent, QB, from completing a 1-yd pass on a 2nd and 12. I'm not perfect, I know and understand this, but this is your 2001 Colorado Buffaloes fans...

-Having Frat boys throwing lawn chairs at your buddies' 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee from their pre-game, 4-keg-wish-I-was-invited-just-to-have-some-drinks-but-not-hang-out-with-you frat party...having one clip the fence to keep it landing only inches from the vehicle...and watching CU campus 'police' on the street corner laugh about the incident.

-Begin walking up to your seat to have a soda tossed on you from somewhere, a late 30's/early 40's 'dad' encourage his approx. 9 yr. old to give you the 'double bird' because you're a Husker fan, then laughing and back-slapping his buddy next to him that the kid is 'learning.'

-At the concession stand, hearing behind you, "maybe if those f'ing idiots up there would poison these f'ers' food, they wouldn't show up here any more."

-Upon leaving, having leftover food and urine-filled bottles (some that are glass alcohol bottles that they snuck in, shattering around you) thrown at you while you're walking at street level and they are chucking them from the top of the stadium, again while campus 'police monkeys' are screeching "ooh-ooh-ahh-ahh!" while scratching their armpits in excitement and probably contemplating throwing their own dung as well.

I've been to the '95 Orange 'Miami Huff and Puff' Bowl, At OU, At UT, At USC, and although very full of themselves, call it confident (aren't we??), these fans have been fun, insightful, witty, and RESPECTFUL. I seriously don't ask for much at a game other than this. Although it is disappointing when NU loses, I want to walk away with a great college football experience, win or lose. It is really the people, not the games, that make a difference in life, and we, as NU fans, create that in turn when we host other schools and their fans to come visit us. I salute the 99.5% of NU fans who provide this, and try to correct the .5% that isn't done in a positive light. Believe it or not, I've yelled at NU students in the student section (while a UNL student) for throwing cups at the KSU fans sitting next to me. They didn't do anything, hell, they weren't even students, they just got some tickets from OUR students who wanted to party instead of see the game, and they wanted to experience Memorial Stadium, because they'd heard great things about the 'atmosphere'. Some atmosphere, having numerous cups pelting your head...to be honest, I knew because the dipsh*t who drilled me apologized and slurringly said he was trying to nail the 'purple thing' next to me. By the end of the game, the KSU fans congratulated me on the win, thanked me and my buddies for chatting with them and sharing some insight on the Husker tradition, and said they would still come back, and doubted we would ever like to go to Manhattan for a game, but 'they' would welcome us. What does that say?

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but please keep this in mind. Nebraska is *STILL* recognized as having the greatest fans in the country. I don't want this to end, because I like having people from Oklahoma and Texas, and anywhere tailgate and share stories and have a good time. We've seen consecutive this and that fall on the field, and that is unfortunate. But how important is it as being seen as the greatest sportsmans on AND off the field? It only helps support Nebraska athletics, and also creates camaraderie in places you may never think it could develop

i live in denver. my younger bro lives in ft. collins. we are going, along with my dad and mom. my wife and sister-in-law are going. that makes 6. we have gone to the past 5 NU-cu games in boulder and lincoln.

contrary to foppa's experience, we have always had a blast kicking their ass and watching them denegrate themselves. most of the time there are thousands of Husker fans around us anyway. and 10 Cornhuskers are as powerful as 15,000 cu fans from pebble anyway.

just don't give money to the hippie bums on pearl street or you'll surely run out of gas money.

I wonder what kind of impact it would have on their economy for that home game if not one Husker fan bought a ticket. No fans at all followed the team just once to Boulder. Think that may change the way they allow their fans to act before and after the game? Not fair to our team I know, but just might hurt their pocket book enough to make them address the problem's. Just a thought.

GBR!!!

I wonder what kind of impact it would have on their economy for that home game if not one Husker fan bought a ticket. No fans at all followed the team just once to Boulder. Think that may change the way they allow their fans to act before and after the game? Not fair to our team I know, but just might hurt their pocket book enough to make them address the problem's. Just a thought.

GBR!!!

That's the best way to make a statement, with your wallet. I guarantee that there won't be 15,000 CU fans to take up those seats, stay in those hotels and eat at their restaurants.

We should be going. My husband knows the ski instructor from working on the Ski Team van and painting it. We usually get freebie tickets. Some years we have extra. Last year we gave 4 away to Huskers. Nice people.

We've been going to the games since we moved here and have never ever had a problem. The tickets are in the faculity section and we do get strange looks and questions about how we got the tickets. No biggie.

We should be going. My husband knows the ski instructor from working on the Ski Team van and painting it. We usually get freebie tickets. Some years we have extra. Last year we gave 4 away to Huskers. Nice people.

We've been going to the games since we moved here and have never ever had a problem. The tickets are in the faculity section and we do get strange looks and questions about how we got the tickets. No biggie.

well let me know if you get extra tickets this year

well let me know if you get extra tickets this year

And you better be providing pre-game entertainment...

Oh wait... chances are I'm not going to make that one. Forget what I said.