QB race

I think Keller will be the starter and I feel BC is doing the right thing by making him earn it. It would be easy for me to say that Keller will be the starter because he was promised it before he came her, and come Sept. 1st say I told you so.

I hope Ganz gives him enough competition to make it very difficult for BC.

is poohbear a KU fan? he express his 'opinion' but is sure seems pretty negative...i wish we still had beck, freeman, and were recruiting gabbert, too (if beck and freeman weren't D bags of course)!! you can NEVER have enough talented players!! competition only makes everyone better.

I think Keller will be the starter and I feel BC is doing the right thing by making him earn it. It would be easy for me to say that Keller will be the starter because he was promised it before he came her, and come Sept. 1st say I told you so.

I hope Ganz gives him enough competition to make it very difficult for BC.

:yeah

I was VERY impressed with Ganz in the Spring game. He is much better than some give him credit for. However, I do believe Keller will edge him out for the starting job. Cally is doing the right thing by not naming a starter. Competition is healthy and brings out the best in most players...a best they sometimes did not know they had.

I don't believe for a second Keller was promised the starting job if he came here. I think he knew he had a great CHANCE at being the starter when he chose NU, especially when he looked at the depth we had at QB at the time.

Wow Omahapoopbear, BC alows you to be privy to one of the more major situations in his tenure here, yet you cant wrap your mind around the fact that to just give him the spot would cost both Keller and BC the respect of the whole F**KIN TEAM! Maybe you could work for G. W. Bush, he has a knack for hiring briliant incompetance. :nutz

I don't know if I agree with BC on this one or not. Back in 1994, was there ever a QB battle between Tommie, Brook, or even the Turminator? Hell, there wasn't even a QB battle for the starting position in 1995 after Brook led us to the title game in the 1994 season. If the backup QB won't practice just as hard even if there is no battle, then maybe we should get another backup QB.

After watching the running back situation last year, I don't even know what to think anymore. Brandon Jackson had been playing lights out better than Lucky and Glenn particularly late in the season. During the bowl game, Jackson saw very limited playing time. The competition there ran off the best returning running back for this season. It's kind of like when Frost transferred to NU. We all knew the first game he was eligible to play, he was going to be the starter. Personally, I think this entire QB race is distracting. If they're splitting practice time with the top unit, then I think this hurts Keller going into the season. He needs to be as familiar with the top unit as possible to get the timing down.

Yeah, maybe it is better if we just pick out the guy who has the most talent and hand the reigns to him. Kind of like we did when we recruited Josh Freeman, promising him that he would be the man and we would not recruit any other QBs.

//sarcasm warning.

Of course competition is good—especially at QB. As far as I am concerned, anyone who can’t handle the pressure of competition can transfer to, say, NC State. :)

Yes, competition is good. However if they're splitting time with the starting unit, this does hurt the projected starter especially if it's Keller due to him being new on the team. We have an extremely tough schedule this year particularly the USC game because it comes so early in the season. I think we can all assume that Keller will eventually get the nod. He needs to become very familiar with the starting squad particularly the backs and receivers to get the timing down. By splitting time with Ganz, he's losing valuable practice time. Not only does he need to know the starting lineup like the back of his hand, the rest of the starting unit needs to know his tendancies especially at audible time. I find the whole thing distracting.

Btw if Keller isn't named the starter, what are the chances he sticks around? He'll be the starter barring injury. We need a capable backup, and I think we have that with Ganz. I just don't like the idea of these two splitting practice time with the season just around the corner. Ganz has been here and knows the system and the schemes. There's no reason for him to be occupying practice time other than maybe 10% with the starting lineup at this point.

I live down here in Tempe, went to the ASU/LSU game when keller had an ubelieveable ammount of preassure on him to dismantle the bo pleini defense. LSU was favored and a very talented national power. keller dismantled them. had not been for a couple mistakes and a light ASU defense, ASU could have easily won that game. Keller is the real deal, he thrives on preassure. technically he should be a high draft pro QB as of now, learning the raiders or detroits offense. fortunately he is not, and thankfully he is in lincoln where a bunch of starving lunatics are waiting for the order to be restored. :madash

I understand what you (junior) are saying, I really do. I understand that chemestry and timing are important in any offense and especialy this one. But sometimes that is just a bunch of terms thrown around to excuse poor performance........set your purse down and play ball with two hands......(old coaches favorite term for quit bitchen and just play) I say let them battle it out, make Sam take it from Joey.

I don't know if I agree with BC on this one or not. Back in 1994, was there ever a QB battle between Tommie, Brook, or even the Turminator? Hell, there wasn't even a QB battle for the starting position in 1995 after Brook led us to the title game in the 1994 season. If the backup QB won't practice just as hard even if there is no battle, then maybe we should get another backup QB.

After watching the running back situation last year, I don't even know what to think anymore. Brandon Jackson had been playing lights out better than Lucky and Glenn particularly late in the season. During the bowl game, Jackson saw very limited playing time. The competition there ran off the best returning running back for this season. It's kind of like when Frost transferred to NU. We all knew the first game he was eligible to play, he was going to be the starter. Personally, I think this entire QB race is distracting. If they're splitting practice time with the top unit, then I think this hurts Keller going into the season. He needs to be as familiar with the top unit as possible to get the timing down.

Jackson was not close to 100%. Gotta remember, he went down in the Big XII championship. Tommie beat out Brook pretty handly and Frost's only competition was Turman and the Count. BC has always said he wants the starter to take 80% of the snaps during practice in the season, so when do the backups learn - the offseason.