KSU>>>QB? is he done for season?

Yeah, most good teams do it consistently. The only thing our offense has cosistently done is turn the ball over. We are not a good team yet, and we need to think about what a loss will do for our bowl chances. Because a division 2 team doesn't count, we still need 3 victories to be bowl eligible. We may get them, but it looks tough. I say we beat Iowa State and Colorado, but I don't know where the other one will come from.

I believe you are allowed to use a div2 win toward your total of 6 every 5 years...but I'm not clear....help? here?

NCAA rules permit teams to use victories over I-AA teams in the "bowl eligibility" calculations once every four years. The single exception was that all teams were granted an exception in 2001 in the event that any number of their games were cancelled by security concerens.

Sounds to me like we are in with 2 more wins......AAAHHHHHHH

you guys are happy with 2 more wins? Talk about lowering your standards. I'd rather not make a bowl then make a bowl at 6-5.

If we make a bowl then we bring more money into the conference and we get a bigger pot. This will help Stevie P with all of his big plans for the Husker Nation. I have no doubt that we will make a bowl and I think that we have an opportunity to win the North. You guys can rip me for being positive but I have faith in this team and I think that we will pull it together for the stretch run.

Sounds to me like we are in with 2 more wins......AAAHHHHHHH

you guys are happy with 2 more wins? Talk about lowering your standards. I'd rather not make a bowl then make a bowl at 6-5.

If we make a bowl then we bring more money into the conference and we get a bigger pot. This will help Stevie P with all of his big plans for the Husker Nation. I have no doubt that we will make a bowl and I think that we have an opportunity to win the North. You guys can rip me for being positive but I have faith in this team and I think that we will pull it together for the stretch run.

It's good that you have faith. I don't have a lot of faith, I think we will win 2 more, possibly 3 more. We won't beat ksu.

"I'm just hoping that's truly an accurate barometer of how we'll play the rest of the year."

That would probably require a healthy Meier. For the fifth time in six games, injuries did not allow him to play a complete game. Meier's throwing shoulder was obviously bothering him in pregame warmups, but he gutted it out to take command of a surprising all-out passing attack.

Facing constant pressure from OU, Meier was 11 of 20 for 153 yards and one touchdown in the first half. The Sooners led 17-14 at the break, but Meier was keeping his team in the game, an effort co-offensive coordinator Del Miller called extraordinary.

The Wildcats' pass offense eventually slowed, with wide receivers taking incorrect routes or, worse, dropping passes. Then, with just less than seven minutes to play, Meier took his final hit after an incomplete pass.

He needed help keeping his balance as he made it to the sideline, though he did jog to the locker room without a problem after the game. K-State coach Bill Snyder said Sunday he wasn't sure if there was a concussion.

"Yesterday, he seemed OK," Snyder said.

Meier's injury was another result of what ailed K-State's offense Saturday. The Sooners never allowed the Wildcats to get any kind of running game going, putting more pressure onMeier. KSU finished with one rushing yard on 25 carries, its worst rushing performance in more than eight years.

The word down in KC is that Meier may still be suffering from a lingering shoulder injury - the same one that kept him out of the first half of the KU game.

How nuts would it be if Snyder ripped Evridge's redshirt just for this game... I'd be mildly upset if I were him.

Meier's status raises question on redshirts

The Kansas City Star

The blackshirts of Nebraska invade Manhattan, Kan., on Saturday. But it is the redshirts at Kansas State that might prompt much of the intrigue this week in the Wildcats' program.

Chances are we will not know until game time whether Kansas State quarterback Dylan Meier will play because of the most recent injury he suffered Saturday in Oklahoma's 31-21 victory over the Wildcats.

“The best estimate is that we have him with us,” K-State coach Bill Snyder said. “The worst estimate is we wouldn't. Right now, I'm somewhere in between. It just remains to be seen.”

If Meier isn't available, Snyder indicated Allen Webb probably would start at 1:10 p.m. against Nebraska at KSU Stadium. And if Meier can't play at all, the scenario really becomes interesting.

Could Snyder, in the seventh game, pull the redshirt off true freshman quarterback Allan Evridge?

“We'll cross that bridge when we come to it,” Snyder said.

If Evridge does eventually play in 2004, he will be the first true freshman quarterback to play at K-State since Jonathan Beasley in 1996.

Judging by Snyder's tone in the preseason and beyond, Evridge already has been touted as a quick learner, a smart player and a breath of fresh air for the program. Evridge, from Papillion, Neb., originally committed to Nebraska but backed out when Huskers coach Frank Solich was fired. A 6-foot-1, 205-pounder, Evridge passed for more than 1,400 yards and rushed for nearly 600 as a senior.

The only true freshman who has played this year for K-State is offensive left guard John Hafferty. Asked whether he would take a redshirt away from any more freshmen now, Snyder said: “Is it the intent to play them heck or high water? No.”

It appears if Meier can't play, Snyder just might have to keep Evridge ready in case something happens to Webb. The only other two quarterbacks on the roster are junior walk-ons Justin Evans, who showed signs in the spring game that he had talent, and true freshman Adam Hamilton.

— Howard Richman/The Star

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/s.../9954139.htm?1c

Just a little update:

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/sports/co...ity/9962136.htm

Meier questionable -- K-State coach Bill Snyder was giving no hints Tuesday about the availability of quarterback Dylan Meier. With seven minutes remaining in Saturday's loss to Oklahoma, Meier was sidelined by a sandwiching hit to the head.

He spent the rest of the game groggy on the sideline. Seven minutes into his news conference, Snyder was asked if Meier would start.

"I should have opened this conference by saying, 'My answers to the first three questions would be: I don't know, I don't know and Excuse me, but I don't think I'll share that with you,' " Snyder said. "That's one of those questions that fits with those answers."

There are other health concerns Snyder wouldn't comment on Tuesday. Middle linebacker Ted Sims sat out the OU game after getting knocked unconscious a week earlier. Matt Butler, who had been starting at middle linebacker in Sims place, also did not play due to injury.

On Sunday, Snyder said Sims would play against Nebraska but only said of Butler, "He's not as healthy as we'd like him to be."

Defensive end Scott Edmonds also was injured during the OU game. Asked if one of his three answers applied to Edmonds, Snyder said that was the case.

Any team can do that, but the good teams go out there and can do it on a consistent basis. If we come away with a victory this weekend, then maybe we can consider ourselves a good football team.

It's hard to consider us a good football team when u look back a game or 2 and see you lost by 60.

Good teams can have bad loses. Lets look back a few years, I would say that Texas has been a good team over the past five years but yet they have had a few lopsided loses to Oklahoma. Does that not make them a good team. According to your criteria it means they are not a good team.

Alittle different my friend.

For one they didn't lose by 60 points and for two oklahoma was one of the top teams in nation, texas tech is far from a top team in the nation.

I don't see much difference between a 60 point lose and a 52 point loss. Both are ass whoopings. Plus I think talent difference between Oklahoma and Texas was very similar to the difference between Nebraska and Tech. My point being, you can't look at one game and decide if we are a good team or not.

I agree that the talent difference wasn't different between the 2 teams but the coaching was. stoops outcoached brown and leach outcoached callahan.

This is True, Yet Calllahan states in the press after the Texas TEch loss, The players didnt play very well.... What about I didnt coach very well?