when will they quit

i understand that Nebraska football stood for something unique in and of itself for better than 30 years. however, i wonder when they (media, pundits, assburger, etc..) quit talking about the 'regime change', the 'old style of NU football' the total makeover....anyway you get the point!

this year i hope we win games by spreading the ball around, playing intense defense, solid special teams, and are able to control the clock and yet score in less than two minutes when need be.

basically, option football isn't coming back; can they move on or will it always be talked about?

can they (we) quit talking about the WCO like it's some kind of revolution to hit us hicks in the midwest, or are we forever to remember Frazier, Crouch, Frost, Gill, etc.?

do we even WANT it to just be over and feel like these changes are here and we get it or is it so important that we always keep the memory alive?

i LOVE our past and would love to always be remembered for it. but i also would love to shut the naysayers up and win some games with the new system so the announcers will quit talking about the change so we can move on and not have every run up the middle be some "that's what these folks remember around here, running the ball." like we've neve seen ANYthing else.

I accept that the changes are here, and I have no regrets as to them, but I will personally never forget the likes of Frazier, Crouch, Rozier, Rodgers, Ahman, Gill, etc.

The mystique and aura of Nebraska is spearheaded by it's tradition, first and foremost. The three things I think of when I think of Nebraska's tradition are class, dominance, and the option.

That's just me.

For the media, we will have to consistently win big games over a period of time before they stop mentioning it.

As you noted, it was a long period of time we ran the option, and it was as much our identity for that period as the big red N. Takes time and wins before folks outside Husker Nation start viewing us in the old way.

I loved watching Schlesinger up the middle in the OB. I also enjoyed watching Purify break into the stratosphere to get the win against aTm.

As long as the 'N' is on the helmet, I'm pulling for them.

Some people just can't figure out that Frankie wasn't getting it done on that end of things & we needed a change. No matter how successful we will be, they will generate excuses & bitch & moan about it. It won't be "The Nebraska Way" whatever the f*ck that is.....

yeah, i'm agreeing with you guys totally. i was just imagining sittin on my couch watching the game; and having dumbass assburger tell all the people that have apparently been on mars for the last 4 years that N doesn't run the option anymore and act totally surprised that we might throw it 30 times instead of run it 50.

i wish they could say, "Nebraska, the dominant option team of the 80's and 90's have come full circle and run a more balanced attack now." and be done with it.

let us fans remember all of our greats and cherish them and quit treating us like idiots who can't recognize a change in our own program.

AR put it best, and we will hear them talk about it and that really doesn't bother me. I love our past but look forward to the future. If they want to make themselves look like ass clowns by always comparing this team and system to the 30 years ptior to this change I say let em. Thet will be that much further behind the curve when it starts to click and we start dominating again.

GBR

If they want to make themselves look like ass clowns by always comparing this team and system to the 30 years ptior to this change I say let em

Or 4 years ago..

Yes this team is not even remotely comparable to what it was and where it was 4 years ago. I am happy with the direction this team is going and am excited for the future with the recruiting classes we are starting to pull in. I know recruits are sometimes a bust but BC and his staff are fighting for and winning some of the best players in the country now.

GBR

For the media, we will have to consistently win big games over a period of time before they stop mentioning it.

As you noted, it was a long period of time we ran the option, and it was as much our identity for that period as the big red N. Takes time and wins before folks outside Husker Nation start viewing us in the old way.

:yeah well put...Everyone has Nebraska 'typecasted'...they won't notice anything else until it starts showing up in the BCS.