Where is Grixby? What is he doing?

Aim9

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could of sworn I read an article around spring practice time that basically said that Keller would throw to whatever receiver Grixby was guarding at the time?

Read post #33. His teamates dont even respect him.

BS. Ask any of the DB's.

Listen, if you've heard something I have'nt then by all means tell me.

The other teammates are asked about Grixby now and then in post practice interviews. As a matter of fact, Anthony Blue was asked today. He commented that Grixby can and will break up passes against much bigger guys.

I have never heard of someone publicly throw Grixby under the bus. They always say either how quick he is or how technically sound he is. Now, if they are talking in private there is no way either of us will know that so it's kind of pointless to debate about.

I think they should have just let someone like Thenarse get burned for a few games, and then we'd have someone with experience AND the physical tools to play. We paid for that all year long last year and if he starts again the same things will happen.

Just because Grixby might be the best corner in game #1 doesn't mean he would be better than Thenarse after say, game #4. People can try to glaze it over all they want, but there is absolutely a reason why opposing teams target Grixby all day long. Because they know it works.

So where does this start? Anytime there is someone lower on the depth chart that has more potential than a player that has been here longer and was a previous starter but doesn't show as high of a ceiling as a new freshman, then the freshman should start. I suppose we should start Paul this year instead of Nunn, Swift, and Peterson. We should also play Jones, Williams, and Barrett instead of Byford, Murtha, and Nicks.

The other teammates are asked about Grixby now and then in post practice interviews. As a matter of fact, Anthony Blue was asked today. He commented that Grixby can and will break up passes against much bigger guys.

I have never heard of someone publicly throw Grixby under the bus. They always say either how quick he is or how technically sound he is. Now, if they are talking in private there is no way either of us will know that so it's kind of pointless to debate about.

I guess I thought what Mckeon said was really telling of how he was viewed, maybe I read too far into it.

I guess I thought what Mckeon said was really telling of how he was viewed, maybe I read too far into it.

I have watched every press conference this year so far, but maybe I missed something. What did he say?

McKeon is a joker during PC's. Always has always will be. That's why I hope he gets to get in front of the mic's every week....

I have watched every press conference this year so far, but maybe I missed something. What did he say?

McKeon is a joker during PC's. Always has always will be. That's why I hope he gets to get in front of the mic's every week....

Post #33......I wish I could remember when it was but I'm not sure.

People are overblaming Grixby for last years Secondary woes. SHANLE people, SHANLE!!

Actually think it was a combo of both along with a green Jones made it easy pickens for the other teams offense.

I agree the secondary didnt have a solid guy, but Grixby was the weakest player IMO even though he had starting experience.

Does anyone know where Grixby is on the depth charts or whether or not he will see much playing time this year?

I still can't believe the coaches played him last year. How could they honestly believe that Grixby was the best corner available? How could they have not forseen Oklahoma lining up Malcolm Kelly against him every down? Sometimes I swear Phil Emassian couldn't predict six o'clock at 5:30.

I love Grixby just like everyone else, but some people are just not meant to be corners... or play Division I football.

Are we really going to run this tired thread again?...I guess so, and this time I'm jumping in. Sorry if I say things already said (how could I not at this point) but I couldn't read 50+ posts on a topic that has been covered...and covered....and covered....

Get off Grixby already!!!

He is short and that will pose a problem but he should be commended for being a stand up player last year.

Bowman was supposed to be the lock down corner last year. Grixby was supposed to be #2 and as a #2 corner he would be just fine. Bowman gets hurt and Grixby steps up (to 5 foot 9 instead of 5'6") and plays hard every game...no matter who he was lined up against. Andru Jones got rushed into duty but he can't be your #1, he doesn't even know where he's supposed to be (at least last year).

Grixby was hung out to dry by our safeties more than once (and maybe by the scheme as well).

The Huskers got out coached against Oklahoma. No one on our staff expected that WR they had playing QB to throw that much. How many picks did Taylor throw that game? but Grixby is to blame?

I bet coaches watch film. I bet they know Grixby is short. I bet they even know that some teams have tall WR's. If Grixby starts it is because he won the job and congrats to him if that is the case!!!

Maybe instead of blaming Grixby, blame some of the new comers for not taking the position away from him in practice! Obviously the competition is open. If they deserve the position they will be on the field!!!!

Yep, he is small but does anyone remember Barron Miles?

In today's paper, Niles Paul says that Grixby is the toughest corner on the team and the biggest challenge for him in practice.

its pointless to argue or point out the facts. everyone wants their scapegoat.

What Paul offers up is more rookie insider opinion than fact. Do you expect him to publicly say Grix is weak or horrible? Grix may be tough, but his coverage skills are average at best. There were many problems with last years secondary, and Grixby was a big one. He spent last year proving his inadequacies, he has this year show his doubters that they are wrong.

In today's paper, Niles Paul says that Grixby is the toughest corner on the team and the biggest challenge for him in practice.

its pointless to argue or point out the facts. everyone wants their scapegoat.

What Paul offers up is more rookie insider opinion than fact. Do you expect him to publicly say Grix is weak or horrible?

Not to mention they are "home town boys" Grixby is from Omaha Central, and Paul is from Omaha North and Paul played against Grixby's little brother in HS (who got caught with weed and got his scholarship to NU taken away). I'm not looking for a scapegoat, I'm looking for reasons why our secondary was so bad last year and IMO Grixby was a big part of it.