youtube media intergration

hack

i've seen that some boards have this feature where you can actually embed youtube vids in the posts. specifically here.

here's what the edit screen looks like (click image)...

youtube_s.jpg

is have the ability to stream media important? probably not. but it is cool. and we could integrate stuff like this, this and

into the board.

and how cool would that be?

I think that while having classic, memorable videos might be worth the time of the staff, I also think that just about every other video that is made by a member here should stay on youtube and their respected sites. They work hard on those videos and if the videos get embedded here the creator doesn't get the credit they deserve.

On a side note, once the wiki gets uploaded to hb's server (which hopefully won't be long) we will be able to embed videos on there as well, and I am guessing it is a little less work than this option.

when you double click on the embed video, video it youtube like another embedded object on a wiki or a blog.

i'm not seeing the problem. the only issue is if Invision Power Board has a version that supports that option.

Thats very interesting, thanks for the suggestion. Slacker has become our IB mod/hack guru, so I'll run it by him and see if he can figure it out.

So I'm just thinking, how did I get this job? I ask myself that every day?? It's a mystery..

So here's my hack. I set up a new tag, here's how it works.

To embed a video in your post type: [youtube]video id[/youtube]

An example would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEyt8qqaWD8 is the full link, the video id would be everything after the = in the URL, i.e. dEyt8qqaWD8

So you would type: [youtube]dEyt8qqaWD8[/youtube]

And you would get this:

dEyt8qqaWD8