ESPN's "expert" predictions

Agree that the Kansas pick is a joke.

Another joke is how many of them pick Texas to win the Big 12. They have to get past OU and then play A&M at A&M a team they lost to at home last year. I think they are overhyped IMO.

Edit: They have yall on the schedule as well. Between OU, NU, and A&M they will have a loss if not two and possibly all three. I don't see them winning the Big 12 this year.

HOw about the one dude picking OU to play for the BCS title championship!! WTF

OU's schedule sets up very nicely and they have a legit shot at going undefeated and winning the Big 12. If they do that there is a good chance they can end up in the title championship game. Yes, they have a huge question mark at QB, but they did last year and still won the Big 12. That is the only question mark on their starting line up. If they can teach the new guy how to hand off and throw an occasional pass to keep the opposing defenses honest, with their defense I can see why someone could pick them.

Am i the only one here that realizes a Bill Callahan coached Husker team has never clearly proved to be a better team against Kansas head-to-head?? Took us OT at home last year, barely won his first year at home, and last time in Lawrence was pitiful. We have to go back to Lawrence this year, and if Kansas also has Mizzou at home i think it is very possible Kansas could win the North...

Am i the only one here that realizes a Bill Callahan coached Husker team has never clearly proved to be a better team against Kansas head-to-head?? Took us OT at home last year, barely won his first year at home, and last time in Lawrence was pitiful. We have to go back to Lawrence this year, and if Kansas also has Mizzou at home i think it is very possible Kansas could win the North...

KU-Mizzou game is being played in KC...

But I was just looking at their schedule and i noticed something... THEY DON'T HAVE TO PLAY TEXAS OR OKLAHOMA?!?!?! WTF?!

KU always plays us tough, but we should be able to win with the talent we have now. Most of the reason they play us tough is that they can stop the run and force us to pass, before this year that was a problem because when we can't run we usually didn't pass well due to the O-Line, however we now have a much improved O-Line and a QB that can spread the D out a lot more so they can't just cover the short stuff and play deep zone all day long. Also KU doesn't exactly have MU at home, they are playing their game at Arrowhead this year.

OU has a good shot, if they can beat Texas they have a legit shot to go undefeated in conference season play. Same can be said for TU, if they win the RRS and beat us in their house they could go undefeated, they both could also end up with 3-4 losses if OU doesn't find a QB and Texas can't find a secondary.

I live way down south on the Oklahoma/Kansas state line, so as you can imagine I'm in Sooner Country. I've talked to some guys that have drove down and watched some practices and they are saying (along with the coaches on the OU staff) that this 2007 defense Oklahoma has is by far the fastest, nastiest, and hardest hitting defense Stoops has had! All they need is a QB that can manage the game and they will be fine. So, with that said I believe the Sooners will capture the South again and meet the Huskers again for the title. I think Cally has the talent in place to win this thing THIS YEAR. As far as Kansas - No way! Again, down here in Kansas I read up on them and they are not as talented as the past couple years. There is a possibilty of starting this Salina, KS kid at RB. He's pretty fast but, my goodness he's only 5'10 and weighs 185 lbs. Also, the QB name escapes me but I saw a picture of him in the Wichita Eagle yesterday and honestly he's 5'10 and 185 lbs that Mangino says is "athletic and is improving as a thrower". Not good. The sports talk radio shows were also talking about the QB's size and how the talent seems to be down. So this ESPN dude picking the Jayhawks is an absolute joke! It's Huskers and Sooners........again. :bonez