Practice Canceled

The team was given the day off after all the heat and hard work. Hard to believe this would have already have been practice number 21!

This was probably a good idea, need to keep the guys healthy :box

Exactly. This is about the point when the legs start feeling like lead - and that's when freaky injuries can occur.

The team was given the day off after all the heat and hard work. Hard to believe this would have already have been practice number 21!

Exactly. This is about the point when the legs start feeling like lead - and that's when freaky injuries can occur.

I'm not sure what the humidity is like in Lincoln, but since Des Moines is only about 2 1/2 hours away from Lincoln I'm going to assume it's the same. I ran about a mile and 1/2 today and it felt like I was breathing water!!!! It would be harder than hell to do practices this many days in a row with this heat!!!! A local high school team here in the area is doing their practices at night for a little while to get a break from the heat. Maybe the skers should do the same???

I'm not sure what the humidity is like in Lincoln, but since Des Moines is only about 2 1/2 hours away from Lincoln I'm going to assume it's the same. I ran about a mile and 1/2 today and it felt like I was breathing water!!!! It would be harder than hell to do practices this many days in a row with this heat!!!! A local high school team here in the area is doing their practices at night for a little while to get a break from the heat. Maybe the skers should do the same???

or go inside? or are they already?

Just a balmy 107 here today but only 28% rel. hum. FREAKIN HOT THOUGH

Maybe USC will continue to practice and . . . . .nah it isn't as hot in LA compared to this desert area 90 mi. east.

I do not miss the humidity much. I still remember baseball practice wearing those really hot thick jerseys and shuttle runs DAMN that was in Lincoln and Waverly. in the day Vote for Sen. George McGovern. :rollin

Just a balmy 107 here today but only 28% rel. hum. FREAKIN HOT THOUGH

Maybe USC will continue to practice and . . . . .nah it isn't as hot in LA compared to this desert area 90 mi. east.

I do not miss the humidity much. I still remember baseball practice wearing those really hot thick jerseys and shuttle runs DAMN that was in Lincoln and Waverly. in the day Vote for Sen. George McGovern. :rollin

How in Thee Hale is it 107 in SoCal? Any smog alerts going on (2nd, 3rd stage)? Brutal...

Double post - Sorry! But I have to agree completely with AR here....