A complete meltdown

Redout

They really did love bo and wanted bo

Thank you.

File this in the coulda, woulda, shoulda department, but I miss Bo now more than ever. We might be in the same state now with Bo at the helm, but I believe they would be playing harder than they are.

I know Callahan is the "big name", but I'd rather have a guy that the kids will play hard for.

*waits for the roar of ALL THE COACHES SUCK AND I KNOW THAT IF WE GET NEW COACHES EVERYTHING WIL BE FIXED INSTANTLY!!! from the Husker faithful*

Well, are you happy with the way the seasons going so far. Are you ecstatic that Callahan's at the helm. Are you happy that we're barely beating Kansas, then getting taken to the woodshed by K State and Tex Tech?

Bill Callahan is Yoko Ono...

Well, are you happy with the way the seasons going so far.  Are you ecstatic that Callahan's at the helm.  Are you happy that we're barely beating Kansas, then getting taken to the woodshed by K State and Tex Tech?

No, but I am willing to understand that this is 1 year. Anyone thinking that Callahan could come in with players that were not recruited to run his offense and come out with an undefeated season.

No I am not happy, but I am not stubborn and spoiled. I will agree with you in three to four years if nothing has changed.

They really did love bo and wanted bo

Thank you.

File this in the coulda, woulda, shoulda department, but I miss Bo now more than ever. We might be in the same state now with Bo at the helm, but I believe they would be playing harder than they are.

I know Callahan is the "big name", but I'd rather have a guy that the kids will play hard for.

*waits for the roar of ALL THE COACHES SUCK AND I KNOW THAT IF WE GET NEW COACHES EVERYTHING WIL BE FIXED INSTANTLY!!! from the Husker faithful*

Well, are you happy with the way the seasons going so far. Are you ecstatic that Callahan's at the helm. Are you happy that we're barely beating Kansas, then getting taken to the woodshed by K State and Tex Tech?

I'd bet alot of money we would be undefeated right now with bo or solich. We have more talent then anyone we have played yet and I know they would have played at a higher level then they are now. Even against kstate on the callahan show, everytime we ran smashmouth are line blew them off the ball.

It's hard to say we would be undefeated up to now if Solich or Pelini were the coach because we all must remember Dailey for all practical matters had little to no experience coming in this year just like Lord 2 years ago. Would he have been beaten as badly by Tech with either one of them? No way.

The KState game would have been a lot closer, and yes I think we win this one with Bo or Frank. We definitely would have won the Southern Miss game with them. However, I don't know about Tech. Dailey was going to make mistakes this year no matter what offense we run. Our defense I would hope would be a lot better under Bo or Frank, but our offense I believe still would have sputtered. Would we be turning the ball over like we are this year? Probably not, but we have fumbled quite a bit this year as well.

Lord struggled his first year starting. Crouch struggled his first year starting. Frost to some extent struggled his first year starting. And Frazier to some extent struggled his first year starting. Would we have won a national championship this year with Bo or Frank? No! Would we have won the North in the Big 12? Probably. I think the 2005 season would have been a very good season and potential title run if Bo or Frank were at the helm. I don't see a title run in 2005 with the current staff due mostly to all the changes. If and it's a big if at this point in time we are to have a title run, it probably won't be for another 3 years as the recruits Callahan is getting become redshirt sophomores and juniors.

I don't know if we would of contended for the national title in 2005. Looking at our line, we are very thin, and the line is one of the most important parts at running the football. Plus, our linebackers would be pretty much new ones. Bradley and lil Rudd would be the only ones back and neither is spectacular.

What did Pelini or Solich show last year that makes you think we would be undefeated right now? Pelini showed last year that his defenses couldn't handle a quarterback who could move. The cupbard is bare talent wise and there is nobody to think for that but good ole Solich. His first year with just his recruits we went 7-7 and last year we didn't beat anybody we weren't supposed to. I don't think we would of lost to S. Miss but the other two I think would of went down a loses. Tech would of been closer but I don't think K-State would of been. Who cares anyway Super Bo :wacko: isn't coming back and Solich is the reason NOBODY is affraid of the Big Red anymore. Solich had how many years and never got better. Give the current staff at least a couple years before you start calling for their jobs.

Using that psychology, T.O. should have been fired in the mid-70's. We came off winning a couple of National Championships when T.O. took over the program. It took him 18 and I repeat 18 years to win one. In his first five years, the talent dropped off and we weren't as good. If you think giving someone 5 years is long enough especially considering he did play for a National Championship one of those 5 years, then why do we have to give Callahan much time to show his stuff? I for one can tell you that I got frustrated just as much if not more with T.O. than I did with Solich. I mean at one time T.O. was 8 for 11 in bowl games. That's 8 losses in 11 bowl games. In the mid to late 80's through the early 90's we were a joke in post season play. Combine that with weak non-conference opponents and weak conference opponents, we just weren't very good then. However, we continued to give him a chance and he succeeded. What did we give Solich? Nothing! What should we give Callahan? Two years is it! And year number 1 is sh#t so far.

Earlier, I started a thread believing we would win 6 games. After the last 3 weeks, I believe this is nearly impossible. Iowa State is the only one left on the schedule that is a W in my opinion. Colorado is playing much better, OU was an L from day 1 as was Mizzou. At least when Solich was the coach, we did show some improvement throughout the year. Even in the 7-7 season, we were a much better team at the end of the season than at the beginning. This year we appear to be getting worse. I don't see any improvement in this team what so ever. The most troubling thing is the fact that I can see these guys giving up. We gave up against TT, and we gave up against KState. We were in both of these games at halftime only to give up late in the third quarter.

08/24 Arizona St. Lincoln W 48-10 10/ 77,779

08/31 Troy St. Lincoln W 31-16 9/ 77,831

09/07 Utah St. Lincoln W 44-13 9/ 78,176

09/14 Penn St. State College L 7-40 8/ 110,753

09/28 #Iowa St. Ames L 14-36 20/19 51,888

10/05 McNeese St. Lincoln W 38-14 77,192

10/12 #Missouri Lincoln W 24-13 78,014

10/19 #Oklahoma St. Stillwater L 21-24 45,017

10/26 #Texas A&M College Sta. W 38-31 81,054

11/02 #Texas Lincoln L 24-27 /7 78,268

11/09 #Kansas Lincoln W 45- 7 77,351

11/16 #Kansas St. Manhattan L 13-49 /11 52,221

11/29 #Colorado Lincoln L 13-28 /13 77,804

12/27 *Ole Miss Shreveport L 23-27 / 46,096

Tell me what part of losing 5 of 7 is playing better. The only reason there is still a run of winning seasons going is because of 5 nonconference games. Like I said this was the first Solich only class and what happened. The only reason Solich built up any wins at all was because of TO's left overs. We will see how good Solich is when(if) he ever gets another head gig. Didn't people say last year after the Texas game that it looked like the players gave up.

It's true they lost 5 of 7, but you know they played better at the end of the season. Besides the Kansas St. debacle every other game should have been a W. Especially the Texas and Miss. St. Games.

And yes, we would definitely be undefeated with Solich this year. Don't blame all these losses on a lack of talent. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think we've ever had vastly superior talent at Nebraska. Yes, Osbourne change his recruiting philosophy in the early 90s to go get speed after getting shelled by the Florida schools so many years in a row. But even in the championship years of the 90s, those schools still outclassed us in pure talent. That can be seen by how many players they sent to the NFL compared to us. It was always the SYSTEM that leveled the playing field for us. The power option takes the talented football players that other schools might not want as much and turns them into stars at the college level.

Our problem is that decades of tradition (and I don't mean just the offense) were tossed out the window by Peterson because he wanted it to be his show. And while I don't despise Callahan nearly as much as I do Peterson, he has shown himself arrogant and impatient in insisting on an immediate change-over to his system when everyone on the planet knows he doesn't have the personell to pull it off yet. Dailey showed flashes of brilliance as an option QB in relief of Lord. I actually wished Solich would have played him all last year. So the point is, strap yourselves in because we're the new Notre Dame. People will pay attention to us because of 'past tradition', but we'll only have a great team every once in a while because everyone knows that PAST is the key word in that phrase.

I don't know if we would of contended for the national title in 2005. Looking at our line, we are very thin, and the line is one of the most important parts at running the football. Plus, our linebackers would be pretty much new ones. Bradley and lil Rudd would be the only ones back and neither is spectacular.

I think dailey would have been wonderful in the old offense and confident compared to this offense where he has little confidence. I think our oline has dominated every team running the ball so far, but callahan doesn't want to go man on man and consitently run it down their throat. I think people don't realize that we miss richie to as a leader and a fire ball, we don't have that now.

I still haven't seen a reason why Solich would of beat K-State this year. He had such a good record against them I'm sure he would of found away to win.

Why wouldn't he have beaten them? ksu is not good this year at all. They had 2 wins. Our defense would be one of the best in the nation again with pelini and are offense would be more balanced then last year. We would have been tough tough.

You make some interesting points, Utah. I don't know if we had a lot of highly ranked talent but we were able to get guys that florished in the system that was in place. TO was obviously very good at that. I think that is one of the many differences now.

I don't really care for Pedersen either, mainly for the way the whole Solich situation was done. That, and as a friend of mine put it he sucks the big money **** better than Byrne did. :) Callahan, on the other hand was brought here to do a job. That is to implement a his game on both sides of the ball. Considering that I don't see how he could have come here and tried to run a team with a system that he has no knowledge of. In my mind he has to start to make the changes this year with team he has. Otherwise, when do you start implementing? When every single recruit is Callahan's? That's at least 3 to 4 years away. Do you force a head coach to use an offense and defense he isn't familiar with? No way. I would find it hard to believe a coach would come to a school and do that.

It does really suck for the players in my opinion because of all the crap they have had to go through at the end of last year.

I said in January and I wil say it again.Nothing, I mean nothing like this has ever happened at Nebraska. People are quick to condem the new staff because no one likes change. So much so that they, some fans, are not going to give anyone new any time to make anything happen. When in reality, it is going to take more than a year with the changes that are being put in place. I my mind it is way to early to be saying that we are the next Notre Dame. Hopefully, a new era and new traditions are on the horizon. As of now, the option is a thing of the past as far as NU is concerned. It may be back, who knows..

If it doesn't work out in 3 or 4 years then yea, we need to do something else. But until then, I have hopes that we will be on top again. Sooner than later hopefully.

Sorry if that was a bit long Benard. ;) jk

Oh yea, and welcome to the board. :)

GBR!!!