Out of State Husker Fans..?

gin_32

I've been reading articles and messages from AZ, CA, Minnesota and even from the state of Maine that they are Husker Fans. Even Colorado has it's fair share of Huskers Fans. I know there are Georgians for Nebraska.

I guess what I'm asking from you fans, that live outside of Nebraska, who do you believe is the biggest fan base of Husker football? With Nevada coming to Lincoln, and since that this week is sincerely going slowering than usual, I think it's a good way to past time.

Just Say where you are from and when you first became a husker fan......

I've been reading articles and messages from AZ, CA, Minnesota and even from the state of Maine that they are Husker Fans. Even Colorado has it's fair share of Huskers Fans. I know there are Georgians for Nebraska.

I guess what I'm asking from you fans, that live outside of Nebraska, who do you believe is the biggest fan base of Husker football? With Nevada coming to Lincoln, and since that this week is sincerely going slowering than usual, I think it's a good way to past time.

Just Say where you are from and when you first became a husker fan......

The best fans or alumni groups?

North Texas and So Cal are quite strong

From Nebraska, living in Oregon.

I always wear husker stuff. I was supprised at how many husker fans just walk up and talk NU with me.

And, I've been a husker fan since my mom put me in front of the TV at 2 years old to keep me calm. Nobody needs that gay swing. BTW i was 2 MANY moons ago.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

it's gotta be colorado. it's closest to Nebraska, it's right down the interstate, we own the buffs, i see so much Husker gear out here it's not even funny.

i was working out at my the gym the other day and this really old lady was taking the tour to maybe join. and she came over and talked to me for 25 minutes about being from Nebraska and how she just loves it out here ever since her husband died and she moved to denver because she has met so many people from the Great State, and they're so easy to talk to cuz we all have the Cornhuskers in common. all because i was wearing my red hat with N.

i have lived in Kansas, colorado and am from Nebraska. i lived in chicago for a 1.5 years and travel to NYC in the fall every year. i am also in dallas once a week almost and atlanta quite a bit. (i travel for work) the most Husker fans i see are in Colorado. but that's just my experience.

it's gotta be colorado. it's closest to Nebraska, it's right down the interstate, we own the buffs, i see so much Husker gear out here it's not even funny.

i was working out at my the gym the other day and this really old lady was taking the tour to maybe join. and she came over and talked to me for 25 minutes about being from Nebraska and how she just loves it out here ever since her husband died and she moved to denver because she has met so many people from the Great State, and they're so easy to talk to cuz we all have the Cornhuskers in common. all because i was wearing my red hat with N.

i have lived in Kansas, colorado and am from Nebraska. i lived in chicago for a 1.5 years and travel to NYC in the fall every year. i am also in dallas once a week almost and atlanta quite a bit. (i travel for work) the most Husker fans i see are in Colorado. but that's just my experience.

Do you ever feel like Abraham's cousin Lot living in Sodom and Gomorah?? :lol:

I say the #1 Husker fan club outside of the state isn't in one particular place, but has one thing in common - they wear the military uniform of the United States. Not just on any given Saturday (or Sunday, depending on what weird time zone you are in), but 24/7, 365 they represent the best the state has to offer, and bleed Scarlet and Cream.

After leaving Benkelman HS (now Dundy County-Stratton) and going straight into the Navy, I either formed or joined mini Husker fan clubs in Maryland, West Texas, Cyprus, Spain, Greece, Crete, Scotland, Lebanon, Iraq, and Egypt, and on numerous afloat mini-cities. I remember getting special permission to keep the base club in Spain open late on 1/1/84 to watch Tom go for two and the outright championship. I hated sub duty during football season because we were sooo out of touch, but the weekly "fam-gram" from the wife would always included the last score. Surface ships weren't so bad, and being in communications, I had access to fellow fans ashore who sometimes could pipe the audio to us, or send us semi-current game play updates over different comms systems.

That is how C.R.A.B.S. began in the mid-90s when I relocated to Maryland, and began running into other military folks from Nebraska, and even some who weren't but had been stationed at Offutt and it had all rubbed off on them. We now have over 50 members on our roster. Some are retired and decided to stay in this area, like me; some are still wearing the uniform locally, and some are overseas and on ships worldwide. In today's world of real-time communications, I can send out an announcement about an upcoming game watch party and get a "have a good time" answer back from a member on an aircraft carrier the next day.

So while I envy you in large fan base locations like SoCal, my vote for the largest Husker fan base outside the state goes to our military forces worldwide.

I don't know much about many other state's fans, but CO is pretty huge. My GF is from CO and we went up to Estes Park last summer and there are 2 strictly Husker stores there. Jesse Kosch actually is the owner of one of them. I would suggest going up there if you have the chance. Jesse will have plenty of Husker football to talk about (mainly about himself). The cool thing about that town is with 2 Huskers shops, they don't even have a strictly Buffs, RAMS, or even BRONCOS store. Thought that was pretty sweet.