Firing Callahan is a joke

Hey I BLEED RED,

What is it exactly that you're going to do to hold Coach Callahan accountable? Have you seen the schedule this year? You're a typical keyboard warrior. What is your idea for gameplanning for each opponent?

Anything short of 10 wins huh? I'd love to get 10 wins with this schedule, so would most husker fans. Is there a season in which we haven't seen improvement during coach's regime? You're a typical pile, giving coaches a slingshot leash, and expecting national championships overnight. Let me hear your recruiting & coaching philosophy considering the mess Coach stepped into.

Sorry Mods, this has obviously been beaten to death. Bring your A-game in this argument "I BLEED RED", there are coaches reading this board. You're a typical armchair qb, lynch em' quick. Ask Josh Williams, he's played for me. Think recruits love threads like this?

Hey I BLEED RED,

What is it exactly that you're going to do to hold Coach Callahan accountable? Have you seen the schedule this year? You're a typical keyboard warrior. What is your idea for gameplanning for each opponent?

Anything short of 10 wins huh? I'd love to get 10 wins with this schedule, so would most husker fans. Is there a season in which we haven't seen improvement during coach's regime? You're a typical pile, giving coaches a slingshot leash, and expecting national championships overnight. Let me hear your recruiting & coaching philosophy considering the mess Coach stepped into.

Bring your A-game in this argument "I BLEED RED", there are coaches reading this board. I will bury you.

Don't hold back man, tell us how you really feel! :sarcasm

As a Mod we are responsible for maintaining the board within the rules. I don't necessarily agree with all the posts on every thread but "variety is the spice of life" so to speak.

Now that the season is upon us I think the board will be more closely scrutinized and threads that are more argumentative in nature may start being moved to the BS lounge or the woodshed or the junkyard. The Mods and Admin will use their judgment at their discretion as necessary.

Please heed the rules and enjoy the season.

GBR

As a Mod we are responsible for maintaining the board within the rules. I don't necessarily agree with all the posts on every thread but "variety is the spice of life" so to speak.

Now that the season is upon us I think the board will be more closely scrutinized and threads that are more argumentative in nature may start being moved to the BS lounge or the woodshed or the junkyard. The Mods and Admin will use their judgment at their discretion as necessary.

Please heed the rules and enjoy the season.

GBR

I think it's going to be a busy one for ya rawhide. <_<

Hey I BLEED RED,

Sorry Mods, this has obviously been beaten to death. Bring your A-game in this argument "I BLEED RED", there are coaches reading this board. You're a typical armchair qb, lynch em' quick. Ask Josh Williams, he's played for me. Think recruits love threads like this?

i agree :clap:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:box:box:corndance:corndance:corndance

10 wins means we win a bowl game and lose 3 games. Please explain why you feel we would have 4 or 5 losses? Our schedule has 2 top 20 teams. We are ranked higher than every other opponenet. Are you saying we are over rated?

Here is our

Shedule and Power Rankings of each team Nebraska-20

Nevada 50

Wake Forest 34

USC 1

Ball St 74

Iowa St 66

Missouri 26

OK St 54

Texas A&M 25

Texas 4

Kansas 55

Kansas St 58

Colorado 76

We have 2 very tough games and 2 tough tests against Missouri and A&M. If we split those and win the bowl game we are at 10 wins. The rest of the games are easy.

Please tell me why we shouldn't expect to win 10?

Please tell me why we shouldn't expect to win 10?

Expecting to win 10 games is one thing, believing the coach should be fired because he doesn't reach that expectation is another. I would agree, that if we only win 8-9 games and the losses are unequivocated blow-outs (see 2003) changes (perhaps not Callahan, but big changes) need to be made. However, I just don't see that happening. Progress is being made, hell we had the highest offensive output since Eric Crouch was our QB, I'd say thing are heading in the right direction.

Bring your A-game in this argument "I BLEED RED", there are coaches reading this board. You're a typical armchair qb, lynch em' quick. Ask Josh Williams, he's played for me. Think recruits love threads like this?

I know this thread is a bit old, but as I recall the site I Bleed Red linked to was pleasefirecallahan.com or something like that. There was 5 reasons on that site to fire Callahan.

5. Harrison Beck - YES I am still mad!

-You have got to be kidding me, Harrison Beck was nothing more then a whining cry baby who expected the starting job to be handed to him because of his hype. I am glad he is gone, I see he is now the new starting QB at NCSU but found it interesting that he could not win the starting job coming out of camp.

4. Avg 1.9yds per rush against USC and still only attempted 17 passes

What idiot judges a coach off of one game against one of the top teams in the nation? Sorry, I love the Huskers but we were not ready to beat USC at USC last year. Doing his best to keep that offense off the field was a good strategy.

3. ZERO wins vs. Oklahoma...not acceptable

HMMM, let's see zero wins against an established program while taking over an option attack program trying to install the ever complicated West Coast Offense. I guess we are supposed to be undefeated in those circumstances?

2. 2007 Cotton Bowl. Ran a draw then punted instead of attempting a pass and a field goal. Seriously?

I can't believe there are still whiners about this. If the fake punt works I believe Nebraska wins that game and then Callahan would be the hero to these fair weather fans who apparently don't understand anything about football other then the score.

1. He's Bill Callahan

This one sums it all up, nothing more then Callahan haters who can't get over that Solich is out and Callahan is here.

Of course not to mention that this site actually takes winning percentages of the coaches before Callahan and compares them, which shows this sites owner is completely clueless on what Callahan was brought in to do. If this is the site that I Bleed Red was pimping in that thread then his argument is anything but A-game. I would say this site along with the ridiculous 10 win argument says that his F-game is what he brought at best.

Hey I BLEED RED,

Anything short of 10 wins huh? I'd love to get 10 wins with this schedule, so would most husker fans.

Ten wins is something Husker fans haven't seen since the Solich days. Lets hope we can produce it this year.

You're a typical pile, giving coaches a slingshot leash, and expecting national championships overnight.

We are in year 4 now. It's time to see some results in the W column.