Keller Debut

BTW..Anybody know if QB's are allowed to use shaded eye shields? so DB/LB's can't watch their eyes?

You watch the head. If their eyes can scan the receivers without the slightest head movement then they deserve to tear up the defense

Did you hear the commentators talking about how Keller had stayed after practice and tried to throw a ball out of the stadium? :P

Yes. In the slight chance that i'm ever on the field in a huge stadium in my life, im trying that with a baseball

BTW..Anybody know if QB's are allowed to use shaded eye shields? so DB/LB's can't watch their eyes?

You watch the head. If their eyes can scan the receivers without the slightest head movement then they deserve to tear up the defense

Did you hear the commentators talking about how Keller had stayed after practice and tried to throw a ball out of the stadium? :P

Yes. In the slight chance that i'm ever on the field in a huge stadium in my life, im trying that with a baseball

Keller was a beast at ASU. Taylor was nice, but I think Keller could take us all the way. Think about how many passes they dropped on him yesterday, including a easy TD. His numbers would have been much better, had the receivers caught the passes they were supposed to catch.

Think what must be running through Keller's mind though. He came to NU to play one year and hope to get into the NFL. We played probably the weakest (patsy) on our schedule, and he had less than impressive numbers. He throws one interception, and his HC doesn't call a passing play for it seems like a millennium. Receivers that he's stuck with for the rest of the year (Hardy and Nunn) completely dick him out of some completions. I do wonder what was going through his mind especially today after he had some time to reflect.

I think I read statistically where NU ran the ball like 70 times yesterday. We didn't see any option, but the game sure did look like games 5 to 10 years ago. Considering Glenn played and it seems like we have an abundance of running backs, can we please move Culbert back to DB? It seems like such a waste to have him ride the pine behind 4 other running backs.

I was pretty disappointed in the D Line. We only recorded one sack for a 9 yard loss the entire game against Nevada, and it didn't come until the 3rd quarter. If we don't start putting some pressure on the QB, Booty will pick us apart.

I know Keller started out a bit sketchy, but he sure looked better as the game moved on. This guy is going to take us to the next level. What we saw today was a rusty Keller that hasn't played ball in a real game since 2005.

It sure looked like the problems we had scoring in the third quarter last season are now gone.

Absolutely. We got ourselves a QB! 14/25 with a TD (and a pick) isn't too shabby following a 18 month layoff. Prolly shoulda been 17/25--a couple of those drops were embarrassingly easy catches.

Ok, I know that I am going to get a lot of flack over this; however, I truly believe, that Keller is going to be a much better QB than Z. Taylor.

After he got settled, he was very poised, made good decisions and no afraid to get out of the pocket or just stay in the pocket and take a shot when needed.

This is my opinion, but would love to hear some of your comments on this as well.

Hard to compare two players unless they are on the same team competing against each other. They are clearly different. I think the point you're making though is that Keller can help the team achieve the next level--help win the big game. If so, I think you're right. First, though, BC needs to balance the attach. Hard for a QB to have a large impact in a run oriented offence. Also hard to work off the rust and get your timing down when virtually all you do is hand the ball off. Balance is what the WCO is all about. We've got the beef--where's the balance? Let's hope it shows up at Wake Forest. After that, it may be too late to try to find it.

Think what must be running through Keller's mind though. He came to NU to play one year and hope to get into the NFL. We played probably the weakest (patsy) on our schedule, and he had less than impressive numbers. He throws one interception, and his HC doesn't call a passing play for it seems like a millennium. Receivers that he's stuck with for the rest of the year (Hardy and Nunn) completely dick him out of some completions. I do wonder what was going through his mind especially today after he had some time to reflect.

I think I read statistically where NU ran the ball like 70 times yesterday. We didn't see any option, but the game sure did look like games 5 to 10 years ago. Considering Glenn played and it seems like we have an abundance of running backs, can we please move Culbert back to DB? It seems like such a waste to have him ride the pine behind 4 other running backs.

I was pretty disappointed in the D Line. We only recorded one sack for a 9 yard loss the entire game against Nevada, and it didn't come until the 3rd quarter. If we don't start putting some pressure on the QB, Booty will pick us apart.

You didn't see any Option? ;)

But I agree, somehow, someway, these receivers have got to start catching passes. NU rushes 70 times vs. USC and we'll lose by 4 TD's

Taylor was a very good QB for us last year but he isn't even in the same class as Keller. Keller is a top 10 passing QB and will get a shot at the league next year. The question is will we need to rely on Keller as much as we thought? If the running game will Lucky and Castille can be solid Keller's numbers may suffer but he will be a better leader and make better decisions than Taylor.

Keller's worst day=Taylor's best day.

Junior,

I think the d-line performed well. They stopped the run and the blitzing lb's rushed the passer. That was the plan. Second, Keller knew he had a limited roll and he will give the recievers hell about the drops but I think they were just trying to establish the run this game because they needed to find out what they had with lucky and the o-line. Keller will be critical against Wake.