You have to agree with me.

HuskerT

unfortunately, you gotta believe we are playing the top receivers now.

we can only hope that Purify makes good and someone steps up during the season. right now a dull old "possession" type receiver would be welcome on the field, as you can't break a big one if you can't catch the ball first.

Amen, brother!

I have been thinking this for awhile now. He is over rated, he is just an average receiver. he runs decent routes, seems to get open but he has consistently dropped balls every season that most "good" receivers would hold on to. He is out there to CATCH balls....lets rotate some other receivers in there and give them their chances. whats the worst they can do? drop a ball or two?

I have been thinking this for awhile now. He is over rated, he is just an average receiver. he runs decent routes, seems to get open but he has consistently dropped balls every season that most "good" receivers would hold on to. He is out there to CATCH balls....lets rotate some other receivers in there and give them their chances. whats the worst they can do? drop a ball or two?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who can see the obvious. I was beginning to wonder!

as west coast receiver he doesn't have to be the

1. fastest

2. tallest

3. most athletic

but you have to

1. have great hands

2. great routes

3. smart

4 have great hands

why this criterion? because it's timing(routes), reading coverages(smart), and clock mangement(great hands), and possesion(great hands).

i just think nunn doesnt' have great hands. he's pretty good, but not great.

When I saw the bold yet nondescript subject header my first inclination was to be defiant and respond "Now why would I want to..." Then I saw my Holy Grail red letter topic and had to agree. I think it would be an aberration if Nunn unseated Johnny Rodgers for the receptions record. Yet I also know my crusade will likely be as successful as the 4 the Christians waged against the Muslims. I've had issues with Nunn since year one and after year two railed that he suffered from aligator-arm-itis. In year three he made some improvement on that. The World Herald did a big write up how Nunn spent hours in the film room breaking down every aspect. That shows he's a student of the game. I'll grant that he has above average ability. Yet he is not consistant. Unfortunately dropped passes is not a stat they keep track of officially but I'm sure those numbers are out there. I hope the younger receivers quickly step up and progressively take playing time away from Nunn.

When I saw the bold yet nondescript subject header my first inclination was to be defiant and respond "Now why would I want to..." Then I saw my Holy Grail red letter topic and had to agree. I think it would be an aberration if Nunn unseated Johnny Rodgers for the receptions record. Yet I also know my crusade will likely be as successful as the 4 the Christians waged against the Muslims. I've had issues with Nunn since year one and after year two railed that he suffered from aligator-arm-itis. In year three he made some improvement on that. The World Herald did a big write up how Nunn spent hours in the film room breaking down every aspect. That shows he's a student of the game. I'll grant that he has above average ability. Yet he is not consistant. Unfortunately dropped passes is not a stat they keep track of officially but I'm sure those numbers are out there. I hope the younger receivers quickly step up and progressively take playing time away from Nunn.

In all honesty the only thing that's consistent about Nunn is the dropped passes. You can always count on him for a few a game! I hate to say it, but he's one of those players that you can't wait for him to graduate. He was tolerable during our rebuilding and offensive conversion phase, but that is done now, we have a big time QB with the O-line to protect him and a hell of a running game. This team deserves better!

I also can't wait for him to graduate. He runs decent routes.. and gets alot of balls thrown to him. That's the only reason he has the stats. Putting his name anywhere near Johnny "the jet" makes me cringe. I would not call him a student of the game. A student of the game doesn't call fair catch and then try to run. A student of the game holds on to a ball he just caught with two hands after making a first down, enabling this team to run out the clock against Texas. He hasn't learned if four years how to tuck the ball away. They should do what my high school coach did, make him carry a ball around all day.. to class, everywhere. If anyone sees him, try to knock it out of his hands. He drops it, he runs.

I also can't wait for him to graduate. He runs decent routes.. and gets alot of balls thrown to him. That's the only reason he has the stats. Putting his name anywhere near Johnny "the jet" makes me cringe. I would not call him a student of the game. A student of the game doesn't call fair catch and then try to run. A student of the game holds on to a ball he just caught with two hands after making a first down, enabling this team to run out the clock against Texas. He hasn't learned if four years how to tuck the ball away. They should do what my high school coach did, make him carry a ball around all day.. to class, everywhere. If anyone sees him, try to knock it out of his hands. He drops it, he runs.

I grew up on Johnny the jet and Nunn is NO Johnny the jet. Every time JR touched the ball you'd get excited cuz there was a good chance it was going to be something special. Every time TN gets near the ball I have an anxiety attack. You never know if it's going to be great or a disaster.