Bowman and Murillo

skersOVRsc

How long, if ever, will it be untill these two are the starting corners? Does it seem like a strange coincidence to any one else that Bowman is backing up Grixby? Seems like a setup for Grixby an Jones to be fighting for the nickle spot. Not trying to bash Grixby, just think it looks like a strong possibility. Thoughts?

How long, if ever, will it be untill these two are the starting corners? Does it seem like a strange coincidence to any one else that Bowman is backing up Grixby? Seems like a setup for Grixby an Jones to be fighting for the nickle spot. Not trying to bash Grixby, just think it looks like a strong possibility. Thoughts?

I think it's inevitable. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but did Jones play yesterday? If he did than he was really insignificant. I'll re watch the game tonight to make sure.

I think it's inevitable. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but did Jones play yesterday? If he did than he was really insignificant. I'll re watch the game tonight to make sure.

I'm pretty sure Jones played.

The way the coaches were subbing them all in through out the game, it might not matter who is starting. I just like the fact that we can keep the corners fresh with the depth we have. Probably be a few more games til you see Bowman on the field for a majority of the snaps.

The way the coaches were subbing them all in through out the game, it might not matter who is starting. I just like the fact that we can keep the corners fresh with the depth we have. Probably be a few more games til you see Bowman on the field for a majority of the snaps.

Bowman is not healthy. He won't be at 100% anytime this season.

Really? He himself said he was 90% last week and he looked pretty good out there to me... no limp at all on the safety blitz and didn't look tentative when making contact either.

Murillo looked pretty good considering it was his first game, much better than Dre and Bowman in their first games. If Bowman can go he starts, Grix will be a great nickelback and hopefully it will allow him to be fresher for the return game, Dre may end up a backup if he doesn't step it up and may not even be the dime back if Blue is as good as advertised.

I think there will be a steady rotation of the corners this year. As Bowman gets more up to speed, he will probally get more reps and play probally the most out of everyone. I think the other three will probally get about even reps unless one pulls way ahead or falls way behind.

He's not a safety! He is supposed to be a "lock down" corner. He is supposed to hold Turner, Sweed, Kelly and allow the others to concentrate of the rush and stopping the run. He is not that type of healthy and won't be that way this season.

Bowman is almost there. I personally think that he needs a bit more time. I say that by the USC game he will be getting quite a few reps. The one thing that worried me is that I distinctly remember on a couple of plays when he could of been in on the tackle he didn't wrap up and he had his head looking down, he just kind of lunged at them.

Considering that Murillo looked the shakiest of the 4, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Really? He himself said he was 90% last week and he looked pretty good out there to me... no limp at all on the safety blitz and didn't look tentative when making contact either.

Murillo looked pretty good considering it was his first game, much better than Dre and Bowman in their first games. If Bowman can go he starts, Grix will be a great nickelback and hopefully it will allow him to be fresher for the return game, Dre may end up a backup if he doesn't step it up and may not even be the dime back if Blue is as good as advertised.

:yeah

I think there will be a steady rotation of the corners this year. As Bowman gets more up to speed, he will probally get more reps and play probally the most out of everyone. I think the other three will probally get about even reps unless one pulls way ahead or falls way behind.

He's not a safety! He is supposed to be a "lock down" corner. He is supposed to hold Turner, Sweed, Kelly and allow the others to concentrate of the rush and stopping the run. He is not that type of healthy and won't be that way this season.

Who said anything about him being a safety?

O,h and Jones played well but you dont get your name called as a DB if the WRs drop every pass that comes their way. Just Sayin...

Bowman is not healthy. He won't be at 100% anytime this season.

Thanks, doctor rkhufu7, for that update. Although Bowman might not be 100% right now, I'm pretty sure your posting ability is quite a ways from that also.

Considering that Murillo looked the shakiest of the 4, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah, I agree...the 'Left Cornerback' sport sould end up being the weak part of this defense. Murillo really wasn't sharp, and the fact alone that he beat out Jones for the start is troublesome at best. It didn't matter too much vs. Nevada, but the next couple of weeks could see this become a problem. It only takes one question mark to develop into an opponent's perfect game plan...time for NU to shore this up quick, if possible.