Is Terrence Nunn the most frustrating player on the team?

jrggvlynr

I agree that he is underachieving, but he still regarded as one of our go-to-guys. That's why I think he is overrated. Its tough to blame coaches for dropped balls. Receiving drills, repetition, reminding them to look the ball into their hands... that's about all a coach can do with a receiver dropping balls. Its up to the receiver to make the catch. Plus, this isn't high-school ball... I think practice time is better suited towards learning routes, recognizing coverages, timing, etc.. I'm sure every receiver catches at least 50 balls a day in practice, without specific catching drills.

With Nunn, I'm more worried about what he does after he catches the ball.. like, um.. Fumble!!

I'm sure that's the problem, he probably looks real good at practice and catches everything thrown at him, but when he gets in the game everything changes. The guy is a senior now, when do we stop calling him underachieving and start realizing that he just can't catch.

He can be frustrating, yes. But he still led the team in receptions last year.

somebody had to.

and somebody also had to lead the team in drops.... hmm?

It's getting extremely frustrating. We are supposed to be one of the elite teams in the nation, and we're using the west coast offense....if you are a D-I scholarship WR at this level, you should at least be able to consistently catch the ball.

Also this whole "well if he is starting, he is the best we have" excuse.....he might have an understanding of the game better than the younger guys, but if Nunn has better hands than all of them.....we are in trouble. If he is dropping balls like that on into the year we have to start getting some of the younger guys reps, those drops could end up costing us a game.

that being said, Nunn may have had an off week, and he may come out and catch everything he gets his hands on from here on out. But if he doesn't at least start to catch the majority of the footballs hitting him in the hands then we need to find someone who will.

He can be frustrating, yes. But he still led the team in receptions last year.

somebody had to.

and somebody also had to lead the team in drops.... hmm?

It's getting extremely frustrating. We are supposed to be one of the elite teams in the nation, and we're using the west coast offense....if you are a D-I scholarship WR at this level, you should at least be able to consistently catch the ball.

Also this whole "well if he is starting, he is the best we have" excuse.....he might have an understanding of the game better than the younger guys, but if Nunn has better hands than all of them.....we are in trouble. If he is dropping balls like that on into the year we have to start getting some of the younger guys reps, those drops could end up costing us a game.

that being said, Nunn may have had an off week, and he may come out and catch everything he gets his hands on from here on out. But if he doesn't at least start to catch the majority of the footballs hitting him in the hands then we need to find someone who will.

amen!

I think Nunn was intentionally dropping the ball so SC will think we can't hold on and will focus solely on the run. Then we will kill them with completed passes. Also, I think Nunn will catch a punt and just stand there and look around as if he called fair catch. Then, while the SC players are all standing around he will run down the field for an uncontested touchdown. BRILLIANT!

Hey all, I usually don't harp on spelling, after all this is a message board. However, can we start spelling ridiculous correctly? It's getting a little rediculous. You're making it hard to control my OCD.

Oh Frisco, don't get me started. You didn't even mention the there/their problem and the where/were, etc. If other schools are monitoring this site they are going to start to believe that line about the N standing for knowledge.

Nunn and Hardy are the two most frustrating players on the offense as far as I'm concerned. I pretty much expect Hardy to drop as many passes as he catches and I think Nunn is good for two drops per game, which he had last week. For a division I receiver that's inexcusable.

I'm hoping that Nunn just didn't have his head in the game, because he played the poorest of anyone on Sat. The two drops, when the game was still in doubt, the botched punt return, catching the ball along the sideline and then trying to turn up-field when time was running out were all silly mental mistakes - like he wasn't really trying.

The most frustrating to me though, was a run where it looked like Lucky was going to go the distance and all Nunn had to do was get in a receivers way, but he just kind of stopped short of making the block and the guy made the tackle. Blocking down field doesn't take fantastic athletic ability, it just takes desire. So hopefully he's getting a good ripping today and he'll be ready to go the next couple of weeks.