kunalic

skersfan23

I have an interesting question. Did anyone see another touchback in any of the other college games these last few days? I don't remember one myself, but it seems to me there should have been some. Can't have been too many, though.

"In their place are new tweaks, the most prominent moving kickoffs 5 yards farther back to the 30 to reduce the number of clock-stalling touchbacks.

That 5-yard kickoff adjustment had caught the attention of coaches across the country, who not only foresaw a dramatic impact on the number of returns but also their length and, thus, on field position and potentially on scoring.

Week 1 was mostly uneventful, though, with average field position after kickoffs at the 29-yard line and teams almost twice as likely to start from the 20 or inside (184 times in 68 games) as from the 40 or beyond (98 times).

About one in every 8½ kickoffs was a touchback. Nearly 84% of all kicks were returned, compared with 79% all of last season. The return average, which has hovered just beneath 21 yards in each of the past four seasons, was 21.1.

The additional 5 yards meant little to kickers such as South Carolina's Ryan Succop, who buried four of his five kickoffs vs. Louisiana-Lafayette in the end zone for touchbacks, and Nebraska's Adi Kunalic, who was 6-for-9 against Nevada."

Sounds like there were a few other touchbacks but not as many as last year

I have an interesting question. Did anyone see another touchback in any of the other college games these last few days? I don't remember one myself, but it seems to me there should have been some. Can't have been too many, though.

I believe the Wisconsin and Washington State game had a few touchbacks. I think it is fantastic that we have a kicker now....hopefully he can keep it up and continue to kick the ball well.