Extension for BC

Pud always seems to find a way of stepping in it. Personally, I would have waited until after the USC game. If we win the game, it looks very deserving. If we lose but lose close, it appears as though the program is heading in the right direction. If we get blown out, it will make Pud look like a complete :asshat

I'm not saying the entire season hinges on the USC game, but this game along with maybe the Texas game is the measuring stick for us this year. If we get humiliated at home by USC, I think the contract extension definitely has tarnish on it. If he wasn't willing to give the extension before the season began, I think he should have waited until at least after the USC game.

Pud always seems to find a way of stepping in it. Personally, I would have waited until after the USC game. If we win the game, it looks very deserving. If we lose but lose close, it appears as though the program is heading in the right direction. If we get blown out, it will make Pud look like a complete :asshat

I'm not saying the entire season hinges on the USC game, but this game along with maybe the Texas game is the measuring stick for us this year. If we get humiliated at home by USC, I think the contract extension definitely has tarnish on it. If he wasn't willing to give the extension before the season began, I think he should have waited until at least after the USC game.

If "Pud" doesn't give BC a contract he's basically admitting that he ("Pud") failed which makes his own renewal look kinda stupid. When "pud" got his, BC's was a foregone conclusion. The USC and TX games have little to do with it in the short term.

I don't know why they didn't wait until later in the season. He is already overpaid, so hopefully it wasn't a big raise.

pleasefirecallahan.com is alive and well.

It will be making sure he lives up to this years expectations and the new contract.

For a website with such honorable intentions though, doesn't it have an a-hole-ish, sensationalist kind of name? You know, it's almost like those intentions aren't exactly what the site is about.

The top 5 reasons to fire Bill Callahan:

5. Harrison Beck - YES I am still mad!

Sam Keller and Blaine Gabbert.

4. Avg 1.9yds per rush against USC and still only attempted 17 passes

Fair point. Gosh, I guess this takes away from everything he's accomplished, though.

3. ZERO wins vs. Oklahoma...not acceptable

Zero for two, mind you, with the first coming in the lost '04 season when OU was on top, and the second being a 31-24 game that was well played. Might want to check out Dr. Tom's record against Oklahoma in his first several seasons. Yeah, those people who wanted Osborne fired then sure knew what they were talking about, right? Just like the people who wanted to fire Mack Brown for the same reason, since he was obviously never going to get over the hump and beat the Sooners either.

2. 2007 Cotton Bowl. Ran a draw then punted instead of attempting a pass and a field goal. Seriously?

Jordan Congdon....seriously?

1. He's Bill Callahan

Seriously, did the guy who wrote this run out of creativity? You'd think there'd be some broad, insightful reasons, such as "lack of passion," "disconnect with the players," "inability to put together a good staff", or "can't recruit"...oh wait.

Finally, here's a tip....name your page something other than "Page 1." Hint: change the stuff in the <title> tag....

It typically takes a new CEO 5-7 years to rebuild a company. A football team is much like a company. What you want to measure is the attitude of the players, the new talent coming in, the direction the program is taking and, of course, improvement on the field. Typically there is no straight line progression. There are ups and downs, but at least some improvement should be evident year to year. And there are changes, adjustments, as issues and obstacles are met and resolved. Unlike a company, however, the turn-over through graduation (or whatever) is not controlable. You lose the best, as well as the worst, you have every few years. That's tough--and makes recruiting and player development an even larger factor than recruiting and developing employees for a company.

Take a look at BC from this perspective.

• 1 month later...

I don't know why they didn't wait until later in the season. He is already overpaid, so hopefully it wasn't a big raise.

It will be making sure he lives up to this years expectations and the new contract.

Very good insight to bad no one in authority thought like this.

Very good insight to bad no one in authority thought like this.

this is a great thread...knowing what i know now. I cant stop laughing.