Forget Missouri, the North Championship is between Kansas & Nebraska

JGS30

I was there, too, JSG! I already posted this on another thread, but I was very impressed with Reesing and the KU offense. It seemed like Mangino finally got some of his key positions filled to show off the offensive guru tag he's been carrying all this time.

I can't wait for this game in Lawrence, already have the tickets, and the wife is KU / NU splitter!

LOL, I'm telling ya. KU looks legit man. If the Big 12 overlooks this team there will be alot of upset fans out there. They are that good. I talked to a guy from Texas that watched Reesing play QB in High school. he said that every Friday night was like watching a man play amongst boys. He was always finished playing by halftime. Reesing is that good.

I'm telling ya, NU VS KU in November will be for the North.

:cheers

KU might start off good; however, their schedule is very weak at the beginning and gets tougher after week four.

There is no question that KU is becoming a Big 12 Contender; however, this is not the year.

KU will loose to K-State

KU will loose to Texas A&M

KU will loose to Nebraska

KU will loose to Ok State

KU will loose to Missouri

Give em more props than that. They smoked KSU last year and will do the same thing this year. The other 4 games they will probably LOSE, but don't overlook these guys. Their defense is still weak, but one good game from the D is more than enough for their offense (look at what happened the last time we went down there). I know we're better than 2 years, but anything can happen if you're not prepared or overlook a team, just ask Michigan and Texas.

i think KU is turning a corner too. but let's not use words like 'legit' and 'guru' until you play a quality opponent. i'm sorry but CMU just isn't that great.

and planning on beating KSUcks by thinking a player (Freeman) will play bad instead of you guys playing good, well...that's not how a legit team earns respect. they dominate them.

KU is on the rise, but when you're rising from the bottom, it's still a long way up.

i think KU is turning a corner too. but let's not use words like 'legit' and 'guru' until you play a quality opponent. i'm sorry but CMU just isn't that great.

and planning on beating KSUcks by thinking a player (Freeman) will play bad instead of you guys playing good, well...that's not how a legit team earns respect. they dominate them.

KU is on the rise, but when you're rising from the bottom, it's still a long way up.

KU finished 4th last near. Not the bottom. Where have you been I am I?

I would love to see an undefeated Nebraska play a 7-1 KU in November for the North.

Good luck you guys!!

:cheers

Yeah, I the fighting Manginos will field a decent team this year. And their sched is about as favorable as you can get in the B12. Don’t play UT or OU, and they catch the Huskers and Mizzou in Lawrence. They could put together a good record this year. Please be advised, however, that the Huskers will unmercifully crush the Jayhawks on Nov. 3. The loss will be devastating enough to make a fat man cry.

KU might start off good; however, their schedule is very weak at the beginning and gets tougher after week four.

There is no question that KU is becoming a Big 12 Contender; however, this is not the year.

KU will loose to K-State

KU will loose to Texas A&M

KU will loose to Nebraska

KU will loose to Ok State

KU will loose to Missouri

Lose

I agree with JSG30, I think KU will give Nebraska the biggest challenge in the North. They have the schedule to do some damage and they get Nebraska at home. I think Nebraska will have to lose at least 1 other conference game for the outcome of that game to decide the north. I think that Mizzou will face plant after they fall to Nebraska and fight KSU for third.

i am currently a KU student and was at their game against central michigan, and they did indeed look like a whole new team. The key is how they will play in the second half in big 12 play, because we know last year they gave up multiple second half leads. I will be there in lawrence come day wearing my red! GBR!!!!!

i think ku, mu, and ksu will all compete for second in the north

The thing you have to remember is that Missouri can't stop the run and they have an average secondary. And on offense, the O-line is not protecting Chase Daniel. He took some monster shots this weekend from Illinois.

Good news, if true. Also, good to see you back, JGS30.

And I agree that KU is on the rise. What's up with your coach though? There was this youtube video of him taking out a player's head after he returned a punt for a touchdown because he jumped into the endzone. Seriously, Mangino has got Kansas on the rise but he's had some wacky outbursts...

What a potty-mouth he is! I heard something about burgers and fries...;)

CMU seems to perenially have trouble with night games. It's been that way for years and I just don't know why. I remember when KU was horrible in football...not so anymore, I guess!

I thought being MAC champs that my guys had a good shot at KU...oh well. But I sure didn't expect the tatooing we got! WOW - what will My Team look like after Clemson! YIKES!!!

Oh well, there are a lot of big holes that needed filling: Joe Staley, Dan "Buzz" Bazuin (a farmer who's built like a great Nebraska lineman!), and Drew Mormino.

I think the winning team will have 2 losses in the conference. The winner of the North will either win a the tie breaker or the others will have 3 losses. I can't imagine us not winning the north. It allows us to lose to Texas and have another loss to a weaker opponent. The only cause for concern is our big games are on the road.