Option Attack

What did everyone think of that pathetic attempt at running the option on saturday? I was going crazy. It was a good attempt at humor by Callahan, giving the crowd a little taste of the past. It was pretty funny to watch, i mean the running back was no where to be seen to even catch the pitch had Ganz even wanted to pitch it. Obviously they don't practice that play much. LOL

I think it could be an option next year. Ganz has the speed, and Lee could step in on situational downs ala Tim Tebow. Not that i want to see a purely option based offense agian, but it would be nice to see it every now and then. I think there is still a place for it in college football and could possibly could catch teams off gaurd, especially if you pass from it.

West Virginia and The Texas Aggies are option teams. Aggies do it from the spread and from under center. WV do it from the gun all the time.

Worked OK for a change of pace last year for Tim Tebow and Florida even though Chris Leak was the starter. Florida won a big game or two last year didn't they???