USC Practicing In Noise

huskerguy

but practicing with noise will not be like the real thing. I will be at the game yelling my ass off, and there is no way that Pete Carroll can practice that

:yeah

practicing with noise in an empty stadium is one thing. Practicing with noise and 85,000 fans staring at you and waiting for you to f#*k up is another!

I don't know if it was intentional, but USC was smart by having their bye week this weekend so they have more time to plan for us. Still, I hope we knock them out of their shoes. Lucky doing it all around, Castille bashing people head on, Keller with some nice passes, and the Blackshirts rising to the occasion. It will certianly be fun to watch.

This is a common thing like others have said. I believe they were in a contract with CSU but CSU backed out that is why I think Idaho got plugged in week 1 not week2 CSU cause we all know CSU plays Wk 1 with CU. If you arent confused you get a B+. I doubt USC will be more concentrated on crowd noise as opposed to shutting them up. They will be ready they will want to win and destroy us if they can.

I don't think that's any big surprise (that they are practicing in noise) is it? At least for any team with a loud enough sound system. I know when I was in Lincoln from 93-97 that they pumped up the volume for multiple practices throughout the year.....I can't imagine that most of the big programs don't.

but practicing with noise will not be like the real thing. I will be at the game yelling my ass off, and there is no way that Pete Carroll can practice that

Yeah--doesn't matter how loud their sound system is, it just isn't the same as a fired up, sell-out crowd of crazed Husker fans in Memorial Stadium. The place is going to rock!!

When some of you actually grow up I hope you get a clue, but I doubt it.

Every single top program has the same old fans that Nebraska has. If we are not as noisey as the other stadiums, you youngsters are not doing your job. You need to get involved and be louder, your just not doing enough to over come our old codgers like they do in LSU, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee.

You are dragging our tradition down. Get with it or get a new team. Losers!

Every single top program has the same old fans that Nebraska has. If we are not as noisey as the other stadiums, you youngsters are not doing your job. You need to get involved and be louder, your just not doing enough to over come our old codgers like they do in LSU, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee.

I have to agree. It doesn't make any sense at all for Nebraska not to be a more intimidating place to play. People need to get off their butts and get rowdy instead of simply clapping.

I have to agree. It doesn't make any sense at all for Nebraska not to be a more intimidating place to play. People need to get off their butts and get rowdy instead of simply clapping.

But if we're too loud, then we won't hear the snap count. And that's important.

And if we stand, we won't be sitting... and then the people behind us will have to stand... it's a terrible Catch-22 for everyone.

But if we're too loud, then we won't hear the snap count. And that's important.

And if we stand, we won't be sitting... and then the people behind us will have to stand... it's a terrible Catch-22 for everyone.

Well, we keep quiet when the OFFENSE has the ball. We're not trying to screw THEM up.

But I was more impressed back in 1995 when I heard that Florida was going to be practicing in noise . . . to play against us at a neutral site. :P

I went to the Texas game last year and THAT WAS a hostile environment!!!! It was so goddammed loud I could hardly hear when I left there...........................With USC having a couple weeks off here that could be a good and bad thing for USC. True they get to prepare for us another week, but they also didn't look the best in their opening game so they can't get their kinks worked out in another game time situation like we have with WF. JMO it could be could or bad for them.