Ignoring Kirk

Looks like it is spreading more

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10131776

Herbstreit, part of the ABC crew calling the game, will not make a prediction. But that won't stop some in attendance from voicing their displeasure with him.

A group of NU fans, mostly students, have pledged to ignore all that Herbstreit says during the show by turning quiet and holding newspapers in place over their faces every time he talks.

Was on the KETV (channel 7) news here in omaha last night

I think it turned out just as well as the black out for tonite.

Can we put this stupid stuff to bed.

We are Nebraska. WE are above this type of stuff. We play the game on the field. Not in some ones mind.

Line em up and knock em down.

And I never saw one newpaper. I would imagine the University stopped it quickly.

Act like you have been there before. No need to lower our fan base in any way.

Sorry kid, it bombed again. No more suggestions from you for a couple of years Okay?

I did notice the band played whenever Kirk started talking. Kind felt bad for him. Must be my good sportsmanship. You know, the same thing that makes me give the visiting team a hand when they leave the stadium. But that's just me...That was a loud crowd in my opinnion though. Loudest I've ever heard 10-15,000 people cheer.

After they finished taping the small segment once Gameday was over, there was a small group of people shouting some unfortunate things while the crew was finishing things up. Before Kirk left he turned around and said, "Now you're just embarrassing yourselves." And I was thinking I couldn't have said it better myself. Sadly there is always a small group of idiots, even amongst the best fans in college football.