Why are we killing ourselves

Miami is also coming off a bad season last year and I don't think they were getting much credit for doing well this year.

IMO, it's waaaaaaaay to early to start panicking. Look at Michigan. They were preseason ranked #5 and they're getting blown out by Oregon in the Big House. Is Oklahoma really that good? Or is Miami just that bad? Is Michigan that bad or is App St and Oregon that good? Is NU that bad or is Wake Forest that good? Ohio St...struggled against Akron. W.Va struggled against Marshall before pulling away from Marshall. Washington is beating Boise St. We're still 2-0. A win is a win is a win IMO no matter how you slice it.

We won fine. But I'm still frustrated at the way we played. And if they had their starting QB, we might not of won. We dominate a small opponent like Nevada and then we go on cloud nine. But we get reality checked by a descent team. Look at what OU did today against Miami. That's where we should be. Not struggling against Wake Forest with a banged up defense and a second string QB.

Hodges made a couple of big mistakes that may or may not have gift-wrapped a win for us, sure. But is Miami really that good of a measuring stick for OU? OU was at home against a team with a first year coach. Sure they DOMINATED them, but I'm not convinced OU is really all that scary. They are better than I thought they would be, but it's too early in the season to hand OU the Big XII trophy.

We won fine. But I'm still frustrated at the way we played. And if they had their starting QB, we might not of won. We dominate a small opponent like Nevada and then we go on cloud nine. But we get reality checked by a descent team. Look at what OU did today against Miami. That's where we should be. Not struggling against Wake Forest with a banged up defense and a second string QB.

Hodges made a couple of big mistakes that may or may not have gift-wrapped a win for us, sure. But is Miami really that good of a measuring stick for OU? OU was at home against a team with a first year coach. Sure they DOMINATED them, but I'm not convinced OU is really all that scary. They are better than I thought they would be, but it's too early in the season to hand OU the Big XII trophy.

I agree, in one Miami touchdown, the receiver was all by himself in the end zone.

Another year, another inept defense against misdirection and zones plays, blown coverage, horrible tackling, inconsistent offense, dropped passes, piss poor line play, stupid a$$ playcalling, yea lets all be happy!!!!!!!!!

And yet we are still 2-0

What do you suggest we do? Get rid of all the coaches?

We might have to.

"We?"

Let me know how that conference call between you Pederson and BC goes. I'm dying to know what you guys are thinking about.

Come in off the ledge. Nebraska won in a tough envrionment.

I agree that we are 2-0 and we should be happy. We EXPECTED to be 2-0 though and we were more than a touchdown favorite. Besides those issues the concern is with the lack of defensive pressure and tackling. That is a concern even if we won by 20 and regardless of the record. I am sure the coaches are pleased to win but they are concered as well. We were out phisically played on both lines and that is dangerous.

Another year, another inept defense against misdirection and zones plays, blown coverage, horrible tackling, inconsistent offense, dropped passes, piss poor line play, stupid a$$ playcalling, yea lets all be happy!!!!!!!!!

And yet we are still 2-0

What do you suggest we do? Get rid of all the coaches?

why do you even respond to this? this guy is not rational. he has no grip on reality. not every team is going to be 1995 and blow out everyone. I'm not saying we should be content with the performance, as we clearly have room to improve. But theres no reason to run around screaming and crying like a 3 year old that just crapped their pants either