USC Prediction

robsker

Ok.... Here goes.

If the Husker's bring their "A" game, the best they can play (of course, we do not know what that is, yet... so this is guess work) and US C brings their "A" game --- then I see USC by 14-17 points.

If the Huskers bring the "A" game and USC brings their "B" game --- USC by 3-7 points.

If the Huskers bring their "A" game and USC brings their "C" game, the Huskers win by 3.

If the Huskers bring their "B" or "C" game, then this thing gets real ugly, real fast (unless USC is also off as well)

Moral of the story --- hope the Huskers play their "A" game and that USC is not on their game.

There is hope..... slim, but we can hope.

No one should expect victory on Saturday, be reasonable. Hope, certainly. Expect, no.

Wow. You are gonna get attacked for not beleiving that we can win every game and if we don't then fire the coaches!!

Yeah, I think we will probably lose this game. I hope not but it is gonna be tough.

We are a Top 20 team. amybe even a Top 15 team, but I don't think we are a Top 10 team......yet.

Because we have to break in a new QB next year, we won't be a Top 10 team for 2 more years.

Wow. You are gonna get attacked for not beleiving that we can win every game and if we don't then fire the coaches!!

Yeah, I think we will probably lose this game. I hope not but it is gonna be tough.

We are a Top 20 team. amybe even a Top 15 team, but I don't think we are a Top 10 team......yet.

Because we have to break in a new QB next year, we won't be a Top 10 team for 2 more years.

I think you are right on all counts.

We are a top 20 team. Maybe top 15but not top 10. Agreed.

And, yes it will likely be two years before top 10 is reasonable as an expectation.

Fire the coaches? Of course not. The Huskers are on the right track. They are inching up and headed in the right direction. It’s a very, very competitive college football world out there (arguably tougher than any time before as the parity in the college game is very high)

And I also agree --- I am likely to be attacked.

Ok.... Here goes.

If the Husker's bring their "A" game, the best they can play (of course, we do not know what that is, yet... so this is guess work) and US C brings their "A" game --- then I see USC by 14-17 points.

If the Huskers bring the "A" game and USC brings their "B" game --- USC by 3-7 points.

If the Huskers bring their "A" game and USC brings their "C" game, the Huskers win by 3.

If the Huskers bring their "B" or "C" game, then this thing gets real ugly, real fast (unless USC is also off as well)

Moral of the story --- hope the Huskers play their "A" game and that USC is not on their game.

No one should expect victory on Saturday, be reasonable. Hope, certainly. Expect, no.

If the Huskers win by 14-17 people will say that SC brought their D game.

If the Huskers win by 3-7 points people will say SC brought their C game.

If the Huskers win by 3 points people will say SC brought their B game.

If SC wins A*A + 2AB + B*B = (A + B ) (A + B ) = :wtf

That's all I've got to say.

Ok.... Here goes.

If the Huskers win by 14-17 people will say that SC brought their D game.

If the Huskers win by 3-7 points people will say SC brought their C game.

If the Huskers win by 3 points people will say SC brought their B game.

If SC wins A*A + 2AB + B*B = (A + B ) (A + B ) = :wtf

That's all I've got to say.

I feel like I'm in Stats class!!!!! :lol:

Ok.... Here goes.

I think its an uphill battle for us, but I dont think USC is as good as you are giving them credit, and I think that playing in lincoln is harder than you are making it out to be. I dont see USC having on of their better games. of course if we play like last week it wont matter.

Ok.... Here goes.

I think its an uphill battle for us, but I dont think USC is as good as you are giving them credit, and I think that playing in lincoln is harder than you are making it out to be. I dont see USC having on of their better games. of course if we play like last week it wont matter.

You might be right. Maybe USC is not as good as I think. But, I'll tell you this.... they should be. The crazy number of highly rated recruits they have on that team should make it such that they have no excuse not to beat anyone placed in front of them.

And USC does tend to, I think, underacheive. So, maybe they come in flat and not taking NU seriously. We can only hope.

I am also thinking that USC is better than us, and will probably win, but here are some reasons in our favor.

- It is at home, in front of the sea of red, that could bring momentum on our side and help a lot

- Huskers are undeafted when playing at home when gameday is here

- Nebraska has a lot to prove, espically Bill Callahan coming right off a fresh contract extension, this game would put the Huskers back into the National Championship pictures, plus Keller trying to step into national spotlight and trying to beat USC unlike at ASU

- Anything is possible this year, just ask Michigan

- This is NEBRASKA, they play for NEBRASKA, they win for NEBRASKA

I hope that USC can't relize to put pressure on Keller and to run to the outside, such as in the Wake Forest game. USC is very talented coming off of top recurting classes for years, they are the #1 team in the nation. I am really wanting a victory this week. GO BIG RED

:bonez

They will always be breaking in a new QB now. You will not see a Fresh/Soph running this offense. A Junior at the youngest and that is if there isn't a Senior with more experiance.

I am also thinking that USC is better than us, and will probably win, but here are some reasons in our favor.

- It is at home, in front of the sea of red, that could bring momentum on our side and help a lot

- Huskers are undeafted when playing at home when gameday is here

- Nebraska has a lot to prove, espically Bill Callahan coming right off a fresh contract extension, this game would put the Huskers back into the National Championship pictures

- This is NEBRASKA, they play for NEBRASKA, they win for NEBRASKA

I hope that USC can't relize to put pressure on Keller and to run to the outside, such as in the Wake Forest game. I am really wanting a victory this week. GO BIG RED

:bonez

Well, I hate USC. That said, they are exceedingly well coached in the x's and o's. Maybe not in terms of keeping the guys motivated (and not overconfidant). But I assure you that they will bring the house against Keller and that they will run outside and exploit our LB's who have had trouble getting there and trouble tackling when they are there.

Also, our offensive game plan better become more creative or the USC defence will eat NU alive.

I have a feeling that USC will make this a statement game and really bring it. Man, I hope not.

They will always be breaking in a new QB now. You will not see a Fresh/Soph running this offense. A Junior at the youngest and that is if there isn't a Senior with more experiance.

I wouldn't say that I think Witt who will be a sophmore or Lee who will be a Redshirt sophmore, could very easily step in and run the offence after being here for last winter and this year. Both are very intelligent kids who have been studying the playbook and learning the offence.

If your statement is true --- that NU will always have a Jr. or Senior at QB, always breaking in --- well, then NU will never be a top 10 team (at the close of the season). You may be right. If so, then the system must change. I hope that you are wrong!

If your statement is true --- that NU will always have a Jr. or Senior at QB, always breaking in --- well, then NU will never be a top 10 team (at the close of the season). You may be right. If so, then the system must change. I hope that you are wrong!

If Gabbert comes at semester like some reports are indicating he might, I think we might see a freshmen at QB. This kid might just be all the hype. I've seen him run a few times and holy moley. He's big. He's fast. He can throw. And he wants nothing less than to earn the starting job on his first outing.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

You might be right. Maybe USC is not as good as I think. But, I'll tell you this.... they should be. The crazy number of highly rated recruits they have on that team should make it such that they have no excuse not to beat anyone placed in front of them.

And USC does tend to, I think, underacheive. So, maybe they come in flat and not taking NU seriously. We can only hope.

I really think that USC is a top 5 team, but not the best team. I would take LSU or OU over them right now. You talk about their talent, which is tops in the nation, but look at Michigan. They always recruit well and have many 4yr starters returning this season and they are horrible. Talent isnt everything, you have to have a good staff and players that are willing to play smart and put it all on the line.

When I look at our team I see a whole group of players who have a lot to prove to people. Look at Keller, Purify, the O-line, Bowman, Octavien, Ruud, Grixby, and so on. They are all trying to prove something, maybe that they can play without injury, or that they are not to small or slow for a position. When you look at that it makes for a very dangerous team.

USC on the other hand thinks they are the best of all time and if a player doesnt get playing time he is leaving to go somewhere else. This game reminds me a little bit of the 96 game against ASU. We went in as clear favorites, playing at ASU, and should have easily handled them. Instead we went in expecting to win an easy game against a nobody team and got buzzsawed by an up and coming team with nothing to lose.