Ron Prince named as potential Michigan successor

Omahusker

Tom Dienhart, a columnist from the Sporting News has loyd Carr already out the door (I don't necessarily disagree) and has started putting together his short list of successors.

I know it's USC week, but this came out today and I found it...amusing.

Kansas State coach Ron Prince. Yeah, he's still a work-in-progress, but he has done well in his short time in Manhattan. Plus, he's a no-nonsense guy who cut his teeth at an academic school (Virginia). And hiring an African-American would be a great move for a college football power. Prince played at Appalachian State, which is an interesting note.

story here

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=271694

Les Miles will be the next Michigan coach.

No way. LSU has a much better recruiting base. Why would he leave a program that is in the title hunt year in and year out at this point, to take over a rebuilding project? Mich is going to have a hard time finding a coach. When it is all said and done, they go with a mid level BCS coach. Grobe maybe.

Les Miles will be the next Michigan coach.

No way. LSU has a much better recruiting base. Why would he leave a program that is in the title hunt year in and year out at this point, to take over a rebuilding project? Mich is going to have a hard time finding a coach. When it is all said and done, they go with a mid level BCS coach. Grobe maybe.

Although LSU has it good, Michigan is home for him and still a more storied program- one fo 5 schools with 800+ wins. Did we have a hard time finding a coach? I think the Michigan job is more desirable right now than the Husker job was when it was open.

He was asked about it in a news conference and he did nothing but add to the speculation. His answer was something like "I am happy here and want to focus on what we have going this season but I certainly feel for my people up there in Michigan" That to me, sounds like Michigans next coach.

I certainly didn't come up with this idea on my own. I'm not that clever. I haven't heard a local, regional, or national sports figure that doesn't think Miles is the next Michigan coach.