Fire Cosgrove

*shakes head* @ this thread. You guys are full of it. They're the best team in the nation! Sheesh...what were you expecting?

Yeah, I wonder

*shakes head* @ this thread. You guys are full of it. They're the best team in the nation! Sheesh...what were you expecting?

I was expecting our players to stay at home and watch for the cut back runs! There's no excuse for SUH to get punked on every singe play by a friggen true freshman at center!

This crappy man 4-3 man defense we run is just that...CRAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the cut back runs that I have been bitching about since last year. Where is the OLB?

So, what do you suggest? COZ had nothing to do with this loss. The players did not execute. USC ran the ball down our throats. The 4-3 is a very balanced D and suited to stop the run. Do you want a 3-4? I want to know why you think Coz and the 4-3 was so bad.

Well, I GUESS once you get out of grammer school, u don't have to remembe to tackle.

Now, for the record...I was not a fan of Coz last year and was very vocal about it, but lets be real here.

I don't even think Booty was hit tonight. But I left after the 3rd quarter because it was too ugly so I don't know. Cosgrove's problem is that he runs passive schemes where they don't rush the quarterback or ever send a blitz to maybe try and stop the run. Then he teaches arm tackles to all the players or it seems that way because usually thats what they try. FIRE COZ!!!

We are a reactive defense. Yes we try blitzes but have you noticed that we have a total of 3 yes that's right 3 total sacks for the season so far! Pretty sad if you ask me!

Our OLB's got their A$$ess kkcked today and so did McKeon. Octavion playedthe best today......but not very well...

Give me some credit! I had everything to do with this. I am the DC goddammit. MY defense doesn't do anything without my instruction. MY defense does what I teach them to do. I have the final say as to how MY defense will operate. All of the defense coaches manage their players and schemes under MY direction. Busch, Elmassion, and the rest provide input but at the end of the day I call the shots and I will dictate how MY defense is run. MY defense is a reflection of my defensive philosophy and my teachings.

MY defense got riddled yet again tonight.

You my man are a flamer.

Give me some credit! I had everything to do with this. I am the DC goddammit. MY defense doesn't do anything without my instruction. MY defense does what I teach them to do. I have the final say as to how MY defense will operate. All of the defense coaches manage their players and schemes under MY direction. Busch, Elmassion, and the rest provide input but at the end of the day I call the shots and I will dictate how MY defense is run. MY defense is a reflection of my defensive philosophy and my teachings.

Your sh#t was maybe funny about 15 posts ago but now it's just plain old!

You my man are a flamer.

Yes, and he's gone. Expressing your displeasure with the coaches or players is one thing, folks - flaming is another.

The Heisman leading candidate passed for a total of 144 yards. That to me means something. Yes i understand that they were making plays running the ball, which in turn caused them to run the ball more. But i think we did a really good job in keeping Booty's passing to a minimum. LB's on the run was horrible. Octavien, one of the most active LB's we've had in a while was never a factor against the QB. In fact he was chasing RB's all night, instead of hitting them at the line. That to me shows that the alignment or the placement wasn't right. Which in turn points at coaching. But then again i'm a idiot and am probably talking from my ass.

I don't even think Booty was hit tonight. But I left after the 3rd quarter because it was too ugly so I don't know. Cosgrove's problem is that he runs passive schemes where they don't rush the quarterback or ever send a blitz to maybe try and stop the run. Then he teaches arm tackles to all the players or it seems that way because usually thats what they try. FIRE COZ!!!

He tripped over one of his own doods in the 4th... maybe 3rd. We stuck it out to the end... pretty funny. A person in front of us had one of those roll-up signs that say "Go big red" on one side and "blackshirts" on the other. She had unrolled it so it read "LACKSHIRTS"... we all enjoyed that.

Our D-Line sucks.

Our Linebackers suck (not quite as bad as the D-Line).

I know these kids are talented.

So... why do they suck you ask?

OUR WONDERFUL COACHING CREW Coz&Co.

"we can run a big 10 team's defense into the ground, and we can do it in the big 12 too!"

Why was the run defense non existent tonight? Did Cosgrove forget to teach them about stopping the run and making tackles? USC just toyed with Nebraska's defense. The D-Line got pushed around so much it wasn't even funny. Giving 49 points and getting blown out at home calls for a firing. Isn't this the kind of game that got Frank and his staff fired? So why don't we just fire that idiot Cosgrove and get a defensive coordinator who knows a thing or two about coaching a football team? Cosgrove never has been a good coach for any team. His defenses have always been mediocre. And tonight it just plain sucked.

This is definitely the kind of game that got Craig Bohl fired.

Poor tackling was the problem tonight, not scheme. Very often we were in the right spot on the running plays, just unable to bring the RB down.

Our lines on both sides of the ball were unable to move anyone. SC controled the line, thus the game. Coz and the players pretty much share the blame on this one.

P.S. F**K all you fair weather fans that left early................ :angry: Fans stay to support thier team, spectators leave when it stops being fun. If you want to be a spectator, SC is on a nice run so go join the bandwagon with all the other fakes.

Poor tackling was the problem tonight, not scheme. Very often we were in the right spot on the running plays, just unable to bring the RB down.

Our lines on both sides of the ball were unable to move anyone. SC controled the line, thus the game. Coz and the players pretty much share the blame on this one.

P.S. F**K all you fair weather fans that left early................ :angry: Fans stay to support thier team, spectators leave when it stops being fun. If you want to be a spectator, SC is on a nice run so go join the bandwagon with all the other fakes.

Easy.

I'm sorry, I would usually agree with you, but IMO we need to move forward with a new DC! Absolutely embarrassing defensive performance with absolutely no adjustments made. Getting outplayed is one thing, but not making ANY adjustments is another! This won't be the last time Cosgrove gets out coached this season either.

:yeah

:yeah

Although I did feel a little obsessive trying to explain to Buckeye37 (my Wife) why I was still taping the game after the 3rd Quarter..

I wanted to say, "Since you cut me off...This is all I have".

Then I thought, "It Builds Character"..or.."You never know..We still might pull it out..And what would I do if I didn't record the greatest comeb...ah...never mind"

I finally just said, "You Fair weather Big-11 fans would never understand".