"Hot Seat" Coaches...Who would you want at NU?

None of those punks. I would take Rich Rodriguez (West Va coach), or that dude from Rutgers, or Jeff Tedford from California or Jim Leavitt of South Florida.

During the search -

Coaches that had jobs already:

Wannstedt said no.

Al Saunders said no.

Houston Nutt said no.

Turner Gill and Bo Pellini were candidates that had no head coach experience & not seriously considered.

Jobless coach:

Callahan said yes.

Hey, dont flame me unless you really feel better to do so. But disagree with me - sure I have no problem with that. :thumbs

BTW - it's not a coaching carrousel when you have a coach that wins. Because you keep him.

If you dont win, you're on the hot seat until you do, or find one that can.

And this is not how I am reacting to this past game. I've never liked Callahan since he was with the Raiders. I've always thought he was a little bit of pr*ck that came to Nebraska with 2 years of coaching experience in which he was fired. Hey, at the time I may have recommended him to Iowa State or something, but not run my business.

Ok.. I said my peace.

It's not a new head coach that we need. My biggest issue is that we HAD Bo Pelini. Also at one point recently Tyrone Nix was obviously willing to leave Southern Miss, because he ended up in South Carolina. I would easily take either one of them over Coz.

Everyone says the bridges are burned with Pelini, and I'm sure the window opened and closed with Nix. He is most likely happy helping little-Stevie-ball-coach build the program in S.C. But what about a guy like Peveto at LSU. He is a linebackers coach/Special teams coordinator and has defensive coordinator experience with Houston as well as with a division 1AA school. Maybe he would leave for a promotion to D-Coordinator. If not him, maybe someone like him. At least Peveto's linebackers know how to tackle.