I'm done

On any message board, there will always be a few who claim to be 'fans.' They are? They show up to start sh*t and rub it in people's faces if things aren't going well, resort to name-calling. They congregate with other haters, and constantly back the hatred that they breed. They flamebait, hate everything about all aspects about the program, but offer little, or superficial, or no reasoning or suggestions for their opinions. It makes them happy that their 'team' does bad so they can quickly shout, "I told you so."

They say they are fans, but they bail and quickly jump ship when it is convenient. They say they are fans, I call it a 'Napoleanic Complex.' Won't show up except to possibly cheer if things are going perfect, if even then, but are quick to start a war when there is a slight chance that someone will agree with their little thoughts. "Coach dumb*ss didn't call a timeout when NU was up 63-0 vs. the New England Patriots. Let's fire him." Things like 'negativity,' 'doubts' and 'change' spring up like a used car salesman trying to sell the 'family truckster' to Clark Griswold.

I salute you tonight, haters, after reading all the posts...you were licking your chops tonight. Sadly, no matter the bizillion yards and thousands of points a crapass team put up, no matter the injuries, no matter how pathetic a DC is, no matter how no player for NU could care less about being on the field, no matter how bad everyone should panic, no matter how much you booed...

Nebraska is still 3-1, with one loss vs. the #1 team in the nation. Sorry you can't change that fact.

The three monkey theory.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 23 2007, 02:42 PM) 221007[/snapback]

Good. We don't need a bunch of bandwagon jerks anyways.

It's right about now when we start to find out who are the real fans and who jumped aboard in the mid-90s and doesn't get it.

Easy there because I was only 12 when I started watching the Huskers and that was in 1992!!! Some of us weren't born in the state and weren't brought up with the Huskers. Some of us found them on our own. :) I'm here for the long haul........... :thumbs

It's right about now when we start to find out who are the real fans and who jumped aboard in the mid-90s and doesn't get it.

Easy there because I was only 12 when I started watching the Huskers and that was in 1992!!! Some of us weren't born in the state and weren't brought up with the Huskers. Some of us found them on our own. :) I'm here for the long haul........... :thumbs

I hear ya, I caught on in the 1990 season. I wasn't a Big Red fan because EVERYBODY else I knew was, and I wanted to be different. I came around though. You know what I meant with the last post. It was mostly rhetoric.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 23 2007, 02:42 PM) 221007[/snapback]

Doesn't get what? That mediocrity is OK? If that's what you mean, then our f'ing AD isn't a real fan. He's the one who promised us something better.

I'm here for the REALLY long haul, since I've been a Husker fan since 1969 (I was 13). My cousin played linebacker then, so I got "hooked". Those were the days of Bob Devaney and what a controversy he was at times. But the old saying was "The sun will come out as soon as Devaney walks out on the field"........and it was usually true. I remember Lyle Bremser calling the games with such emotion! We had Johnny Rodgers, Jerry Tagge, Jeff Kinney, Rich Glover, etc, etc. There were the early 70's and the championships and awesome players we had then. I have gone to games in snow up to my knees and have also gotten sunburned in an October game. We were spoiled back in those days. Guess it's hard to sometimes to see how things have changed, but I will always be a Husker. I will stick with it and enjoy the highs and lows.

I'm here for the REALLY long haul, since I've been a Husker fan since 1969 (I was 13). My cousin played linebacker then, so I got "hooked". Those were the days of Bob Devaney and what a controversy he was at times. But the old saying was "The sun will come out as soon as Devaney walks out on the field"........and it was usually true. I remember Lyle Bremser calling the games with such emotion! We had Johnny Rodgers, Jerry Tagge, Jeff Kinney, Rich Glover, etc, etc. There were the early 70's and the championships and awesome players we had then. I have gone to games in snow up to my knees and have also gotten sunburned in an October game. We were spoiled back in those days. Guess it's hard to sometimes to see how things have changed, but I will always be a Husker. I will stick with it and enjoy the highs and lows.

:yeah HOLY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD! Those were good times.

I'll always be a Husker fan. I'm too old and too stubborn to change. I just find it emotionally painful to see the defense play so far below their ability. I don't think for one minute that our defensive players lack the skills or intelligence to shut down a Ball St team.

I'm still planning to attend the Texas A&M game and hope that the defense make the corrections and play like the traditional Blackshirts.

Finally, although I believe we need some different coaches, MY WISH WOULD BE THAT THE EXISTING COACHES ALL SUCCEED AND NU GO UNDEFEATED AND WIN THE BIG XII.

I am done with this crap...........my money my time , my emotions, I am hangin up the cleats we're Iowa state with a higher paid coach.

You can't be a Nebraskan, then, because we can't get the Huskers out of our blood.

Cosgrove absolutely sucks and should have been fired long ago. If Callahan won't can his buddy after these last two weeks, he should go, too.

It was fans leaving Memorial Stadium during a Kansas State blowout that was the last straw for Pederson in firing Solich. The empty seats on national TV were an embarrassment as are the boos today.

Fire Cos and set the program right, or Callahan and Pedy go, too.

But I'm not done with the Huskers. That's my school, my state, my team.

Great post, you are right on the money! This will be a defining moment for BC. We'll find out if he is truly committed to our program if he does the right thing and fires Cosgrove.

I am done with this crap...........my money my time , my emotions, I am hangin up the cleats we're Iowa state with a higher paid coach.

You can't be a Nebraskan, then, because we can't get the Huskers out of our blood.

Cosgrove absolutely sucks and should have been fired long ago. If Callahan won't can his buddy after these last two weeks, he should go, too.

It was fans leaving Memorial Stadium during a Kansas State blowout that was the last straw for Pederson in firing Solich. The empty seats on national TV were an embarrassment as are the boos today.

Fire Cos and set the program right, or Callahan and Pedy go, too.

But I'm not done with the Huskers. That's my school, my state, my team.

Great post, you are right on the money! This will be a defining moment for BC. We'll find out if he is truly committed to our program if he does the right thing and fires Cosgrove.

If BC doesn't get rid of Cosgrove then eventually Cosgrove is going to get them both fired!

All husker fans just need to take a deep breath and take the game for what it was. Yes i know that we played horrible on defense and there is a need for change. Honestly I wish that there was some way we could get Pelini back from LSU, but I think Callahan is doing the right thing, look at his recruiting, the program is going to become one of the elite within the next few years just as long as we allow that time. Now I cant speak for myself since i was born in 89 but I think everyone was just spoiled with the success that NU had for the last forty years. But i can tell you to think back in the mid 70's when people wanted to get rid of Osborne, he almost left for Colorado, cause he couldnt win the big game against Oklahoma. It took him five years to brveak through and Callahan is only in his fourth but i believe that we will get back. Its also funny that we are complaining with mediocre years that consist of being the big 12 north champs, hell look at usc and the texas teams about ten years ago. They were barely above .500, if that. Everyone just needs to give Callahan time, but our defense needs to change and change quickly GBR!

All husker fans just need to take a deep breath and take the game for what it was. Yes i know that we played horrible on defense and there is a need for change. Honestly I wish that there was some way we could get Pelini back from LSU, but I think Callahan is doing the right thing, look at his recruiting, the program is going to become one of the elite within the next few years just as long as we allow that time. Now I cant speak for myself since i was born in 89 but I think everyone was just spoiled with the success that NU had for the last forty years. But i can tell you to think back in the mid 70's when people wanted to get rid of Osborne, he almost left for Colorado, cause he couldnt win the big game against Oklahoma. It took him five years to brveak through and Callahan is only in his fourth but i believe that we will get back. Its also funny that we are complaining with mediocre years that consist of being the big 12 north champs, hell look at usc and the texas teams about ten years ago. They were barely above .500, if that. Everyone just needs to give Callahan time, but our defense needs to change and change quickly GBR!

PC wasn't coach of USC 10 years ago <hint hint>