listen to Callahan's post game comments

I can understand him being upset about it... but it's because he didn't understand why we were booing. We weren't booing the players we were booing the defense in general, especially the coaches. I think once he has a bit to reflect he'll see that it is OKAY for Nebraska fans to be extremely upset by giving up 606 yards to Ball State. I'd still like an exact quote of what he said.

It's ok to be upset about the defensive showing against Ball State. It is NOT ok to boo your team. That's something a Michigan fan would do. If that's your game, go watch Big 11 football, you'll have plenty to boo about.

Its not OK for this to be the standard of defensive play for this program. It doesn't seem like the D is progressing. The fans should certainly boo. Do you have a better way for the fans to demonstrate their frustration?

I can understand him being upset about it... but it's because he didn't understand why we were booing. We weren't booing the players we were booing the defense in general, especially the coaches. I think once he has a bit to reflect he'll see that it is OKAY for Nebraska fans to be extremely upset by giving up 606 yards to Ball State. I'd still like an exact quote of what he said.

It's ok to be upset about the defensive showing against Ball State. It is NOT ok to boo your team. That's something a Michigan fan would do. If that's your game, go watch Big 11 football, you'll have plenty to boo about.

It is ok to boo your coaches and I think that's is what the boo's were about.

And as a head coach of a football team you DO need to let the fans and BOOSTERS know you are not happy and that this is unacceptable. It is his responsibility to express that he knows this isn't acceptable. He al.so needs to start complaining to refs during the game. I am not complaining about holding but there is no way Ball St didn't hold once during the game

It is ok to boo your coaches and I think that's is what the boo's were about.

Agreed, but I think when the game is going on I really don't think the players stop and say "Hey, I think they're booing the coaches not us." They all hear it. Thus the frustration.

Booing during a game at your home field is Busch league IMO.

And as a head coach of a football team you DO need to let the fans and BOOSTERS know you are not happy and that this is unacceptable. It is his responsibility to express that he knows this isn't acceptable. He al.so needs to start complaining to refs during the game. I am not complaining about holding but there is no way Ball St didn't hold once during the game

Agreed, I am in no way trying to make excuses for the defense, but there were a number of obvious holds with no calls, even our pathetic D should be able to get away from a block once and awhile.

I really find it funny that people go into a ballgame and think they have the right to boo. They lay claim to the fact they are not living up to tradition -- blah blah blah.

I personally would like to walk into their place of work, begin booing in their face and see how kindly each of them take to that.

And before anyone starts with the "well, I pay money to get into the game, it is my right" speeches. Remember, no matter if you own or work for a company, I help pay for your salary as well. If I use one of your company services, buy a product from your company, etc., I am putting money in your pocket and helping pay your salary. So what exactly is the difference? Point blank -- there is none.

Then there are the people who say they are booing the coaches. Yes, I'm sure in between the loud chorus of boos, the players were able to decipher who they for. Next time, maybe you should make it more clear with a "BOOOOOO THE COACHES" type chant.

I mean really, alot of you all get on a message board and rant with ideas that you know all about the proud Husker tradition and no one is living up to it. Well guess what, you only experience the Husker tradition, these players and coaches LIVE IT DAILY. These bleed, they sweat, they go thru two-a-days, they play hurt and they bust their asses twice as hard as you ever would and because you pay the price of admission, it suddenly makes you superior to them and the things they are going to accomplish? Look at them, they are all competitors. You don't play football in the Big 12 unless you have a fire in your belly, but you think these guys aren't living up to your standards? Give me an effin' break.

Honestly, I am disappointed we are not performing better, but even moreso, I am embarrassed by the actions of our fans. That is just sad.

I really find it funny that people go into a ballgame and think they have the right to boo. They lay claim to the fact they are not living up to tradition -- blah blah blah.

I personally would like to walk into their place of work, begin booing in their face and see how kindly each of them take to that.

And before anyone starts with the "well, I pay money to get into the game, it is my right" speeches. Remember, no matter if you own or work for a company, I help pay for your salary as well. If I use one of your company services, buy a product from your company, etc., I am putting money in your pocket and helping pay your salary. So what exactly is the difference? Point blank -- there is none.

Then there are the people who say they are booing the coaches. Yes, I'm sure in between the loud chorus of boos, the players were able to decipher who they for. Next time, maybe you should make it more clear with a "BOOOOOO THE COACHES" type chant.

I mean really, alot of you all get on a message board and rant with ideas that you know all about the proud Husker tradition and no one is living up to it. Well guess what, you only experience the Husker tradition, these players and coaches LIVE IT DAILY. These bleed, they sweat, they go thru two-a-days, they play hurt and they bust their asses twice as hard as you ever would and because you pay the price of admission, it suddenly makes you superior to them and the things they are going to accomplish? Look at them, they are all competitors. You don't play football in the Big 12 unless you have a fire in your belly, but you think these guys aren't living up to your standards? Give me an effin' break.

Honestly, I am disappointed we are not performing better, but even moreso, I am embarrassed by the actions of our fans. That is just sad.

Any athlete who has played at a high level has heard boos or complaining and any player who isn't a pussycat accepts that if they play that bad they will hear about it. AND this was directed towards COZ. I don't think anyone was booing the players but rather the defense towards Coz.

THIS IS DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL, GO PLAY INTERMURALS IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE CRITICISM....LOL

Exactly!!!

I remember the 1st time I heard fans boo anything other than a bad call by the refs..My Brother took me to a Cardinals Preseason game against Da Bears when I 1st moved out here..I remember saying to him something about how glad I was that our fans were too classy to boo our own team (unless it was Halloween).

If you really have to express yourself to make you feel better..Just do it here.

Booing during a game at your home field is Busch league IMO.

Exactly.

Definitely agree. It doesn't bring anything good.

Well, what is the best way to express your displeasure about the stituation for PUD and Cally to understand??? I was told my website and emails don't mean anything, do you think this message was heard?

The problem is not expressing displeasure. The problem is that it compounds a situation in the GAME. As a former college athlete, I'd expect that you can understand that when you hear boos your first reaction might not be "Well, those aren't for me so that's cool.".

As far as voicing your displeasure, I've always said you can stop supporting the program. Monetarily and with your moral support. Outside of that, letter writing, emails to the head office, etc etc.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Booing your team at a game is busch league.

Any athlete who has played at a high level has heard boos or complaining and any player who isn't a pussycat accepts that if they play that bad they will hear about it. AND this was directed towards COZ. I don't think anyone was booing the players but rather the defense towards Coz.

THIS IS DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL, GO PLAY INTERMURALS IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE CRITICISM....LOL

If you can get inspired by Boo's from your own fans, play in Philly.