the post game interview with ruud was laughable!

Ruud won us this game, fellas.

And yes they did get a lot on broken plays...we'd get decent pressure but the QB is quick and he's always outrun the defender and make a nice play downfield.

Give me a break. If the D did not play SO poorly, the INT would not have been necessary. The D is responsible for the game being close. Nobody on the D won this game. The offense won the game, the defense will make headlines.

I don't for any second think that RUUD won us this game. He made 1 big play. I watched the game, and I think our coaches put him in coverage wayy too often. There were a couple of times today he did a great job, but its no secret that he is not athletic enough to be guarding TEs and RBs man to man

I think he is right that we need to play more zone

I don't for any second think that RUUD won us this game. He made 1 big play. I watched the game, and I think our coaches put him in coverage wayy too often. There were a couple of times today he did a great job, but its no secret that he is not athletic enough to be guarding TEs and RBs man to man

based on these comments, i am reminded of octaviens Pass break up. He looked better in coverage than grixby and jones. And i think all of the tackling issues were summed up when thenarse whiffed the qb on a cb blitz

I'm just basing the fact that if he does not make that, we do not win.

The other stuff is all collective

You're probably right, but then again you never know... Yes he made a huge play, but he is probably the worst linebacker we have. Awesome comment by No Name about his speed he usually looks like he is in slow-mo, just like his brother (how Barrett is playing in the NFL I'll never know, and don't give me that "all-time leading tackler" mumbo jumbo, oops total tagent). Regardless kudos to Bo

If octo really said that then he really needs to realise that when you play bad defense or offense you ARE going to get BOOOOOOOED!!. and IF he plans playing at the next level what the hell does thinks going to happen when he plays bad then two. Does he think that were going to give the key to the dam city for playing bad if so i want whatever the hell hes smoking cause that most be some dam good SH*T!

You might have something there...how sad was it watching Ruud trying to keep up with a WR flying down the sidelines...WTF?!?

This defense was piss-poor, but SOMEONE is making LB's get into this kind of coverage nightmare. Are you kidding yourselves that LB's should be playing bump-and-run with receivers downfield?

There probably should be some defensive spots that are changed, and with the injuries, who knows what will happen...but dear lord...talk about the blind leading the blinded... :blink:

I know the players do not like the boos but the fans do not like paying 50.00 or more for a ticket to watch what is equivilant to high school level play by the Huskers.

I give the Huskers credit for never giving up and making some crucial plays, but the defense should take the offense out for dinner and wash their cars or whatever it takes. Because if they think we are pissed at this outcome, think what it would be like if we had lost.