New Defensive Cordinator

I think the firing should happen after the recuirting signing period so we don't lose any guys, and then I would realistically try to get Wally Burnham from South Florida, his defence is second in the nation in tfl's. Not sure on the recuirting part but he reminds me of Pelini, also he could easily take the job because of the step up, but he might one to stay because South Florida is on the rise IMO

Yeah..'Cause it's a well known fact that recruits can't read.

Dick Vermeil

At least the team would have plenty of emotion.

Just curious to know if anyone had any suggestions to who were to replace cosgrove if he were to be fired today? and if he stays the rest of the season and they replace him during the off-season who would they try to 'WO' to nebraska as d-cordinator?

First, Coz ain't going anywhere anytime soon--at least during the next couple of months of this season.

But if I had to hazard a wild-assed guess at a candidate for DC, I might throw out a name like Rob Ryan. He's an FOB, both college and pro experience, and has a new HC, jr Kiffin, who might just be looking for his own guy someday soon. (btw, Rob Ryan is Buddy's kid). Rob would git 'er done too!

Buddy Ryan, "You've got a winner in town".

Worst coach the AZ Cardinals ever had..And THAT's saying something.

Last week I spent all of my time defending Coz to some extent...and now I am responding to this thread :wacko:

If the situation ever arises.....not saying it should.....YET....but if the trend continues... I agree with a few people ahead of me.

1. first person on my list is Monte Kiffin....come home, finish career...and this would help BC's image at little

2. second, I still persue Marvin Sanders.....

3. I actually don't disagree with the Dan McCarney idea...he can recruit and motivate....

1.Monte Kiffin- isnt he like 70? Might as well get McBRIDE same age :rollin

2.Marvin Sander- I love him for defensive Back coach as for DC not sure if he's shown enough to take over whole team.

3. Dan McCarney- Please are you kidding me? Why don't we bring back Kevin Steele if your going for failed Big 12 Coaches.

That's funny--that failed Big XII Coach Kevin Steele is getting love down at 'Bama and the rest of the SEC.

:nutz

I had seen that Texas Tech might make a run at Mike Stoops if he gets fired at Arizona. It would be an interesting choice for Stoops. 1. Go back and coach under his brother. 2. Go to Tech where he would face his brother every year. 3. Come to Nebraska where he would only face his brother 2 out of every 4 years.

I say pick choice three because it's the option that would make for happier Thanksgivings for the Stoops clan.

I want someone from the SEC. If not a current DC, then an assistant who is ready to move up.

I'd look at plucking someone from the NFL as well.

Uh, BC came from the NFL. What makes you think a DC from the NFL would be any better?

Did I miss something? What's wrong with our offense?

Had the D not made a Pick 6, NU probably loses to Ball St.

The O has put up numbers, certainly, but against the likes Ball St, Nevada, and the second and third strings of USC. The O has flashes of brilliance in the passing game but the running game so far has been disappointing except week one. I dont' think you survive without a strong running game and the last couple of weeks, it has really been weak. The key to West Coast Offense is O-line play and with as much talent and size, the NU O-line ought to be much more dominant.

I want someone from the SEC. If not a current DC, then an assistant who is ready to move up.

I'd look at plucking someone from the NFL as well.

Uh, BC came from the NFL. What makes you think a DC from the NFL would be any better?

Did I miss something? What's wrong with our offense?

Had the D not made a Pick 6, NU probably loses to Ball St.

The O has put up numbers, certainly, but against the likes Ball St, Nevada, and the second and third strings of USC. The O has flashes of brilliance in the passing game but the running game so far has been disappointing except week one. I dont' think you survive without a strong running game and the last couple of weeks, it has really been weak. The key to West Coast Offense is O-line play and with as much talent and size, the NU O-line ought to be much more dominant.

Sure we needed the pick 6 by the D to win agains BU—because our D allowed 40 freaking points!

Through four games our offense is racking up nearly 500 ypg. That’s good for 14th in the nation—not a bad feat considering the D hasn’t been real efficient at getting the ball back. Our offense is doing fine. We don’t need to start the WCO v. cloud of dust debate here.

/end of threadjack.

Just curious to know if anyone had any suggestions to who were to replace cosgrove if he were to be fired today? and if he stays the rest of the season and they replace him during the off-season who would they try to 'WO' to nebraska as d-cordinator?

First, Coz ain't going anywhere anytime soon--at least during the next couple of months of this season.

But if I had to hazard a wild-assed guess at a candidate for DC, I might throw out a name like Rob Ryan. He's an FOB, both college and pro experience, and has a new HC, jr Kiffin, who might just be looking for his own guy someday soon. (btw, Rob Ryan is Buddy's kid). Rob would git 'er done too!

Buddy Ryan, "You've got a winner in town".

Worst coach the AZ Cardinals ever had..And THAT's saying something.

Vince Tobin squeaked into the playoffs in 1998 one game over .500. Except for that, the Cards haven’t had a winning year since Ron Reagan was president. The first time.

So face it. The Cardinals suck no matter who the coach is.