Mizzou Fan Here

TrumanBD

thanks for not running your mouth on here. we've had some less than pleasant mizzou fans on here and it's nice to see one doesn't have his head half way up his.......

anyways, very nice to hear from you, and I'm looking forward to that offensive battle.

On that note: My wife and I attended the MU-NU game in Missouri in 1997 when Matt Davison caught the kicked pass to send it into overtime (that we then won). The Missouri fans in that game were awesome. they treated the NU faithful with more than respect. They were really fun, very nice to us and even after the game that we won, were simply great. From that day forward i viewed the Missouri fans (and their press which has also been typically, for the press, fair-minded toward NU) as a different breed than the CU and KSU fans.

I like Missouri football and wish them well (accept against us!).

It will be a shootout. Oh, and for our visitor from MU --- the NU defense is not suspect -- there is no uncertainty here, it is not that we suspect that we have a weak defense --- we are certain. I suspect that a combined 80+ points will be scored in that game. The winner? Whoever has the ball last?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not here to talk smack. I love college football and love talking about it to people who have something intelligent to say.

I was actually born and raised in Nebraska, but have lived in Missouri for years and finally made the switch to being a Tiger fan about 5 years ago. I did buy a bunch of MU vs. NE tickets since I am a Mizzou season ticket holder and I have lots of NE friends and family coming in for the game.

I hope you make it to the game this year and I hope you have another good experience.

I'm going to the game against MU. I figure it'll probably be ugly, but hopefully MU doesn't win like 2 years ago leaving me to watch the fans tear down the goalpost again

Maybe they can break a record on most points ever scored in a game

I do hope we win, but I don't hope we tear down the goal posts again. I'm not trying to talk smack here, but if we beat a team at home 3 times in a row, it isn't exactly a once a 50 year win worth tearing down the goal posts for.

That being said, I think this game will be huge for our fans and a this win may be the biggest win we have had over Nebraska if it allows us a chance at winning the North.

It's gonna be close, but I think we can come out on top!

thanks for not running your mouth on here. we've had some less than pleasant mizzou fans on here and it's nice to see one doesn't have his head half way up his.......

anyways, very nice to hear from you, and I'm looking forward to that offensive battle.

On that note: My wife and I attended the MU-NU game in Missouri in 1997 when Matt Davison caught the kicked pass to send it into overtime (that we then won). The Missouri fans in that game were awesome. they treated the NU faithful with more than respect. They were really fun, very nice to us and even after the game that we won, were simply great. From that day forward i viewed the Missouri fans (and their press which has also been typically, for the press, fair-minded toward NU) as a different breed than the CU and KSU fans.

I like Missouri football and wish them well (accept against us!).

It will be a shootout. Oh, and for our visitor from MU --- the NU defense is not suspect -- there is no uncertainty here, it is not that we suspect that we have a weak defense --- we are certain. I suspect that a combined 80+ points will be scored in that game. The winner? Whoever has the ball last?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not here to talk smack. I love college football and love talking about it to people who have something intelligent to say.

I was actually born and raised in Nebraska, but have lived in Missouri for years and finally made the switch to being a Tiger fan about 5 years ago. I did buy a bunch of MU vs. NE tickets since I am a Mizzou season ticket holder and I have lots of NE friends and family coming in for the game.

I hope you make it to the game this year and I hope you have another good experience.

Your folks obviously didnt raise you right. How could anyone from Nebraska switch sides? LOL! Anyways , heres to a great , injury free game. Welcome to Huskerboard.

I didn't get to see or hear your game today, but it seems like our meeting on October 6th is looking to be an offensive battle with us both having suspect defense. I think it is going to be a close game that could look a lot like the OK State Texas Tech game today.

Good luck against Iowa State!

Sounds like the first team to make a defensive stand will win it!

i went to the mizzou game 2 years ago and many people said the mizzou fans were not the best. i would have to say i was pleasantly suprised. We sat dead center in the mizzou side and they were all great. this was directly opposite of the KU fans after they beat us. they were calling us all kind of "f'in this and f"in that"...it was unbelievable for their team just winning....

the mizzou fans were very nice. Someone (husker fan) had brought a RV with a bud tent and was having a huge party..by the time the game started there were 400 people atleast both mizzou and husker and everyone we haveing a great time.....

by the way, thanx to whomever hosted that party with the beer and food, never found out who they were but they were great....

I don't like the fact that we are likely going to have a track meet with Mizzu in Columbia. I don't know if we can outscore them on their home field. Listen, with the way the defense is playing, every game on our schedule is a possible defeat, including ISU. We are fortunate to be 3-1 instead of 1-3 right now. I'm worried about this team. The way things are going, we may have a 5-7 or 6-6 season -- man I hope we get our sh_t together. I'm rarely negative, but what's happening right now is not good.

To the Missouri fan. You are facing a defense that may be worse than yours. So far this season, this is the worst Blackshirt unit I have seen since going to games 35 years ago. Do you drive a truck? If you do, your OL will open up holes big enough for you to drive through. I'm sorry guys. I know you hate reading this negative crap, but we are in serious trouble right now. Pray that we turn things around. :dunno

I don't like the fact that we are likely going to have a track meet with Mizzu in Columbia. I don't know if we can outscore them on their home field. Listen, with the way the defense is playing, every game on our schedule is a possible defeat, including ISU. We are fortunate to be 3-1 instead of 1-3 right now. I'm worried about this team. The way things are going, we may have a 5-7 or 6-6 season -- man I hope we get our sh_t together. I'm rarely negative, but what's happening right now is not good.

To the Missouri fan. You are facing a defense that may be worse than yours. So far this season, this is the worst Blackshirt unit I have seen since going to games 35 years ago. Do you drive a truck? If you do, your OL will open up holes big enough for you to drive through. I'm sorry guys. I know you hate reading this negative crap, but we are in serious trouble right now. Pray that we turn things around. :dunno

A couple stats that I hope give Mizzou an edge on October 6th:

Lead the nation (and obviously the Big 12) in third-down conversion percentage, having converted 36 of 63 attempts, a clip of 57.1 percent.

Lead the Big 12 in takeaways with 11 (five fumble recoveries, six interceptions).

Turnovers could make the difference in this shoot out!

Have been flagged for the third-fewest penalties (20) in the Big 12 but for the fewest yards (117).

Turnovers could also be a factor in a close game.

Have the No. 2 red-zone defense behind Kansas’, giving up points just 62.5 percent of the time.

Even though we have had some defensive problems we have made some stops when they mattered. We have also given up fewer points each game. One could argue that the quality of our opponents have decreased, but I have been at every game except Ole Miss, and our defensive is at least making some progress. I hope they make a lot of progress the next two weeks .