Heart

As I sat in the stands yesterday the only thing I noticed was just how lazy the players are. Walking back to the huddle, jogging around...no real hustle....no real heart. I loved back in the day when C. Peter would get a sack and about 12 (yeah, 12) huskers would jump on him. They motivated eachother. I didn't see any of that

BINGO! I have noticed the same things. No fire under these boys a$$es.

I do not see aggressive, mean, nasty, and rude attitudes like the Peter brothers, Wistrom, etc had. We used to be MEAN!!!!!! Now it seems like they are to busy looking the part and trying to act like they are already in the pros. In the past, we had some D players that did not have as much talent as these guys, but were just full of heart and full of fire; they wanted to hit people, not finessly strip the ball. Until our guys get their mean-on and get aggressive, and until they stop talking and start acting they will not be a decent unit.

I do not see aggressive, mean, nasty, and rude attitudes like the Peter brothers, Wistrom, etc had. We used to be MEAN!!!!!! Now it seems like they are to busy looking the part and trying to act like they are already in the pros. In the past, we had some D players that did not have as much talent as these guys, but were just full of heart and full of fire; they wanted to hit people, not finessly strip the ball. Until our guys get their mean-on and get aggressive, and until they stop talking and start acting they will not be a decent unit.

I was gonna say. I have never seen so many lame attempts to strip the ball in my life! What happened to putting fear into the eyes of opposing QBs?

Maybe this coincides with the reduction in walk ons. Those kids knew they had to play/practice their ass off just to be on the team and they would hit the premadonnas in the mouth in practice. I understand the talent has to be there but at some point we need to recruit heart and desire as well. I know that those are intangibles that can't be measured but if you bring in a 4 star and he gets laid out by a walk on he may develope some desire and heart. :bonez