Sam McKewon is a F'n Idiot

thiems

I agree there are some players that need to get the game up to par. But a coach who has a long history of making defenses WORSE, who can't make adjustments (look at 3rd Q box scores), who puts our players out of position, is RUINING THE TRADITION OF BLACKSHIRTS -- NOT THE PLAYERS!

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/displ...3/46f6ed7800daf

You're absolutely right! I know we don't have the fastest and most athletic players, but we should have enough talent to hold Ball st under 600 yards of total offense. Cosgrove is a joke and it's not because of the players! Every saturday you see teams with far less speed and talent on D than we have be competitive and why is that? It's because they have D-coordinators that have them prepared to play and or are able to make adjustments. Cosgrove has done neither. The article is right when it says that Cosgrove doesn't know what to do, but it's not because of the players or injuries, it's because he just doesn't know what to do!

I agree there are some players that need to get the game up to par. But a coach who has a long history of making defenses WORSE, who can't make adjustments (look at 3rd Q box scores), who puts our players out of position, is RUINING THE TRADITION OF BLACKSHIRTS -- NOT THE PLAYERS!

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/displ...3/46f6ed7800daf

Why is he an idiot? He pretty much nailed most of it, other than thelling us we have to be content with this poor play. He identified problems, and didn't really defend Cosgrove. In fact, I do agree Cosgrove is trying to fix things, he is just failing miserably and therefore must go.

This article was decent until the very end.

You may not like the very end, but I think what he was implying is that the booing won't change anything. In order for the regime to be changed and a new direction, people will have to keep their wallets shut rather than simply booing at the games. It's been said time and time again that the only way BC doesn't make it until 2011 is if the sell out streak is lost. I'm guessing that is what he's saying. Booing accomplishes nothing, but funding coming to a halt does.

I agree with a lot about the article, but I'm still somewhat numb to his reference to the volleyball team. Let's face it, Cook is undeniably a great coach. However, we have players on that squad that weren't highly sought after. To infer we have the best athletes in the nation is arguable. Houghtelling wasn't offered a scholly by even one single D1 school other than NU. Cook develops talent. If you look at the talent on our football team, I think probably 8 or 9 out of the other 11 Big 12 schools would love to have part or all of it. I would be willing to bet Ball State would trade us man for man for their team. We don't have a bunch of talentless losers. There are some very talented players that were highly sought after by other D1 schools. Just because they play like they don't have talent doesn't mean they don't have talent.

Apparently, Texas Tech's def. coordinator quit yesterday.

Why can't Cos do the same??

Would you really want him to go this early in the season. What do you think would happen then as far as recruiting and the players already here. Would they give up also because that is what it would be. Coz giving up on his players. I don't like the guy but I do not think him leaving right now is the answer either.

The players actions on the field are usually a result of a coaches abilities/inabilities to teach. Cos sucked at Wisconsin. He still sucks here.

I remember reading the Wisconsin fans' reactions after Coz left Wisconsin to come here...almost all of them were relieved and thanking NU. Looks like they may have known what they were talking about.

FWIW...

Currently,

#9 Wisconsin is 31st in the NCAA in Total Defense, and 35th in points allowed.

# 25 Nebraska is 76th in the NCAA in Total Defense, and 75th in points allowed, which is 10th and 11th, respectively, in the Big 12.

Apparently, Texas Tech's def. coordinator quit yesterday.

Why can't Cos do the same??

Would you really want him to go this early in the season. What do you think would happen then as far as recruiting and the players already here. Would they give up also because that is what it would be. Coz giving up on his players. I don't like the guy but I do not think him leaving right now is the answer either.

actually, i am surprised he has not resigned and turned the reigns over to Buddy Wyatt. cally is still protecting him, through thick and thin, that is what friends do.