Scary Thought

I am not a basher....I'm trying to remain positive after spending the day with knowledgeble fans from many conferences from across the east and southeast....they put these thoughts in my head.

The wifey and I were returning home Saturday night after a watch party with K Staters Saturday afternoon in downtown Atlanta and the fun we had with them. These fans we spent the day with were very good football fans and KNOWLEDGEBLE.

After arriving back at the airport and heading home back to Topeka and playing out the remaining season back over and over in my head I finally stated to the wife....I don't think I can honestly mark any remaining games as a 'gimme' for the rest of the season.

Now KSU will not be intimidated coming into Lincoln after their impressive win in Austin on the road.

Now, CU will welcome our visit to Boulder after upsetting OU.

A&M, KSU? I'll be in Lincoln at the Memorial 'doing my best to protect our home' GO BIG RED

I don't hang out with K Staters...in fact I loath the entire state....the Idea that you would consider that a quality place to live makes me disregard anything that you might want to post about NU....I don't mean this as a personal attack and don't want to offend you, but I would rather have Afaganistan as a state before Kansas....I can only imagine that you are forced thru some kind of a wittness protection program to live there.I feel sorry for you....seriously, I do.

I mean , LOATH the state....why in the world would you want to live in second rate place like that....you do realize that you are below Mississippi, Arkansas, W. Virginia and every other state in the UNION!.....Kansas, give me a break.....I need to go outside and puke!

Yo Skippy, you must not have a job or family to support. Those Husker fans who have both, in the state of Kansas do what we have to do. Grow up and quit bashing! :wtf

I am not a basher....I'm trying to remain positive after spending the day with knowledgeble fans from many conferences from across the east and southeast....they put these thoughts in my head.

The wifey and I were returning home Saturday night after a watch party with K Staters Saturday afternoon in downtown Atlanta and the fun we had with them. These fans we spent the day with were very good football fans and KNOWLEDGEBLE.

After arriving back at the airport and heading home back to Topeka and playing out the remaining season back over and over in my head I finally stated to the wife....I don't think I can honestly mark any remaining games as a 'gimme' for the rest of the season.

Now KSU will not be intimidated coming into Lincoln after their impressive win in Austin on the road.

A&M, KSU? I'll be in Lincoln at the Memorial 'doing my best to protect our home' GO BIG RED

What do you think about when the Tigers will be played? :bonez

Now it?s you?re turn, fuinny bone.

I don't hang out with K Staters...in fact I loath the entire state....the Idea that you would consider that a quality place to live makes me disregard anything that you might want to post about NU....I don't mean this as a personal attack and don't want to offend you, but I would rather have Afaganistan as a state before Kansas....I can only imagine that you are forced thru some kind of a wittness protection program to live there.I feel sorry for you....seriously, I do.

I mean , LOATH the state....why in the world would you want to live in second rate place like that....you do realize that you are below Mississippi, Arkansas, W. Virginia and every other state in the UNION!.....Kansas, give me a break.....I need to go outside and puke!

Yo Skippy, you must not have a job or family to support. Those Husker fans who have both, in the state of Kansas do what we have to do. Grow up and quit bashing! :wtf

Call him funny bone!!! :bonez It's cool. So are those yellow faces to my left<<<.

My board name is Topekahusker...I'm a former Lincoln resident living in Topeka. Duh? From Manhattan, Salina, Wichita...It's obvious the guy isn't a dick detective with the PD's of Nebraska's finest unless he was the one who found out Musberger (sp) had an open container of beer in his car! :woo

I loved the posts except for the guy who flamed me for spelling and the terd who hates Kansas. I did look for a spell check before I posted this thread...must not be one as my Beatrice HS eighth grade english teacher would be looking for all of us to wrap her ruler on our wrists. :corndance

Seriously gang...some great posts on what to look forward this season and let the boys strap 'em on git er done on the field despite who is favored.

And BTW ("by the way" for you challenged) the wifey and I flew to Atlanta, GA for business and then attended a wedding of a friend's son who graduated from K State. Then Saturday they had a private room inside Jocks and Jills, a downtown Atlanta, GA sports bar reserved to watch the game. Turned out there were 45 K - Staters, 2 Huskers, 2 AZ Wildcatters, and one Maryland Terp in attendance in our room. I met fans in town from Clemson and local Georgia Tech fans that were priming before their game and then walking over for the kick. Great conversations.

It was hard on me not to watch or be able to listen on radio to the Huskers in a foreign land. But I settled in with my fellow Big XII North brethern to watch the Cats bring one home for the North.

And to the State of Kansas basher, I'll match my daughters SAT scores with your kids scores anyday. Topeka is a great place to raise children...

Here's an even scarier thought................does anyone else feel that we are just getting by right now??? I just feel like we are right on the edge of having something really bad happen here. It's kinda scary right now.......... :hmmph

You could be on to something, but we could improve and turn the corner too. In this day and age where any team can beat another team, we need to win these close games even if we don't play well and get out played. A dominating effort in all three aspects of the game would be nice to see.

Here's an even scarier thought................does anyone else feel that we are just getting by right now??? I just feel like we are right on the edge of having something really bad happen here. It's kinda scary right now.......... :hmmph

You could be on to something, but we could improve and turn the corner too. In this day and age where any team can beat another team, we need to win these close games even if we don't play well and get out played. A dominating effort in all three aspects of the game would be nice to see.

I agree the domination would obviously be nice and while my cardiovascular health can't take much of it I will take one point last second wins from here on out. :lol:

Im on a better side.. i feel we are improving day by day and game by game.. Defense looked better especially grixby and ruud played stellar and everybody else played solid. McKeon played alot better than i expected because as of late he has been showing signs of very poor play so looks like everything is starting to get on track and it makes me excited to watch the rest of our games! Also Luckys pass was another great one thrown by him! maybe he should be the backup. :sarcasm

do we really need to intimidate teams? does intimidation really work for us?

remember nebraska @ colorado 2k5? they clearly weren't intimidated by the huskers. they came out, talking smack and trash. they thought all they had to do is act like a bunch of thugs and they'd win.

what was the score again? yah, 30-3 nebraska FTW. in the words of puff fans, 'any questions?!'

if they want to treat us like their weak sisters, so be it. it's up to big red to step-up and put the hurting on the upstarts.

all i what from the cornhuskers is a new win every week. if they can do that, then no problem.

What their talking about is when Nebraska use to come out and just intimidate just by their presence kind of like USC did to our team last year and probably this year.

Just being Nebraska used to be good for 7 point at least. Now NU having these teams comming into Nebraska and thinking they can win.

CU was a fluke. If OU hadn't muffed the punt, the game would have been over.

Using this logic, if CU wouldn't have had recievers tip passes for INTs and short fields for OU's offense then the game would have been tied when the duded muffed the punt and NU would have lost to Ball State cuz their reciever dropped a sure six with less than one -minute to go.

Games last 60 minutes, breaks go both ways; give the Buffs their props -- they caught OU napping before the Texas game and won.

armi, you are showing your ignorance with your rant about Kansas. lots of places worse to live, you have probably been in them, just didn't know it. give it a rest or move to Afghanistan and join the Taliban!

Nice.......Well I can tell you that Kansas is not very high on my list....I have never lived in such a place as bad contrary to what you believe....furthermore, I doubt the Taliban are lining up to get into Salina....who is the ignorant one??????.....lets keep this on the high road....if you have some inside info about Kansas that you think would change my opion...please enlighten me....if not, then call of the dogs

works for me, but your orginal post was out of line. if you stay on the high road, you will be fine. last time i checked Kansas was in the USA and Kansas City and some of the surrounding burbs are great places to live and raise a family. enuf said.

I knew you were goin too bring up Lenexa or OP...but what you don't understand is that without Missouri(KC)...those places don't exist.....it like saying that Council Bluffs would be a great town without Omaha draggin it down.....CB(is a dump) would be a tiny little blip on the map if not for Omaha

Nothing along the Kansas City, Kansas side would exist without the taxpayers and business that exist in Missouri, a state with far more wealth and population....the reason that Missouri is a better state, well they are countless...but I'll let you do the research....Kansas is a state that has no real stand alone value that can't attributed to one of it's border states.....

I like Kansas.

If only to buffer us from the land thieves in OK.

But it was great being in HighSchool when their drinking age was 18 and a buttload of us would drive the 50 miles to Norton and see bands like

gvkiq0D0HUQ&mode=related&search=

and drive back home at 2am with a two pitcher buzz (not 3 or 4..I was usually the designated driver).

Really indistinguishable to Nebraska

sure, we could lose the next 3 games or win them all. too many variables to consider. but i am afraid Chase Daniel and his receivers are gonna eat our lunch, hope i am wrong, but we could easily lose this game by 3 TD's if our offense doesn't play 4 quarters. and we can't give them 102 offensive plays and win the game either, this ain't ISU we are playing here.

The D has come up big the past couple of weeks, but I'm tired of hearing people focus on making one or two big plays to save a game. Overally our D is still in shambles.

Here's another VERY scary thought. In our last 4 games, we have been outgained in total offense in each game. Wake, USC, Ball State and lSU (the worst offense statistically in the conference). Those 4 teams have combined for 1,858 of total yards. An average of over 460 yards a game.