Marlon Lucky

huskerhaze

1st in Big 12 rushing.....565 yards (113 yards/game)

Also 27th in Receiving....205 yards (41 yards/game)

I think he still has room for improvement, but is he starting to "live up to he hype"? If he can continue to get 100 yards plus per game in conference play, I like our chances against any team we come up against!

no, jury still out on this guy, sorry. he is far from electrifying as a runner, although our line is not much help, he still goes down too easy, doesn't break enough tackles, isn't illusive enough, etc.. he had one big run of 41 yards against ISU, almost 1/2 his run total for the game.

i want to see more from him, field vision is still questionable.

Watching him yesterday I was getting frustrated with him. He goes down way to easily on the first hit. Glenn was just driving his legs when he was running. Lucky is a great blocking back and a great out of the back field receiving back, but he doesn't hit the holes hard and with authority. He tiptoes way too much. IMO

Watching him yesterday I was getting frustrated with him. He goes down way to easily on the first hit. Glenn was just driving his legs when he was running. Lucky is a great blocking back and a great out of the back field receiving back, but he doesn't hit the holes hard and with authority. He tiptoes way too much. IMO

Yeah. He's a 3rd down back. We need someone with more strength and power to carry the ball 20+ times/ game.

Yeah. He's a 3rd down back. We need someone with more strength and power to carry the ball 20+ times/ game.

Definately agree with you there.

About his 41-yard run, that in particular is a bad example. He had one big run , yes, but take that away and he still averaged 4.4 ypc.

Still, what do you get when you string 3 4.4 runs together? A first down.

Lucky is a very adequate running back, the best all around back on the team. He rarely makes mistakes and is capable of some big plays. I am not sure if he has lived up to the hype because that is relative, but he is performing well.

About his 41-yard run, that in particular is a bad example. He had one big run , yes, but take that away and he still averaged 4.4 ypc.

Still, what do you get when you string 3 4.4 runs together? A first down.

Lucky is a very adequate running back, the best all around back on the team. He rarely makes mistakes and is capable of some big plays. I am not sure if he has lived up to the hype because that is relative, but he is performing well.

I can't argue with you there either............

He's got his blocking down pat (remember Wake Forest?) and he's a receiving threat as well.

Line up an I-formation, stick Castille in as a fullback and Lucky as the I-back . . . *salivates* Unfortunately, I don't think Castille has his blocking down yet or we probably would be seeing him a lot more.

He's got his blocking down pat (remember Wake Forest?) and he's a receiving threat as well.

Line up an I-formation, stick Castille in as a fullback and Lucky as the I-back . . . *salivates* Unfortunately, I don't think Castille has his blocking down yet or we probably would be seeing him a lot more.

it would be nice to see Lucky get better as the season wears on, but i think we are seeing about all we can expect from this guy. he is not bad, but far from what we expected. another misread by callahan when recruiting.