Marlon Lucky

huskerhaze

Marlon has done just fine with the opportunities he has gotten. What do people expect with our current offensive line. People think that he tiptoes, but thats because our offense is designed for him to read the line and find the holes. There aren't going to be gaping holes in the middle of the line. As for him not breaking tackles, i would have to disagree. People have been questioning his production, saying that last year his productivity dropped off toward the end of the season. The reason for that was because brandon jackson started getting the bulk of the carries. I think if he did get carries comparable to the top running backs in the country, be would be great, but he doesn't consistently get 30 carries per game.

2nd team honorable mention? yeah, ok that is big stuff, right up their with Rozier and Rathman.

For a part time playing true Soph. that is pretty good stuff. The guy is the leading rushing and receiver on the team this year as well. That is terrible. :madash

Weren't you the dude in another thread saying we shouldn't live in the past? Yet you bring up backs from the 80's <_<

Marlon has done just fine with the opportunities he has gotten. What do people expect with our current offensive line. People think that he tiptoes, but thats because our offense is designed for him to read the line and find the holes. There aren't going to be gaping holes in the middle of the line. As for him not breaking tackles, i would have to disagree. People have been questioning his production, saying that last year his productivity dropped off toward the end of the season. The reason for that was because brandon jackson started getting the bulk of the carries. I think if he did get carries comparable to the top running backs in the country, be would be great, but he doesn't consistently get 30 carries per game.

i agree! he has some of the best skills on the team too

2nd team honorable mention? yeah, ok that is big stuff, right up their with Rozier and Rathman.

If we are going to compare all of our running backs to Rozier, then we will more than likely be disappointed everytime.

Yeah I notice the sooners being dissapointed time after time again. :sarcasm Nebraska hasn't had a real good running back since Ahman Greene.

He's a certain type of back, great when the O-Line can make some big holes and he can get in the open field. He's not gonna move the pile, but that's what we have Castille and Glenn for. He just isn't an every down back. Love the idea of getting both him and Castille in the backfield together. Been saying it for a while.

He's a certain type of back, great when the O-Line can make some big holes and he can get in the open field. He's not gonna move the pile, but that's what we have Castille and Glenn for. He just isn't an every down back. Love the idea of getting both him and Castille in the backfield together. Been saying it for a while.

did u not see him move the pile in the nevada game man?? if he is 2 yards away from the endzone he will push the pile and get in

They had moves, I'll give them that. But would they have been capable of blocking and catching the way Jackson and Ross were?

Not trying to antagonize, I just think it's an interesting topic and I want to expand upon it. :)

No problem, and yes I'm guessing they would have been starters over every runningback that Nu had the last 8 years.

NU use to get some of the best running backs and part of the blame is on Solich and the way he made Crouch a one man team.