Marlon Lucky

huskerhaze

This season, Marlon Lucky leads the conference with 113 yards a game. Take away the career-high 233 he had against Nevada, and his average is 83. Take away Lucky's longest run in each of the past four games, and his per-carry average slips from 5.2 to 3.1.

The tough yards, to be sure, have not come easily.

Since the Nevada game, the Huskers have converted on just five of 11 third-down situations where they've needed 1 or 2 yards and have elected to run.

Lucky, the featured back, has gotten the call nine times on third-and-short and has converted only five times.

ok, so why in the hell aren't we running Castille or Glenn on 3rd and short, when we know Lucky goes down easily?

i will tell you why, because cally is hoping Lucky can pop through when they stack the line and get a long gainer. so far that strategy isn't working.

I agree that we should be running a big back on third and short, but are you seriously complaining about 5 for 9 on third down. And why should we take away his big runs and his big game to compare him to other backs? Thats the whole reason we run Lucky, is for the long runs.

What I want to know (and this isnt directed at you Hunter) is why everyone is bitching about everything? Even when a player is doing good, we still find ways to complain. He's leading the conference and is towards the top in yards per game in the country, and yet some still whine. What ever happened to supporting your team and players? Best fans in the country? If people come on this board they'll be second guessing that.

"I agree that we should be running a big back on third and short, but are you seriously complaining about 5 for 9 on third down. And why should we take away his big runs and his big game to compare him to other backs? Thats the whole reason we run Lucky, is for the long runs.

What I want to know (and this isnt directed at you Hunter) is why everyone is bitching about everything? Even when a player is doing good, we still find ways to complain. He's leading the conference and is towards the top in yards per game in the country, and yet some still whine. What ever happened to supporting your team and players? Best fans in the country? If people come on this board they'll be second guessing that."

:yeah

I agree. I've never heard so complaining over 4-1. It hasn't always been pretty, but we've found ways to win. Bottom line is 4-1. I think we'll learn a lot after this weekend. I'm betting that the defense plays better. I think we'll get a few more stops than MU will, that's all it takes, a few timely stops. We'll see.

Marlon Lucky is tied for 3rd in the nation with 770 rushing and receiving yards amongst running backs.

That is pretty impressive. Marlon has been effective. He is being asked by some to be what he is not. OK he is not a John Riggins "it takes 12 guys to tackle me" kind of guy. He is however quite good in space, is fast and is producing. We should be thankful that this young man is on our team

And I reiterate, do not be surprised to see Marlon as a receiver in the NFL (and perhaps a really good one at that).

Marlon Lucky is tied for 3rd in the nation with 770 rushing and receiving yards amongst running backs.

That is pretty impressive. Marlon has been effective. He is being asked by some to be what he is not. OK he is not a John Riggins "it takes 12 guys to tackle me" kind of guy. He is however quite good in space, is fast and is producing. We should be thankful that this young man is on our team

And I reiterate, do not be surprised to see Marlon as a receiver in the NFL (and perhaps a really good one at that).

I think, at the very least, he will make a career out of being a 3rd down back. A very solid player, I know Gruden was more impressed with Lucky than Jackson last year when he visited.

I think the topic was based on his running ability but he has been a good back for us overall and an above average runner. I think a lot of people are merely stating that his hype would have had him as the 79th best back on yds per carry.

He should be a better runner but he is a decent back...just not great.

I think the topic was based on his running ability but he has been a good back for us overall and an above average runner. I think a lot of people are merely stating that his hype would have had him as the 79th best back on yds per carry.

Decent back that has the 3rd most yards in the nation. More than any of the Heisman candidates that were pumped ad nauseum over the summer. Whatever, dude. I don't think he is the most awesome running back ever, but I think he gets 0 credit for as much as he does. I thought that stat would be pretty entertaining to throw out there. He is on pace for 2000 total yards this year.

Decent back that has the 3rd most yards in the nation. More than any of the Heisman candidates that were pumped ad nauseum over the summer. Whatever, dude. I don't think he is the most awesome running back ever, but I think he gets 0 credit for as much as he does. I thought that stat would be pretty entertaining to throw out there. He is on pace for 2000 total yards this year.

ok, let's wait until the season is over to really evaluate his performance.

now theres a novel idea

There will be even more excuses then as to why he sucks/can't live up to the hype. If he ends up with 2000 total yards, most will just call him a product of the system. Look for him to have a big game against Missouri. He needs to for Nebraska to win.