Huskers Need a New Coach

Thats it, you hit it right on the head :sarcasm ...douche

Hey look, name calling! I'm sure this will be overlooked though.

Is that any different then you calling everyone sheep?

Very different, calling someone a follower and another a douche are completely different.

Now if Budeater would have called him a douche he would probably be banned. Name calling seems to only come from apologists and is then overlooked.

Firing Cally is the worst possible thing that could happen right now. Not only when almost all of the recruits decommit we would have to start all over again with a new coach. Horrible idea and not what we should do right now. I say get rid of Cosgrove at the end of the season and maybe some other assistants and bring in some new assistants.

Firing Cally is the worst possible thing that could happen right now. Not only when almost all of the recruits decommit we would have to start all over again with a new coach. Horrible idea and not what we should do right now. I say get rid of Cosgrove at the end of the season and maybe some other assistants and bring in some new assistants.

Well let's see how the season plays out. If we win 7 or fewer games then he should be canned. That will be tough because of the extension however ASU fired Dirk Koetter 6 months after a new extension and they don't have NU pockets.

Very different, calling someone a follower and another a douche are completely different.

Now if Budeater would have called him a douche he would probably be banned. Name calling seems to only come from apologists and is then overlooked.

Was I talking to you?? I didnt think so... Now run along son!

I was talking to BorNred not you. I guess you didn't see who I was quoting....did you? You can call me son all you want but I guarantee nobody will ever call you daddy!

Please somebody answer me this 1 very critical question:

If Solich ran the program into the ground and couldn't recruit talent how was he able to win 10 games and Cally best season he won 9 but lost 5?

I don't think Solich should be our coach nor am I saying he is better than Callahan for NU

BUT This proves that if Solich's talent is worse than Cally's and the BIG 12 is worse now and KSU and CU are worse than they were 5 years ago when Solich coached then why are we losing so many games???? COACHING!!!!!!!

I'm starting to think that coaching is a problem as well. Why can 2nd year coaches like Hawkins & Prince get big wins when we always seem to fold when we have our chance against a top 10 team. There's no way that KU, KSU, CU, and Mizzou can win the recruiting battle with us, but they still keep hanging around with substandard talent. Unfortunately, I think we're going to have to accept this for the next 4 years, hopefully less if the NFL comes calling.

I was talking to BorNred not you. I guess you didn't see who I was quoting....did you? You can call me son all you want but I guarantee nobody will ever call you daddy!

Maybe you should go back read it again... you were talking to me.

If Solich ran the program into the ground and couldn't recruit talent how was he able to win 10 games and Cally best season he won 9 but lost 5?

I don't think Solich should be our coach nor am I saying he is better than Callahan for NU

BUT This proves that if Solich's talent is worse than Cally's and the BIG 12 is worse now and KSU and CU are worse than they were 5 years ago when Solich coached then why are we losing so many games???? COACHING!!!!!!!

I'm starting to think that coaching is a problem as well. Why can 2nd year coaches like Hawkins & Prince get big wins when we always seem to fold when we have our chance against a top 10 team. There's no way that KU, KSU, CU, and Mizzou can win the recruiting battle with us, but they still keep hanging around with substandard talent. Unfortunately, I think we're going to have to accept this for the next 4 years, hopefully less if the NFL comes calling.

I agree that Prince has two signature wins (both Texas). But come on, Hawkins??? Personally, I think I would rather have our record...at the end of this season...as opposed to CU. I know it's still too early to judge Hawkins...but why is he suddenly a genius?

GAME ON

I can't believe your truly a fan of the Big Red. Hah we win big against a team who always plays up to us our defense did a fine job even scored a TD and your calling for a firing squad.

We are not going to be dominant in every game anymore. Teams who were not dominant this week include USC, OU,Texas,Wisconsin, Penn St, Cal, Oregon, Florida etc etc is fact most of these teams lost. Several lost at home.

Each team gave up more points than we did. Compare Iowa St and Cu. Compare Iowa St and K St.

I feel to get better we need to stick together not become the issue. If it does become more than you can handle I still need tickets. I mean honestly why do you need them? The games seem to be tearing you up inside. What possible enjoyment can you be getting watching this team?

I remember standing and watching the 1990 Fiesta bowl vs Flo. St.. We lost and lost big. I enjoyed just being there rooting for my team while sitting amidst of the FSU fans. They thought I was nuts and I probably am but my son and I told them all we will be back.

I don't remember anyone wanting Dr. Tom fired or his staff. I feel the "New" fans, after 1994 arespoiled. Thats when I personally saw Husker fans come out of the woodwork. I remind you I'm not from or in Nebraska but my parents were. I watched the Huskers win it all in 70 and 71 and waited and suffered 23 years for another. In that time I was able to grow up with Dr. Tom. He gained more respect by persuvering and always trying to get better while maintaing his loyalty to his players and his staff.

From my observance of Coach Callahan he runs a tight ship. There is "more than winning" on his mind. This was the Husker Way and should be still. I'll be calling for Callahan's firing when he becomes shady like some other squads i know. When winning is the only thing that matters. Ex. Miami, OU and at times CU. I'll jump on the "fire bandwagon" when Coz and his crew run the Husker athletes down in the media or give excuses why they lost without accepting any blame.

Until then I'll be patient, always watchful and always dam proud.

I was fresh out of college in 77 and I called for TO to be fired after the Missouri loss....I was so pissed off that I was smack talking the Misery players after they came off the field. I swear they already knew if they upset us in Lincoln we were headed for a rematch in the Orange Bowl against OU whom we beat in a huge upset the week before. Some guy grabbed my mouth and said 'we do not do that smack talk in this house. I have been a respectful fan ever since!

BTW, this is a great response to Mr Negative! :clap

Um, seriously?

How about becuase Solich's best teams were with players inherited from three national championship squads including a certain future Heisman winner with 4 years of eligibility left. In addition, these players were perfect fits in the system Solich wanted to run.

BC inherited sketchy players to run a completely opposite system. I wouldn't confuse Dailey, Ross, (simmer down just making a point) and Incognito with Crouch, Mike Brown, and Raiola. But that's just me.

And by the way, I misspelled "because" up there. Did I leave it to be ironical about your posts? You'll never know!

Ok, I apologize for the name calling...but he did call people adolph and he didn't get banned, which I think is way worse then being called a douche.

p.s. get rid of coz at season's end (possibly some assistants like someone said) and go from there.

I agree that Prince has two signature wins (both Texas). But come on, Hawkins??? Personally, I think I would rather have our record...at the end of this season...as opposed to CU. I know it's still too early to judge Hawkins...but why is he suddenly a genius?

cause his kid is playing qb for cu?

Well let's see how the season plays out. If we win 7 or fewer games then he should be canned. That will be tough because of the extension however ASU fired Dirk Koetter 6 months after a new extension and they don't have NU pockets.

Petey would never fire a coach like that especially since his job would be in jeopardy for hiring him in the first place.