Adrian Fiala ... ummm what????

Check it out for yourself:

http://netdb.unl.edu/bigredwrapup/

Fiala referred to Chase Daniel as 190# to 200#........ Daniel himself has stated that he's 225#.

Uhhh, Adrian, you're only off by the weight of a large puppy. chuckleshuffle

Chase is definitely 225. If you see him in person, the guy's thick but in tremendous shape. (And, honestly, he's probably closer to 5'10" than six feet).

We need new radio personalities anyways.

Anyone else notice that Squirrel Head doesn't get as excited when a big play happens. It seems like last year he went nuts at time, but this year he seems too mellow.

IMO, we should get someone else.

but the realality is ... nothing is ever gonna happen ... im even sure no one else thinks what they did was a big deal ... im sure im gettin a worked up for nothing .... im sure even the producers of the show thinks its no big deal.

No matter what the game I will live in lala land and predict that we will win it. I did that for the USC game and I swear on my life as a Husker fan I will never predict my team to lose. We WILL beat Missery this weekend. :bonez:bonez:bonez

i hope so to ... i'll be there using my media connections and be on the field!!!

GO BIG RED !!!

maybe in the pressbox i will run into adrian?!?!?!?! haha

No matter what the game I will live in lala land and predict that we will win it. I did that for the USC game and I swear on my life as a Husker fan I will never predict my team to lose. We WILL beat Missery this weekend. :bonez:bonez:bonez

i hope so to ... i'll be there using my media connections and be on the field!!!

GO BIG RED !!!

Yeah then you can question his integrity to his team??? ;)

He on the Big Red Wrap up has predicted a 38-35 Mizzou victory .......

is it just me, or should the color commentator for Husker football not say that in public?

I am in sports broadcasting for a not so great D-2 school and a bad h.s. team ... and if i feel that "my" team will lose ... i will say something like "it will be a tough battle" or something like that ...

but to come right out and predict your team to lose ... in my opinion , i think thats messed up !

or am i alone in this????

I completely agree that Fiala shouldn't predict ANY games as a member of the Husker broadcast team. I believe the best broadcasters (i.e. play-by-play, color commentator, and sideline personnel) are completely NEUTRAL in their coverage of the game (both before, during and after). If Fiala wants to start predicting games or what not, let him quit being the color commentator and either be a writer or a "talking head" (either TV or Radio). I liken the difference in NFL to between the guys who do the pre-game/halftime commentary, and the guys who actually broadcast the game.

Very good point. Say what you will about Herbstriet, but he will at least maintain the journalistic integrity and will not give predictions on games he calls. I havnt see any other member of a broadcast team make predictions on the games they broadcast either.

GO BIG RED !!!

Yeah then you can question his integrity to his team??? ;)

my bro asked me that ... had thought about it if i see him ... havnt decided yet

GO BIG RED !!!

Be sure to tell him his cousin in Ohio said, "Hey".......... (My husband told me to stay out of this, but I had to comment.) And I agree, BRI, we WILL win this Saturday. Go Big Red!!

GO BIG RED !!!

If you run into him make sure you lower your shoulder, drive through with your legs and wrap up driving him into the carpet. and when he is flopping on the ground like a fish out of water make sure you :bonez

GO BIG RED !!!

Be sure to tell him his cousin in Ohio said, "Hey".......... (My husband told me to stay out of this, but I had to comment.) And I agree, BRI, we WILL win this Saturday. Go Big Red!!

Uh oh... looks like you'll have to go through ohiohusker! And she's one tough lady!