for those of you that say we cant fire Coz now...

I still can't believe we let Pelini go...

Worst move EVA!!!!!!!!!

Whatever, Pelini got angry at games, therefore he could never be the coach (at least, that's what I heard). :)

Okay, people also said that he'd never had head coaching experience... but my response to that is if they're a head coach somewhere and they're doing well they'll either not want to leave the position, be at a small not-very-competitive school, which, to me, is about the same as "no experience," or they just straight up suck. I think you have to find someone untested at the position but who shows promise and see how they do.

I still can't believe we let Pelini go...

Worst move EVA!!!!!!!!!

Whatever, Pelini got angry at games, therefore he could never be the coach (at least, that's what I heard). :)

For all the positives Pelini brought in as a position coach - coordinator, he had A LOT of liabilities as a Head Coach.

He plain and simply does not have the public skill to be the face of a major D1 program like Nebraska.

I'm sure the Regents took notice of the meltdown he had after the '03 K-State game and his wife's quotes in the paper during the HC interview process.

Does Stanford have better and faster defensive athletes than us? Of course not, but why is it that they were able to slow down and beat USC! It's because they obviously have a D-coordinator (and I couldn't even tell you what his name is) who knows what he's doing. He prepared his D to play, put together an excellent scheme, made adjustments when necessary and all with far less talent at his disposal than Cosgrove. You all knew, just like I did that we didn't have a prayer of stopping Missouri, we could play them 10 times in a row and Cosgrove would never figure out how to stop them and that's what's pathetic.

Does Stanford have better and faster defensive athletes than us? Of course not, but why is it that they were able to slow down and beat USC! It's because they obviously have a D-coordinator (and I couldn't even tell you what his name is) who knows what he's doing. He prepared his D to play, put together an excellent scheme, made adjustments when necessary and all with far less talent at his disposal than Cosgrove. You all knew, just like I did that we didn't have a prayer of stopping Missouri, we could play them 10 times in a row and Cosgrove would never figure out how to stop them and that's what's pathetic.

5 turnovers can make any team's defense look very good. I am not taking anything away from Stanford b/c USC barely beat Washington last week due to a crappy game. Their coach just got the kids ready mentally and emotionally and put together a nice game plan.

I was just wondering if this is a legitimate possibility, although it has RARELY been the norm.... In my personal opinion, I feel as if the defense has totally givin up on Coz..... As Matt Davidson said last night, the players aren't playing together and they have NOT BOUGHT INTO THE SYSTEM... agian, someone mentioned the lack of emotion prior to the game, a buddy of mine (KChusker) said that Grixby didn't even "pile jump" as the team huddled to leave the field at pre-game.....this has been a Grixby tradition since day 1 of his freshman year.....has he lost desire, along with everyone else....

If this is the case, the ONLY WAY TO COME OUT OF THIS FUNK, is to make a change... and to do it NOW... is it rational to replace a D-coordinator in the middle of the season, or would it only make things worse?

I feel as if might "spark" some inspiration into the team.....

the problem being, at this point, you must hire interim from within, and we don't have anyone to fill the void on stafff.... Coz coaches LB and calls D...... No one else on the D-side of the ball can take over D-calls and LB duties along with their already assigned duties..... kind of stuck behind the 8-ball.....

I'm afraid that the team has quit on Coz, and will NOT be bowl eligible without a change, but HOW !!!

We could go "outside" the system during "Bowl preparations" and bring in a new face to get aclimated, and recruit, but what happens NOW....

I was just wondering if this is a legitimate possibility, although it has RARELY been the norm.... In my personal opinion, I feel as if the defense has totally givin up on Coz..... As Matt Davidson said last night, the players aren't playing together and they have NOT BOUGHT INTO THE SYSTEM... agian, someone mentioned the lack of emotion prior to the game, a buddy of mine (KChusker) said that Grixby didn't even "pile jump" as the team huddled to leave the field at pre-game.....this has been a Grixby tradition since day 1 of his freshman year.....has he lost desire, along with everyone else....

If this is the case, the ONLY WAY TO COME OUT OF THIS FUNK, is to make a change... and to do it NOW... is it rational to replace a D-coordinator in the middle of the season, or would it only make things worse?

I feel as if might "spark" some inspiration into the team.....

the problem being, at this point, you must hire interim from within, and we don't have anyone to fill the void on stafff.... Coz coaches LB and calls D...... No one else on the D-side of the ball can take over D-calls and LB duties along with their already assigned duties..... kind of stuck behind the 8-ball.....

I'm afraid that the team has quit on Coz, and will NOT be bowl eligible without a change, but HOW !!!

We could go "outside" the system during "Bowl preparations" and bring in a new face to get aclimated, and recruit, but what happens NOW....

I totally agree. my suggestion for a replacement is buddy wyatt

by the way we have a huge thread on this(it was on the second page....so you didnt miss it)

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19759