Ignore function?

DaveH

Hey Dave. Im not sure the board has the ability to allow members to ignore specific members' posts so they arent visible - is that what youre referring to? The only ignore function available is the ability to block members from "PM'ing" you...

Yea, I thought I had seen that on other boards. As far as ignoring posts from specific members. I will have to poke around on a couple of the other boards to see. But if it isn't available with this one, that's cool. Just curious. :)

Didn't realize my posts bothered you so much Dave :o

No really, why would you want to ignore certain posts on a message board? I could understand ignore in chat rooms and instant messenger but message boards? It seem if you ignored certain posts in a thread you would be missing the point of the discussion in the thread? Just curious...

Didn't realize my posts bothered you so much Dave :o

No really, why would you want to ignore certain posts on a message board? I could understand ignore in chat rooms and instant messenger but message boards? It seem if you ignored certain posts in a thread you would be missing the point of the discussion in the thread? Just curious...

Agreed, but it can be handy at times for some people. Obviously mods can't use it. Well they could but they wouldn't be doing a good job now would they? :)

• 6 months later...

I agree this thing could use an overhaul. The reason we havent upgraded to the latest version is b/c IB decided to begin charging REAL money for their licenses, and since there are other alternatives available which are free, I decided that money would be better used for stuff like member contests/rewards, hosting etc.

Regardless, we will either be sucking it up and purchasing the license for IB, or pursuing a transfer to another board in the coming months. Right now Im leaning towards the former. The only other board Im aware of which is php MySQL based with comparable features and also free is phpbb.com. Anyone aware of other alternatives let me know.

• 10 months later...